Shimmering crystals

The wiki seems to say Sigurlina Jonsdottir in the guild hall sells these on a rotation basis, but is this completely random or is there actually a frequency as to how often they cycle round before you can buy them? I've been checking for 5 days now and not once have they been available for purchase, which is really annoying being that I need 10 for something I want to craft, so I'll have to wait for them to cycle around 4 times as it looks like when they do appear I'll only be able to buy 3 at a time? At this rate it's going to take months! (is there any reason Anet decided to make this mat on such a strange stupid rng based timegate?).

Also the wiki says "created buy ore synthesizers in Lost Precipice.", is there any reason that's not expanded to the other guild halls? or is that just outdated text? (although in years I've never had a single one from an ore node in my guild hall (now Windswept Haven, previously Gilded Hollow, so maybe it is just Lost Precipice?)

The short story is you'll want to find a guild with max level ore nodes in Lost Precipice and farm them every day. Although the drops are random, the drops build up reasonably quickly. I strongly recommend retaining your guild commendations for things that can't easily be acquired without them (or for converting to gold).

@killermanjaro.5670 said:The wiki seems to say Sigurlina Jonsdottir in the guild hall sells these on a rotation basis, but is this completely random or is there actually a frequency as to how often they cycle round before you can buy them?
It's probably a 4-8 week cycle.In a full hall, she offers 3 choices and I suspect each has its own cycle; the item of interest to you only shows up in one of those

I've been checking for 5 days now and not once have they been available for purchase, ... I'll only be able to buy 3 at a time?
Correct. You can only buy 3 at at a time (in a fully stocked hall).

which is really annoying being that I need 10 for something I want to craft, so I'll have to wait for them to cycle around 4 times as it looks like when they do appearAt this rate it's going to take months! (is there any reason Anet decided to make this mat on such a strange stupid rng based timegate?).
Um, no, there's no reason to rely in Siggy alone; she's meant to top you off, not be your only source.

Also the wiki says "created buy ore synthesizers in Lost Precipice.", is there any reason that's not expanded to the other guild halls? or is that just outdated text? (although in years I've never had a single one from an ore node in my guild hall (now Windswept Haven, previously Gilded Hollow, so maybe it is just Lost Precipice?)As documented in the wiki, including here and there

• Shimmering Crystals drop randomly from Lost Precipice Ore nodes (randomly, 1 or 10)
  • Tenebrous Crystals from Gilded Hollow (ditto)
  • Obsidian Shards from Windswept node (ditto)

Reasons for this include:

• To give each hall a unique characteristic
  • Because there are two different sets of skins (one for each original hall)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The short story is you'll want to find a guild with max level ore nodes in Lost Precipice and farm them every day. Although the drops are random, the drops build up reasonably quickly. I strongly recommend retaining your guild commendations for things that can't easily be acquired without them (or for converting to gold).

@killermanjaro.5670 said:The wiki seems to say Sigurlina Jonsdottir in the guild hall sells these on a rotation basis, but is this completely random or is there actually a frequency as to how often they cycle round before you can buy them?

It's probably a 4-8 week cycle.In a full hall, she offers 3 choices and I suspect each has its own cycle; the item of interest to you only shows up in one of those

I've been checking for 5 days now and not once have they been available for purchase, ... I'll only be able to buy 3 at a time?

Correct. You can only buy 3 at at a time (in a fully stocked hall).

which is really annoying being that I need 10 for something I want to craft, so I'll have to wait for them to cycle around 4 times as it looks like when they do appearAt this rate it's going to take months! (is there any reason Anet decided to make this mat on such a strange stupid rng based timegate?).

Um, no, there's no reason to rely in Siggy alone; she's meant to top you off, not be your only source.

Also the wiki says "created buy ore synthesizers in Lost Precipice.", is there any reason that's not expanded to the other guild halls? or is that just outdated text? (although in years I've never had a single one from an ore node in my guild hall (now Windswept Haven, previously Gilded Hollow, so maybe it is just Lost Precipice?)As documented in the wiki, including
and
  • Shimmering Crystals drop randomly from Lost Precipice Ore nodes (randomly, 1 or 10)
  • Tenebrous Crystals from Gilded Hollow (ditto)
  • Obsidian Shards from Windswept node (ditto)

Reasons for this include:
  • To give each hall a unique characteristic
  • Because there are two different sets of skins (one for each original hall)

Thanks for the useful and detailed info.

Wow that's a potentially long cycle, I think you're right the Lost Precipice route will be a lot better, bit of a shame I can't do it with my current guild, but I guess I'll see if I can find a guild with a max level hall there that will just let me casually join them to pop in and farm the nodes till I have enough then, I'm quite happy with the guild I'm in so I don't really want to leave or stop representing them.

In the meantime I'll keep checking the vendor incase, fortunately guild commendation wise there's not really anything else I need/want to spend them on, banners are about all I buy with them, and I'm stocked up on those. Ascended stuff wise I've got all that I need, not interested in the minis or other skins from them etc. Converting to gold is probably something I should look at though, I assume crafting bags or the gear boxes are what you refer to for making gold with them?

Guilds are constantly recruiting in /map. Join any of those that have LP as their hall and remain in it as long as you like. (Heck, you might even find some new friends.) Also, you can gather in a GH even if you don't belong to the guild: just have a party member enter the hall first and then you have to walk in from the entrance in Open World. (Directions below, in @Tanner Blackfeather.6509's reply; I don't trust myself to un-dyslexic the phrasing.)

Archived