Spellbreaker is still way too powerful

Vagrant.7206

The latest set of nerfs was nice enough to bring spellbreaker out of god tier and just into S tier, but against other melee classes, they are simply way too powerful. On a holo, they are completely impossible to face -- ignore all your damage and dish out a hell of a punch.

Edit: Oh, and I'm seeing quite a bit of diversity of SBs that can just run other melee classes over. D/Sh+GS, GS+Ham, etc.

@Vagrant.7206 said:The latest set of nerfs was nice enough to bring spellbreaker out of god tier and just into S tier, but against other melee classes, they are simply way too powerful. On a holo, they are completely impossible to face -- ignore all your damage and dish out a hell of a punch.

I disagree, I think the playing field is pretty even to the point where the player who evades & lands more will surely win. Even in 1v1 which is the Spellbreakers specialty. (Holosmith does other things better.) Not impossible to face, dodging full counter will give you pretty good odds of winning!

Spellbreaker should not be nerfed further, my evidence is how teams don't require one, opting for a mirage and druid side node builds just fine.

Edit: if you're interested in pursuing 1v1s, make sure you're running the now mega popular explosives dodge roll build.

I disagree, even from the beginning, Spellbreaker, Scourge, etc all have very clear counters (long ranged opponents for one), the current situation of the game, barring broken mirage players and still the prevalence of some "unkillable" builds is probably the best it has been in a long time. There's very clear counters to most classes (except the aforementioned ones) and builds, and every profession has at least one viable pvp build.The issue now is that the rest of the game type still has lots of flaws, with way too short "seasons", no ranked teams, dismissal of world championships, etc.

@Chaith.8256 said:Edit: if you're interested in pursuing 1v1s, make sure you're running the now mega popular explosives dodge roll build.

Not many people seem to realize how semi-broken this build is though. But i am keen on keeping it a secret for as long as possible. ChillstepCoder must be laughing his ass off when people thought SB was nerfed post patch.

@Vagrant.7206 said:The latest set of nerfs was nice enough to bring spellbreaker out of god tier and just into S tier, but against other melee classes, they are simply way too powerful. On a holo, they are completely impossible to face -- ignore all your damage and dish out a hell of a punch.

Edit: Oh, and I'm seeing quite a bit of diversity of SBs that can just run other melee classes over. D/Sh+GS, GS+Ham, etc.

(warrior is pretty much the most underrated Op class in the game) More specializations=more Power Creeps+more Broken builds, are to be blamed for their awareness<<---

I just wish they made Warriors fun to fight. Warriors have always felt like more of a chore than anything else to fight. You have to bait dodges, you have to get double endure out of the way. Now you have to get Balanced Stance procced and wait that out (Due to crit immunity). You have to wait out Shield 5's and a plethora of dodges. Both normals (which on core warrior deals an absurd amount of unblockable damage) aswell as Greatsword 3 (which for some reason still has evade frames to it.)

Not to mention Full Counters on Spellbreaker.

Couple this with Healing Signet + Adrenal aswell as the absurd kiting potential of the class (Absurd from a Guardian PoV) you'd just rather avoid the 1v1s.

@Loop.8106 said:I just wish they made Warriors fun to fight. Warriors have always felt like more of a chore than anything else to fight. You have to bait dodges, you have to get double endure out of the way. Now you have to get Balanced Stance procced and wait that out (Due to crit immunity). You have to wait out Shield 5's and a plethora of dodges. Both normals (which on core warrior deals an absurd amount of unblockable damage) aswell as Greatsword 3 (which for some reason still has evade frames to it.)

Not to mention Full Counters on Spellbreaker.

Couple this with Healing Signet + Adrenal aswell as the absurd kiting potential of the class (Absurd from a Guardian PoV) you'd just rather avoid the 1v1s.

Pretty much this. I have to run around for several minutes while waiting out cooldowns on warriors. The only classes that currently pose a threat to them in conquest are other warriors and scourges, unless you simply overwhelm them with a zerg.

@Strages.2950 said:Capture.png

Holosmith overheat combo 30k+ on a Spellbreaker.This wasnt a combo. This is you getting hit by basicly every skill in an engis arsenal.

Once you get that knockdown, its game over for the SB, my endure pain didnt even pop, all my skills were greyed out due to the hard CC chain. Nothing I could do.Considering Endure Pain is a stunbreak and the trait is passive I don't really see that making much sense.

If you're losing constantly to SB's as holosmith, you're playing your class wrong.You lost to a Sword / Pistol Holosmith, how about you don't call other people out?

@Strages.2950 said:Capture.png

Holosmith overheat combo 30k+ on a Spellbreaker. Once you get that knockdown, its game over for the SB, my endure pain didnt even pop, all my skills were greyed out due to the hard CC chain. Nothing I could do.

If you're losing constantly to SB's as holosmith, you're playing your class wrong.

LOL

That combat log tells me you just sat there and bent over, while doing nothing. Also, the person you're fighting is using a sword/pistol and static discharge? Jeez, they're running a really off build. That's nowhere close to meta anywhere.

@Loop.8106 said:

@Strages.2950 said:
Capture.png

Holosmith overheat combo 30k+ on a Spellbreaker.This wasnt a combo. This is you getting hit by basicly every skill in an engis arsenal.

Once you get that knockdown, its game over for the SB, my endure pain didnt even pop, all my skills were greyed out due to the hard CC chain. Nothing I could do.Considering Endure Pain is a stunbreak and the trait is passive I don't really see that making much sense.

If you're losing constantly to SB's as holosmith, you're playing your class wrong.You lost to a Sword / Pistol Holosmith, how about you don't call other people out?

just as a fyi, if you do 51% of a warrior's health bar you will bipass the auto endure pain. it only procs on hits under 50%, not above. it's how deadeye can 1-shot anything. I feel like a 10k crit is not out of the possibility on holo, but I could be wrong (I haven't played it myself, no PoF).

still, lol at getting rekt by sword pistol... pop stun break into full counter my goodness dude. if I can beat holos on Berserker you can sure as shit do it on SpellBreaker.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

@Strages.2950 said:
Capture.png

just as a fyi, if you do 51% of a warrior's health bar you will bipass the auto endure pain. it only procs on hits under 50%, not above. it's how deadeye can 1-shot anything. I feel like a 10k crit is not out of the possibility on holo, but I could be wrong (I haven't played it myself, no PoF).

still, lol at getting rekt by sword pistol... pop stun break into full counter my goodness dude. if I can beat holos on Berserker you can sure as kitten do it on SpellBreaker.

Yes, but if you look at the combat log from the picture. The hardest hitting skill was 6k and from the start of the fight.

@choovanski.5462 said:

@Loop.8106 said:

@Strages.2950 said:
Capture.png

still, lol at getting rekt by sword pistol... pop stun break into full counter my goodness dude. if I can beat holos on Berserker you can sure as kitten do it on SpellBreaker.

It's out of the question for anything but Deadeye to bypass Defy Pain. Holo would need to do 10k on prime light beam vs. demolishers, or 13k vs. Marauder when it maxes at 5.5k due to toughness, with some Might and Vuln. You don't see more than 8k hits on no toughness targets with a single hit on Holo, it's like lots of medium hits.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:just as a fyi, if you do 51% of a warrior's health bar you will bipass the auto endure pain. it only procs on hits under 50%, not above. it's how deadeye can 1-shot anything. I feel like a 10k crit is not out of the possibility on holo, but I could be wrong (I haven't played it myself, no PoF).

It's out of the question for anything but Deadeye to bypass Defy Pain. Holo would need to do 10k on prime light beam vs. demolishers, or 13k vs. Marauder when it maxes at 5.5k due to toughness, with some Might and Vuln. You don't see more than 8k hits on no toughness targets with a single hit on Holo, it's like lots of medium hits.

then he’s absolutely full of it. his endure pain will have procced & he still got rekt.

holo might be able to do it if he runs berserker (which i do on my berserker, dat ferocity plus axe mastery is creamy), but it would require prime light & instant skills hitting at exactly the same time. so could happen with rifle toolbelt + static discharge or something similar. but it’s super super unlikely, & as @Loop.8106 pointed out it’s not in the combat log (which i missed the first time).

auto proc bipass is possible, but much more common in wvw. it’s (thankfully) hard to pull off in pvp.

@Nemesis.7896 said:Angry Cartman still angry that warriors arent an easy kill for them ?

Warriors have to go melee. Others flee and kite while avoiding 75% of everyhting.

Try a warrior and on your 900th death, you can come here and apologize.

End of debate.

When a class is overpowered, everyone argues it's a l2p issue. It's like trotting out the same broken record. Pre-nerf SB's argued the exact same thing, and they were god-tier 1v3.

Also, warriors DON'T have to go melee. They have some of the most powerful ranged options in the game too.

@Razor.6392 said:God forbid there's one power class that holo can't mindlessly phaceroll to death. Get it? I mixed photon and faceroll. Hahaha.

Not asking for a faceroll. Asking for a chance to deal a meaningful amount of damage within a reasonable period of time. I've observed SBs virtually ignore damage from holos for an extended period (~20s+), by which point the holo is usually dead or running away. And holo is the only other power build (besides the eternal D/P thief) that's really in the meta right now -- so your argument is for a single power build?

Archived