How to encourage player help newbie in raid ?

IcyTear.6378

My idea : We know that raid reward is only once per boss per week but if we got a newbie in group who haven't kill the boss yet we could get the reward again . What do you guys think ?Fully reward sound like too much , it could become a gold farming method so after first kill you just received magnetic shard for re-play .

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it woud need to be scaled differently, having a group of 9 and one newbie doesn't help many newbies. It needs to be set at a level where the newbies are still important to completion, so they learn. Would need to set it at max 5 experienced players and if the others have each less than X Insights dropped (I don't know how many would count as a newbie at this point) the replay reward triggers, imo. It would however create a system which displays whether people have over X Insights dropped (because you couldn't really do this on faith or people would lie to get a quick kill and destroy the program), not sure if everyone would be happy with Anet producing that sort of scrutiny, but maybe they could ask for a vote. It also would require development time which could be better spent.

"Pro" player? As in professional player? :lol:

Seriously, don't enforce the already bad elitism surrounding raids. By putting raiders on such a high pedestal you're enforcing the notion that they are better than everyone else who doesn't raid making the already unwelcoming raids even less accessible to people who would want to raid but are getting booted out of raids for not having killed X amount of bosses or being told they suck and that they would never be accepted into groups because they play the class that's not meta.

Anet needs to get rid of the meta, that's how you fix raids. There will still be elitist players, but like they are in fractals now, way less, and only for speedruns.

Hmmm. You know, giving experienced players an incentive to help new players after their first Raid completion is actually quite a nice idea. It might help foster a more supportive culture in the game, and that would be a good thing. I'm personally not sure what the ideal solution would be for this kind of idea, but I think the idea itself is certainly worth considering.

this would be awesome for raidsellers. double the profit.

on the more serious note:i think it would be a good idea to improve rewards "helping a newbie" but on the other hand, could this just be super "abused" by static teams.a lot of people i raid with have multiple accounts, so you could basicly do a account rotation and farm the raid 24/7 (i would gladly do that btw)

@sigur.9453 said:this would be awesome for raidsellers. double the profit.

on the more serious note:i think it would be a good idea to improve rewards "helping a newbie" but on the other hand, could this just be super "abused" by static teams.a lot of people i raid with have multiple accounts, so you could basicly do a account rotation and farm the raid 24/7 (i would gladly do that btw)

As i said , After first kill you just receive Magnetic shard . We know magnetic shard is cap at 150 per week but Anet can change it , right ?

Your idea is RAW. Why didn't you think more of it? To get reward from raid you need only one random person. You'll be killing VG over9000 times, because nothing you need but loot, you'll ignore other raid bosses because you don't need them anymore. 1 week of grind and you'll have enough LI/shard etc for legendary armor/raid weapons. GW2 is already super friendly to players at high level content. There is must be something in this game that challenges you.

@IcyTear.6378 said:

As i said , After first kill you just receive Magnetic shard . We know magnetic shard is cap at 150 per week but Anet can change it , right ?

They did not increase cap after w4 release, so i doubt they would do thati guess they (as always) looking at the economics there, too much shards = too much ghostly infusions = too much profit = too much complains from non raiders

@Veprovina.4876 said:"Pro" player? As in professional player? :lol:

Seriously, don't enforce the already bad elitism surrounding raids. By putting raiders on such a high pedestal you're enforcing the notion that they are better than everyone else who doesn't raid making the already unwelcoming raids even less accessible to people who would want to raid but are getting booted out of raids for not having killed X amount of bosses or being told they suck and that they would never be accepted into groups because they play the class that's not meta.

Anet needs to get rid of the meta, that's how you fix raids. There will still be elitist players, but like they are in fractals now, way less, and only for speedruns.

Maybe not just " pro " player it's about all of us . We got a motivation to help player which couldn't find a group to kill the boss instead of " He got no exp , should kick him immediately " .

@Nilson.9865 said:Your idea is RAW. Why didn't you think more of it? To get reward from raid you need only one random person. You'll be killing VG over9000 times, because nothing you need but loot, you'll ignore other raid bosses because you don't need them anymore. 1 week of grind and you'll have enough LI/shard etc for legendary armor/raid weapons. GW2 is already super friendly to players at high level content. There is must be something in this game that challenges you.

Thank for your feedback but i pointed out that : you just received magnetic shard after first kill meaning re-play just give you shard , no Li , no exotic item .... How many shards ? i dont know , maybe 3 , 5 , 10 .... depend on Anet .

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

They did not increase cap after w4 release, so i doubt they would do thati guess they (as always) looking at the economics there, too much shards = too much ghostly infusions = too much profit = too much complains from non raiders

Does the ghostly infusion exchanged by magnetic shards can sell on TP ? Sorry i never buy any ghostly infusion before .If it can't not sell then i think we have no economic problem here . All items which bought by shards are Account bound .

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

Does the ghostly infusion exchanged by magnetic shards can sell on TP ? Sorry i never buy any ghostly infusion before .If it can't not sell then i think we have no economic problem here . All items which bought by shards are Account bound .

they can be sold yes. about 100g+ each

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

1000 Shards + 20 gold for 1 infusion , right ? Let's say you got 15-20 shards for helping a new player kill a boss . You have to find 50-67 new players . Average time to kill a boss is 7 mins, so it's 6-8 hours . It's just time to kill the boss not included waiting time so it could be 8-10 or more . Do you think 10-12 gold per hour is too much ?I think get fully reward except Li should be an option here , lol .

First off, I like the idea to encourage the player base to help each other. Sort of how people will try to resurrect downed players.

Second, it would have to be implemented way differently than described. Any type of flat extra reward would allow for insane exploitation. Not to mention, people have 2nd accounts and what not. Giving out magnetite shards or LI like candy is not necessarily a good approach.

Third, this would potentially push raid selling even further if implemented improperly. Not something we should aim for.

Finally, If you think that this would solve the problem of accessibility or lack of practice requirements on new players, think again. There already are tons of practice raids and guilds, a truly interested individual can find a way to join raids and start raiding without having to beg or be forced to play with elitists etc. already. Someone who just wants to grab the rewards without investing themselves or who wants other to do the work form them will fail again. People should honestly reflect on how much serious effort they have invested into starting to raid (and no, joining that one practice run expecting stellar results does not count).

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

1000 Shards + 20 gold for 1 infusion , right ? Let's say you got 15-20 shards for helping a new player kill a boss . You have to find 50-67 new players . Average time to kill a boss is 7 mins, so it's 6-8 hours . It's just time to kill the boss not included waiting time so it could be 8-10 or more . Do you think 10-12 gold per hour is too much ?I think get fully reward except Li should be an option here , lol .

i was just saying apperantly anet is fine with the 150shards/week cap, and they won´t increase it (maybe tuesday proofs me wrong), for whatever reasoni would´t even care, i do more raid clears/week so i would even embrace it.

But i can´t see that happening, maybe a special currency? But this would mean more work for anet, and given the amount of time invested in raids compared to other ingame/gemshop stuff...alsodon´t devalue a good post with "lol"

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

i was just saying apperantly anet is fine with the 150shards/week cap, and they won´t increase it (maybe tuesday proofs me wrong), for whatever reasoni would´t even care, i do more raid clears/week so i would even embrace it.

But i can´t see that happening, maybe a special currency? But this would mean more work for anet, and given the amount of time invested in raids compared to other ingame/gemshop stuff...alsodon´t devalue a good post with "lol"

More work - yes . A lot of work - i don't think so . It's just coding work cause it's not create new content , it's just adjust content .Gemshop stuff : shinnies and just some costume andyou need money or gold to buy it , right ? Other content : it's could be fun but look at POF maps , after finished exploring and AP .... i have no motivation to comeback .

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

@sigur.9453 said:

@IcyTear.6378 said:

More work - yes . A lot of work - i don't think so . It's just coding work cause it's not create new content , it's just adjust content .Gemshop stuff : shinnies and just some costume andyou need money or gold to buy it , right ? Other content : it's could be fun but look at POF maps , after finished exploring and AP .... i have no motivation to comeback .

well, we can agree on that :)

@Cyninja.2954 said:First off, I like the idea to encourage the player base to help each other. Sort of how people will try to resurrect downed players.

Second, it would have to be implemented way differently than described. Any type of flat extra reward would allow for insane exploitation. Not to mention, people have 2nd accounts and what not. Giving out magnetite shards or LI like candy is not necessarily a good approach.

Third, this would potentially push raid selling even further if implemented improperly. Not something we should aim for.

Finally, If you think that this would solve the problem of accessibility or lack of practice requirements on new players, think again. There already are tons of practice raids and guilds, a truly interested individual can find a way to join raids and start raiding without having to beg or be forced to play with elitists etc. already. Someone who just wants to grab the rewards without investing themselves or who wants other to do the work form them will fail again. People should honestly reflect on how much serious effort they have invested into starting to raid (and no, joining that one practice run expecting stellar results does not count).

-> First : yes-> Second : how could it's be insane exploitation ? The reward could be adjust in an acceptable number .-> Third : i disagree with you about this . If players are encouraged to help newbie , Raid seller will be eliminate cause everyone will be happy to help them .They don't have to buy raid kill from raid seller .-> Finnally : Yes , there're practice raids and guild but it's not a ton as you said and it's restricted about time ( i join a raid guild but they just help practice on Saturday for 2 hours and due to time difference raid practice start at 1 AM ) . I want raid and i will invest time on it but " Require X + Li , KP .... " ; " Sell raid for .... " is a problem to me .

If ArenaNet wanted people raiding, they'd just do it like WoW and implement an easier version of the raids that you could simply queue into and offer additional daily/weekly rewards for doing so. They could also do the achievement - do it 100 times and get a legendary-geared pug mini. There's no reason to encourage it however, since raids are essentially meant to be guild content and serve a very specific purpose.

@IcyTear.6378 said:-> Finnally : Yes , there're practice raids and guild but it's not a ton as you said and it's restricted about time ( i join a raid guild but they just help practice on Saturday for 2 hours and due to time difference raid practice start at 1 AM ) . I want raid and i will invest time on it but " Require X + Li , KP .... " ; " Sell raid for .... " is a problem to me .

"Require X + Li" is quite literally people telling others what they are looking for. Since every one gets to personally chose how and whom they want to play with, that's valuable information for people interested to join.

I disagree on the lack of guilds based on 1 simple fact: raiding guilds need a constant supply of new raiders to cover for spots that open up. Tell me, how many guilds have you actually applied to or how often have you even looked at guild recruitment for GW2? Now be honest with yourself, you haven't at all until now have you?

Archived