Change Unhindered Combatant to

Fade.5904

Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash BREAKS STUN and grants swiftness and damage reduction.Getting rid of the clunky 'exhausted' mechanic.We already have a GM trait that breaks stun (and looses a condition) in Mirage without any of the downside (exhaustion) so it can't be too slippery right?

@Fade.5904 said:Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash BREAKS STUN and grants swiftness and damage reduction.Getting rid of the clunky 'exhausted' mechanic.We already have a GM trait that breaks stun (and looses a condition) in Mirage without any of the downside (exhaustion) so it can't be too slippery right?

In the mesmer forums you see mesmer mains upset about EM being too OP, and wanting it nerfed despite mesmer being their main. In the thief forum you see the opposite. Thief mains crying for an obviously OP mechanic to be brought to their class, and then buffed.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Fade.5904 said:Your dodge ability is replaced by a long-range dash BREAKS STUN and grants swiftness and damage reduction.Getting rid of the clunky 'exhausted' mechanic.We already have a GM trait that breaks stun (and looses a condition) in Mirage without any of the downside (exhaustion) so it can't be too slippery right?

In the mesmer forums you see mesmer mains upset about EM being too OP, and wanting it nerfed despite mesmer being their main. In the thief forum you see the opposite. Thief mains crying for an obviously OP mechanic to be brought to their class, and then buffed.

There is only one person asking for it. Also, it was obviously aimed at Karl justifying UC nerf with it supposedly having no counter yada yada when things like EM exist.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

There is only one person asking for it. Also, it was obviously aimed at Karl justifying UC nerf with it supposedly having no counter yada yada when things like EM exist.

I 100% agree that the change to UC was poor, and I wish they would change it to something else. And I also want to see EM changed as well since its simply ridiculous and definitely overperforming.

I really don't understand the balance team though. Like, For one, why did it take them 2 years to figure out UC was doing too much? For another, what on earth made them think EM was anywhere near ok? For third, what the fuck was the reasoning behind nerfing UC but not touching EM at all?

@OriOri.8724 said:

I really don't understand the balance team though. Like, For one, why did it take them 2 years to figure out UC was doing too much? For another, what on earth made them think EM was anywhere near ok? For third, what the kitten was the reasoning behind nerfing UC but not touching EM at all?

I understand them... they don't use .... thinking ... or something called common sense.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

I 100% agree that the change to UC was poor, and I wish they would change it to something else. And I also want to see EM changed as well since its simply ridiculous and definitely overperforming.

I really don't understand the balance team though. Like, For one, why did it take them 2 years to figure out UC was doing too much? For another, what on earth made them think EM was anywhere near ok? For third, what the kitten was the reasoning behind nerfing UC but not touching EM at all?

It's really simple.

They were hoping everyone would fawn over DE (LOL!!) by nerfing DD, as many people joked about it (including myself). Except, they didn't get the joke or the memo.

The nerf isn't THAT bad in most comps for sPvP...but then again, thief's role is pretty hilarious if you ask me. It also hasn't changed in over 5 years.

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

Because they tried to force thief players into DE (hello sales) by nerfing DD just like they did with acro at HoT launch (too bad DE is so badly designed that even core is better). Why EM exists? Same reason - to make mirage attractive and enforce sales.

In 5 years time all classes will operate in similar fashion and there will be no reason to play any of them, because they will all be the same.

EM is just a copy of UC, with mechanical differences (break stun vs cleanse immob, etc).Jaunt acts as combination of Dash + Bound, it has 450 range, leap finisher and a damage component.Mirage also has a shadowstep with a flip skill that returns you to your original position.etc.

Necro received a gimp version of Portal.

In the next expansion thieves will dual wield shields and have Endure Pain with an Ammo Count of 3 while warriors will dual wield daggers (oh wait..)and be able to stealth every time their adrenaline bar fills up.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Sorry you missed my sarcasm Ori, i was pointing out that the balance teams reasoning for gutting UC was that it's too slippery at the same time as implementing EM making mesmers more slippery than thieves ever were. A class that has access to blinks, stealth, portals, de-targeting mechanics, in vulnerabilities and on top of that clones! get a trait like EM when UC is nerfed, the reasoning they gave is kind of insulting our intelligence. Also like others have pointed out this change took 2 years, and dropped conveniently (with many other endurance nerfs) around PoFs launch.Also don't presume i'm just a thief main, i have 30+ characters and play all classes pretty much equally.

@OriOri.8724 said:I really don't understand the balance team though. Like, For one, why did it take them 2 years to figure out UC was doing too much? For another, what on earth made them think EM was anywhere near ok? For third, what the kitten was the reasoning behind nerfing UC but not touching EM at all?

You guys are next >:)Mirage will be unable to use ambush skills if the dodge cleansed a stun.

@Platanos.8107 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:I really don't understand the balance team though. Like, For one, why did it take them 2 years to figure out UC was doing too much? For another, what on earth made them think EM was anywhere near ok? For third, what the kitten was the reasoning behind nerfing UC but not touching EM at all?

You guys are next >:)Mirage will be unable to use ambush skills if the dodge cleansed a stun.

Jokes aside, I actually really enjoy the idea of GM traits that offer true tradeoffs. Theoretically, the change to UC was a step in the right direction because it did introduce a tradeoff. If makes your dodge extremely powerful, but has a negative side (although not balanced imo, I do like the concept of a tradeoff). I wouldn't mind seeing all GM traits eventually switched to a system like this. One where they make some aspect of your build very powerful at the expense of something.

Photonic Blasting Module is perhaps the best example of this right now. Buffs holosmiths overheating pretty significantly, at the expense of taking away their passive heat loss, forcing them to overheat if they want to lose heat. Design wise, its a fantastic tradeoff, and I wish that all GM traits were updated to be similar in nature

Archived