Does anyone have a good roaming build?

Nimon.7840

Where im not oneshot by any mesmer, thief or warrior, holosmith, revenant, elementalist or dragonhunter.Or where i dont get kited by every ranger or elementalist?

I need good sustain and good defenses. Right now i tried something where i got almost 28k hp and 3k armor and im still a oneshot for every fcking mesmer.

I used to have good roaming builds, Anet decided they were too op and nerfed them out of existence. I am desperately trying to develop one using the laughable changes which were made but so far only have had mild success. When I look at other classes traits it astounds me, for example a trait were being inflicted with slow gives you superspeed lol. Right now things are lopsided against roamer necros, only thing can do keep trying and try not to get disheartened . Most times you lose its not a reflection of your skill level or your opponents, it's a matter of necros being shat upon by Anet's balance team.

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:I used to have good roaming builds, Anet decided they were too op and nerfed them out of existence. I am desperately trying to develop one using the laughable changes which were made but so far only have had mild success. When I look at other classes traits it astounds me, for example a trait were being inflicted with slow gives you superspeed lol. Right now things are lopsided against roamer necros, only thing can do keep trying and try not to get disheartened . Most times you lose its not a reflection of your skill level or your opponents, it's a matter of necros being kitten upon by Anet's balance team.

give a medal to this man!!! i have spent already over 300 golds in equipment, and there is no way to develop something working. The best result i achieved was with a power "balanced" build with 25k hp and 2.500 armor, 200% crit damage and 30% cric chance, 2,2k power. Still not enought to be considered "effective" and most of the time you die and die and die again in any scenario, but that was better than any other setup i tested out.

@Nimon.7840 said:Where im not oneshot by any mesmer, thief or warrior, holosmith, revenant, elementalist or dragonhunter.Or where i dont get kited by every ranger or elementalist?

I need good sustain and good defenses. Right now i tried something where i got almost 28k hp and 3k armor and im still a oneshot for every fcking mesmer.

Necro does not have good sustain and does not have good defenses compared to other classes.It is better to build for burst builds.If your understanding of roaming build is the same as mine (one build with minimal changes and has a fair chance against most other classes' builds, we don't really have one atm).

If you really want a tankier build, condi is probably your best bet. If you prefer condi/hybrid, Scourge is currently the best option. It has its failings though. High condi clear builds like Weaver will be hard to kill. High damage range mobile opponents like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts will be tough too.Scourge shines though if you can find a couple other Scourges to partner up. Very hard to kill that way equal numbered.

Reaper, condi got nerfed into the ground. Power is a lot glassier and given our terrible defenses and sustain, I suggest going full burst. If your opponent knows how to negate your shroud burst though, you're dead. If not, you will have a fair chance of winning. Reaper requires heavy customization now to fit the right skills and traits when fighting different classes to help boost the chances of winning (still low), and heavily changing builds while roaming goes against my self-perceived spirit of roaming random encounters. Having said that, you are still likely to enjoy moderate success on a Power Reaper because most of the other roamers are not that skilled.

Core Necro. I feel that Core Power Necro is currently our best solo roaming option...it was never really bad, just has major problems fighting warriors.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@"DaVid Darksoul.4985" said:I used to have good roaming builds, Anet decided they were too op and nerfed them out of existence. I am desperately trying to develop one using the laughable changes which were made but so far only have had mild success. When I look at other classes traits it astounds me, for example a trait were being inflicted with slow gives you superspeed lol. Right now things are lopsided against roamer necros, only thing can do keep trying and try not to get disheartened . Most times you lose its not a reflection of your skill level or your opponents, it's a matter of necros being kitten upon by Anet's balance team.

give a medal to this man!!! i have spent already over 300 golds in equipment, and there is no way to develop something working. The best result i achieved was with a power "balanced" build with 25k hp and 2.500 armor, 200% crit damage and 30% cric chance, 2,2k power. Still not enought to be considered "effective" and most of the time you die and die and die again in any scenario, but that was better than any other setup i tested out.

very true.

im running a power build with berserk gear and ~3p valk, weapons are knights. but its not that relevant. just make sure go get some extra vit and toughness in ur build.after the reaper LF degen nerf i am playing around with signets. and it works decetnly well. using all signets but sig of spite (the condi one). i switch weapons how i feel but always running with axe since this is our best power option to pressure kitersTraits:Spite bottom-top-top (last one is the reworked signet buff)Deasth magic mid-bottom-bottom (i used to use soul reaping but i start liking the last trait on DM xD)Reaper mid-bottom-topif u use sigs (if needed) before u go reaper they will mostly reset after u come out of reaperim not gonna lie, necro is kinda weak right now in 1v1. however i think i have a 50% winrate in 1v1 situations

on a side note: even with full dire or trailblazer as a condi necro u get ~3 shotted someitmes... some skills are absurd in the game right now. my advice is spec into dmg... to much vit and toughness wont help u either to win more fights.

(i also run and tried full cele and traiblazer so i have litterally played everthing u can do on a necro)

same here, i tested so far, full trailblazer, full celestial, a mix of the two as condi, post nerf you do no damage so it is pointless and a rev can still hit you by 11k / hit even if you run 3.100 armor. So to play it condi is pointless.

As power build i tested mix of knight/cavalier so very high armor but low hp, and that do not work, tested soldier+ berserker and this is what i got the best rusult possible, still not enought to be considered decent.

Last try i have to do are soldier armor + marauder trinkets + zerk weapons, and valk armor + marauder trinkets. Will keep you updated about but reading above i am not really positive.

I made this Build for a friend of mine. It's definitly not the best or most optimal build but it's definitly fun to play and fun to have as an ally. You Crit a lot and do lot's of damage while also beeing pretty damn tanky. Mobility is an issue though but I don't see how we can do anything for mobility on necro and besides the Stunbreak + stab on entering Shroud we have some serious issues with CC.Of course it's a power build without huge spikes but in a group fight it can deal quite a good amount of damage while staying in the center of the fight, mesmer and thief can be killed but only if you somehow manage to catch them, which is hard. If you're running in a small group then this build is definitly fun :)Oh and you can switch staff for Axe/Warhorn and change the staff related traits if you dislike staff but we've found that in bigger fights Staff is just way too strong to give up but when you're just roaming with a few friends and dodging bigger fights anyway then axe/warhorn is a valid choice :)

@ilmau.9781 said:same here, i tested so far, full trailblazer, full celestial, a mix of the two as condi, post nerf you do no damage so it is pointless and a rev can still hit you by 11k / hit even if you run 3.100 armor. So to play it condi is pointless.

As power build i tested mix of knight/cavalier so very high armor but low hp, and that do not work, tested soldier+ berserker and this is what i got the best rusult possible, still not enought to be considered decent.

Last try i have to do are soldier armor + marauder trinkets + zerk weapons, and valk armor + marauder trinkets. Will keep you updated about but reading above i am not really positive.

also tested full soliders and then went down with other power based stat sets to bring them in and slowly increase my dmg.. but didnt work out for me.. full soldiers feels like u hit like a wet noodle.. but maybe u have other results, gl! personally i was most disappointed how low dmg full cele looked.. esp after the condi nerfs e.g. deathly chills its definatly in meh-territory

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Where im not oneshot by any mesmer, thief or warrior, holosmith, revenant, elementalist or dragonhunter.Or where i dont get kited by every ranger or elementalist?

Necro does not have good sustain and does not have good defenses compared to other classes.It is better to build for burst builds.If your understanding of roaming build is the same as mine (one build with minimal changes and has a fair chance against most other classes' builds, we don't really have one atm).

If you really want a tankier build, condi is probably your best bet. If you prefer condi/hybrid, Scourge is currently the best option. It has its failings though. High condi clear builds like Weaver will be hard to kill. High damage range mobile opponents like Deadeyes and Soulbeasts will be tough too.Scourge shines though if you can find a couple other Scourges to partner up. Very hard to kill that way equal numbered.

Reaper, condi got nerfed into the ground. Power is a lot glassier and given our terrible defenses and sustain, I suggest going full burst. If your opponent knows how to negate your shroud burst though, you're dead. If not, you will have a fair chance of winning. Reaper requires heavy customization now to fit the right skills and traits when fighting different classes to help boost the chances of winning (still low), and heavily changing builds while roaming goes against my self-perceived spirit of roaming random encounters. Having said that, you are still likely to enjoy moderate success on a Power Reaper because most of the other roamers are not that skilled.

Core Necro. I feel that Core Power Necro is currently our best solo roaming option...it was never really bad, just has major problems fighting warriors.

Even as a full trailblaizer scourge i get oneshotted by mesmers. Seems legit

And im okay with going for dmg. But if everybody can ineshot you, even if you are in shroud, then all the dmg you have is for nothing

The problem is. Even if i know, a mesmer or thief is nearby, i cant do anything. Scourge for solo roaming is bullshit.Reaper as well. Same with corenecro. But in addition has very slow attacks.

If you run some full defensive shit, u will still get killed pretty easyly and u dont do dmg.But with full offens you dont even get to deal any dmg.

I'd really like to see a necro rework. But i guess thats not comin. Before the patch, power reaper was a okayish option for solo roaming. Now necro has to play scourge and walk with the zerg or hes useless.

Pretty damn annoying

@Nimon.7840 said:The problem is. Even if i know, a mesmer or thief is nearby, i cant do anything. Scourge for solo roaming is kitten.Reaper as well. Same with corenecro. But in addition has very slow attacks.

If you run some full defensive kitten, u will still get killed pretty easyly and u dont do dmg.But with full offens you dont even get to deal any dmg.

I'd really like to see a necro rework. But i guess thats not comin. Before the patch, power reaper was a okayish option for solo roaming. Now necro has to play scourge and walk with the zerg or hes useless.

Pretty kitten annoying

good good same pov of mine.

i also want to throw in another thought. while i agree with you that necro 1v1 is week and is slow etc.. there is more to solo roaming then just 1v1. if u want to hunt other players go thief warri and ranger... but the one thing where necro is superior to all other 8 classes is camp clearing speed... i know i sound like a pve scrub now xD but the way how i play roaming necro is i go for camp flips dollys sentreis etc.. try to scneak north camps when i see that enemies garri is not t3 and i will only fight when enemies engage on me... even more so u due to your poor mobility as a necro u have no other choice to play reactivly instead of activly... u cant chose when to fight and when not.. all the other 8 classes u can face can.

Archived