The evidence shows WvW is balanced around 'PVE'

cpchow.7416

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/91039-updated-dps-rankings-april-2014/http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/87158-dps-guardian-build-calculator-spreadsheet/

They were dps list of core gw2 before 2015 (Without HOT and POF)We can see that the DPS were between 10k-20k.

Lets check the dps list now,https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4v76gq/qt_updated_guides_and_dps_benchmarks_for_all/The average dps is about 32k around all class.It is crazy that our dps are doubled but the vitality, toughness and survival skill are remain the same. It make healing power meaningless in WvW now. Who would run vitality, toughness and healing power if you could one push your enemies. How can i heal myself with my old school water field in down status against 45k dps elementalist, 22k dps stealth deadeye 1500 range kill shot, 20k revenant hammer 2 with 5s cooldown and other cancer condi build.WvW now is all about cast all buff , stealth and who can press the buttom first.It is glass cannon age now, the fight ends in a few second. Bunker build is dead.

Conclusion, the game is balanced around 'PVE raid boss'. They dont give a X about PVP and WvW.Everyone will be happy when the next expansion come out and our dps increase to 50k average.It is because the new PVE raid boss will have higher HP , i will be thankful that i can run my deadeye with perma steath, perma evade and 50k dps (unbreakable) (2s CD) in the future. Thanks anet. WvW is too easy. I am looking forward to one push the smc lord.

@cpchow.7416 said:http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/91039-updated-dps-rankings-april-2014/http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/87158-dps-guardian-build-calculator-spreadsheet/

They were dps list of core gw2 before 2015 (Without HOT and POF)We can see that the DPS were between 10k-20k.

Lets check the dps list now,https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4v76gq/qt_updated_guides_and_dps_benchmarks_for_all/The average dps is about 32k around all class.It is crazy that our dps are doubled but the vitality, toughness and survival skill are remain the same. It make healing power meaningless in WvW now. Who would run vitality, toughness and healing power if you could one push your enemies. How can i heal myself with my old school water field in down status against 45k dps elementalist, 22k dps stealth deadeye 1500 range kill shot, 20k revenant hammer 2 with 5s cooldown and other cancer condi build.WvW now is all about cast all buff , stealth and who can press the buttom first.It is glass cannon age now, the fight ends in a few second. Bunker build is dead.

Conclusion, the game is balanced around 'PVE raid boss'. They dont give a X about PVP and WvW.Everyone will be happy when the next expansion come out and our dps increase to 50k average.It is because the new PVE raid boss will have higher HP , i will be thankful that i can run my deadeye with perma steath, perma evade and 50k dps (unbreakable) (2s CD) in the future. Thanks anet. WvW is too easy. I am looking forward to one push the smc lord.

goog findinggood research

in before Anet closes/deletes the next thread complaining about the messed up balancing in none pve content

can´t agree more its just not enjoyable anymore and the funny thing is even a anet dev 1 or 2 years ago said something about that they dont like one shot stuff because they want the game to be fun and now we have so much more one shot / two shot cancer cheese stuff out there its just ...

That’s what we’ve been saying for a long time, and the team has given indications on it.

I want a good rvr and pvp experience, been providing feedback since forever on professions and combat stuff, but it looks like I’ll have to move on when something else launches... I’ll keep gw2 as my pve go-to game. Gw2 had potential to have the best class and combat designs, but the opportunity was wasted. Sad.

Edit- hence this recent thread I made...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/8080/forbes-interview-and-my-thoughts-on-competitive-gameplay-development

I completely agree about power creep. It's been complained about for years. Nothing has been done. If anything, it's gotten worse.

But your premise about WvW being balanced around pve is preposterous. Some skills have been altered for WvW/PvP only, but generally, I'd say there is no WvW balance. I present scourge and spellbreaker as evidence that is completely contrary to your premise. They were designed for pvp/wvw. Their central theme is removing/corrupting boons. That isn't necessary and useless in pve with very rare exceptions. Are they good? Are they working? Are they balanced as well as WvW in general? For WvW, my opinion is no, but that's up for debate.

It also sounds like you're a solo roamer, and that is not the main focus of WvW. WvW is about team fights/capturing objectives.

Interesting analysis. I'd just like to add that, beyond individual stats, there also are some small group synergies that are probably intended for bosses that hit like a nuclear bombe while being tanky as skritt... And those synergies are an absolute blast in WvW against 15k to 35k HP enemies.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Scourge and spellbreaker have spammable aoe boon removal, it wouldn't surprise me if the new raid bosses spam boons that need to be removed every couple seconds.

Slightly off-topic but probably true given all the boons trash mobs from PoF are spamming !

Nothing new. What other game increases damage of players by 3-4x times, but not the health to compensate? even pve.Instead Anet drops in resistance and boon sharing which they then nerf and try to overkill with corruption, and calls it a day.Not like it matters, they're ok with one shot skills and combos into the game now too.Like we've all been saying all this time, this team is clueless about balance.

Back in the old days, warrior can run soliders status for more survive, guard run nomad status for support and necro run berserk for damage. It is better balanced because you choose be tanky or glass cannon. Both of them works in WvW. Nowadays, no one would use solider and nomad gear because it is useless. It is all about viper, berserk, dire and trailblazer.

@xDudisx.5914 said:Scourge and spellbreaker have spammable aoe boon removal, it wouldn't surprise me if the new raid bosses spam boons that need to be removed every couple seconds.

spellbreaker have spammable aoe boon removal, ehm okey, show me how to spam, with Video pls :)

@"cpchow.7416"u are right it is too much DMG for 10-25k HPbut maybe Anet will fix it soon :relaxed:

This was from Reset today.. in 2015 u cant make this with your zerk, but now its possible to make over 1 Million Dmg.https://imgur.com/edkBwr6

Sorry anet for saying so but you had a game who were a true jewel and turned it into a pile of trash, i still can not understand how you succeed in such epic failure.

Also the one and only lucky anet have is that there is no other RvR viable options around, but be sure the first ones who comes out you ll have only empty maps left here.

Change the way you act and start giving attention to the playerbase, we are paying customers after all.

@ilmau.9781 said:Sorry anet for saying so but you had a game who were a true jewel and turned it into a pile of trash, i still can not understand how you succeed in such epic failure.

Also the one and only lucky anet have is that there is no other RvR viable options around, but be sure the first ones who comes out you ll have only empty maps left here.

Change the way you act and start giving attention to the playerbase, we are paying customers after all.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Peasant%27s_Solution

@PassionWhisky.3457 said:

spellbreaker have spammable aoe boon removal, ehm okey, show me how to spam, with Video pls :)

@"cpchow.7416"u are right it is too much DMG for 10-25k HPbut maybe Anet will fix it soon :relaxed:

This was from Reset today.. in 2015 u cant make this with your zerk, but now its possible to make over 1 Million Dmg.

The bubble alone will give you 10s of boon removal every 0.5s. Dagger main hand, full counter, more removal from traits and utility, etc.

@ilmau.9781 said:[snip]Also the one and only lucky anet have is that there is no other RvR viable options around, but be sure the first ones who comes out you ll have only empty maps left here.[snip]

Wait what, lol? GW2 has the only viable RvR option around? I don't know if or not I should even laugh, from the innocent of this post. GW2 has the least viable RvR option around.

More so when you compare to other MMOs and dedicated RvR titles. I have been warned by mods, to not talk about other games on these forums.

I mean GW2 does have the only F2P, skill-less, grind-less, casual RvR option around. If you'd said it like that, I'd be able to agree with you. But since I've been MMOing for over 15, 16 years. I simply can't because I am not ignorant in the ways of RvR.

No offense, but you sound like a person. Who has never really experienced RvR, outside of GW2. Thus your view is very very limited.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@cpchow.7416 said:

20k revenant hammer 2 with 5s cooldown and other cancer condi build.

Rev hammer 2 nets you 8k+ crits, is easily capable of hitting 5 people, is not a projectile, has a 4s cooldown and doesn't root while casting? BETTER NERF TRUESHOT AGAIN!

Just join the backline hammer rev party. I did and I'm having a ball. As the old saying goes "if you can't beat em, join em."

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@cpchow.7416 said:

20k revenant hammer 2 with 5s cooldown and other cancer condi build.

Rev hammer 2 nets you 8k+ crits, is easily capable of hitting 5 people, is not a projectile, has a 4s cooldown and doesn't root while casting? BETTER NERF TRUESHOT AGAIN!

KITTEN THOSE OP DHs WITH THEIR OVERPOWERED 2K CRIT SKILLS

Archived