Tue Patch 11-28-2017

trueanimus.4085

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That would be them admitting they were wrong, when was the last time they ever admitted they were wrong? Knowing them, they will remove it altogether and make the life force used only for Reaper attacks while hits in shroud will drain your health (like Scourge) along with this, they will hugely nerf Reaper to worse than it was before lol

I doubt they will touch on Reaper but if your main is Scourge I wouldn't expect it to be a good patch.

With all the complaining in the pvp and wvw sections of the forum and anet's knee jerk reaction to nerfing anything deemed op into oblivion, its going to be a painful one for Scourge.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong come Tuesday.....but been around this block long enough to know that hammer is going to come down really hard on Scourge and more than likely sooner rather than later.

If it is the same group in charge I expect nothing at all as far as making it right because they have targeted our shroud duration for the past 4 months! There is zero understanding of the value of shroud in PvE and that's because they don't play it regularly and haven't come across the uses of shroud defense or the 2nd health bar!

@Obtena.7952 said:If there is a 'reversion', it won't be a rollback. It will likely be an adjustment of some numbers. The concept of Reaper is an improvement; what is left is minor adjustments.

i really wanted to write something like this:

"OK GUYS LISTEN, obtena here said it is an improvement soooo we are all scrubs who do not know how to use our main class, we look foward to see some of vids of you that teach us how to play the reaper, that would be great. Thank you to giving us such amazing feedback i am about to take a screen and make it as my desktop to remember your words as best as often as possible.... "

well, but i am quite a polite guy so i will just say what i really think, do you realize you are one in one million considering it an improvement?

almost the totality of the main necro players consider it a total destruction of the class to the point it is unplayable...

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:If there is a 'reversion', it won't be a rollback. It will likely be an adjustment of some numbers. The concept of Reaper is an improvement; what is left is minor adjustments.

"OK GUYS LISTEN, obtena here said it is an improvement soooo we are all scrubs who do not know how to use our main class, we look foward to see some of vids of you that teach us how to play the reaper, that would be great. Thank you to giving us such amazing feedback i am about to take a screen and make it as my desktop to remember your words as best as often as possible.... "

well, but i am quite a polite guy so i will just say what i really think, do you realize you are one in one million considering it an improvement?

almost the totality of the main necro players consider it a total destruction of the class to the point it is unplayable...

That's not saying alot considering what the Necro population was before PoF, chill shout reapers.

A good choice could be to increase the life force gained by traits like Chilling Victory and Blighter's Boon to have a clear way to:

• do increased DPS or
  • be tankier. Pick one.

More damage is always welcome but what we really need is to bring some required group utility (PvE) and have more mobility/survivability tools (PvP/WvW).. and a CD and casting time reduction for Summon Flash Wurm could be a start.

@ilmau.9781 said:

No, I'm not one in a million .. you have no idea how many people like or dislike this change. Again, you're inventing things and have a level of sensationalism that fools no one. Anet had a goal to change reaper and they did what they said they wanted to do. You need to bring yourself around the way Anet thinks if you want to make a difference here.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

No, I'm not one in a million .. you have no idea how many people like or dislike this change. Again, you're inventing things and have a level of sensationalism that fools no one. Anet had a goal to change reaper and they did what they said they wanted to do. You need to bring yourself around the way Anet thinks if you want to make a difference here.

ahhaha so they changed something working into something not working, that is a nice change, like a pro /bow ;)

now let's adapt, or better let's chance class, since that one does not work anymore

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

ahhaha so they changed something working into something not working, that is a nice change, like a pro /bow ;)

now let's adapt, or better let's chance class, since that one does not work anymore

Well there is another 8 classes to play. Nothing wrong with that.

@Justine.6351 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

you can play whatever you want bro, i play this game for the necro and to be more specific for the reaper. And for the Reaper only.

So i still want to know what is the logic behind turning something working into a pile of trash!?!?!?! i can understand a nerf but as i said more than once, Reaper has been removed from the game :p

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

you can play whatever you want bro, i play this game for the necro and to be more specific for the reaper. And for the Reaper only.

So i still want to know what is the logic behind turning something working into a pile of trash!?!?!?! i can understand a nerf but as i said more than once, Reaper has been removed from the game :p

If you are such a reaper fan, you tell us what and how you can contribute. It's easy to say "it's garbage" and stomp your feet.

@Justine.6351 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

If you are such a reaper fan, you tell us what and how you can contribute. It's easy to say "it's garbage" and stomp your feet.

I'm pretty sure people have been saying "Because of the nerf to Reaper Shroud uptime, Reaper is garbage in PvP/WvW and still not great in PvE. Please return Shroud decay to what it was before the patch."

Seems pretty clear and constructive to me.

@vicious.5683 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Doubtful. ANet never actually reverts changes.

That's actually not true. Anet reverted a nerf some patches ago about LF degen. But it needed hundred of post on Reddit and here, the official forums, complaining about the issue. This time we got a buff alongside the nerf, so people are not that angry.It is true, really. That wasn't a reversion that they did (though this is one of the rare cases where an actual reversion would have overall hurt the game), rather changing other things to almost make up for the nerf.

@mulzi.8273 said:don't think they will release a patch mid pvp season.. Anet always seems to make changes out side the pvp season so as not to disturbed those folks for some reason.

humm i hope not tbh, it is been a week already i do not play i really hope the next patch at last revert the shroud decay.

but just out of curiosity, when does the season end ?

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

No, I'm not one in a million .. you have no idea how many people like or dislike this change. Again, you're inventing things and have a level of sensationalism that fools no one. Anet had a goal to change reaper and they did what they said they wanted to do.
You need to bring yourself around the way Anet thinks
if you want to make a difference here.

i need a way to look into someones head ... because someone that never communicates with me - well its hard to tell what those people intend to do really.it is simply the worst communication i've ever experienced in an online game (actually is the worst communication in general).and i am sure "if" somebody would talk to us, it would be so vague that "no communication" would be the same outcome (just watch any q&a videos with anet).

but to the OP: i wouldnt expect any changes on tuesday at all. we've had the "big balance patch" three weeks ago.if we get an update, it will be bug-fixes like skill-descriptions.at this point i am so pessimistic

p.s. the power reaper dmg increase was okay, the change to rending shroud aswell (in fact a really good change !! love it). but still not enough changes for PvE with dps-checks (ever since anet allowed dps meters the checks got a lot worse although the performance of necros compared to 2013 increased) and pvp without survivability-optionsthe shroud decay + less whirl finisher + bleeds on chill reduced in wvw was maybe too much (i understand that the bleed on chills got nerfed, it was a LONG requested thing BEFORE PoF. with Pof released this was... well i dont understand it, since the spam with that expansion got kitten boosted on anything. and an "old" build that got SUPER rarely used now anyway, due to all the new spam? nerf in smaller steps maybe? dunno)

@mulzi.8273 said:don't think they will release a patch mid pvp season.. Anet always seems to make changes out side the pvp season so as not to disturbed those folks for some reason.

I have no idea if they will or not, but they did release an entire expac with new classes in the middle of last season. So they have zero grounds for that excuse ever again.

@Aetatis.5418 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

No, I'm not one in a million .. you have no idea how many people like or dislike this change. Again, you're inventing things and have a level of sensationalism that fools no one. Anet had a goal to change reaper and they did what they said they wanted to do.
You need to bring yourself around the way Anet thinks
if you want to make a difference here.

i need a way to look into someones head ... because someone that never communicates with me - well its hard to tell what those people intend to do really.it is simply the worst communication i've ever experienced in an online game (actually is the worst communication in general).and i am sure "if" somebody would talk to us, it would be so vague that "no communication" would be the same outcome (just watch any q&a videos with anet).

but to the OP: i wouldnt expect any changes on tuesday at all. we've had the "big balance patch" three weeks ago.if we get an update, it will be bug-fixes like skill-descriptions.at this point i am so pessimistic

p.s. the power reaper dmg increase was okay, the change to rending shroud aswell (in fact a really good change !! love it). but still not enough changes for PvE with dps-checks (ever since anet allowed dps meters the checks got a lot worse although the performance of necros compared to 2013 increased) and pvp without survivability-optionsthe shroud decay + less whirl finisher + bleeds on chill reduced in wvw was maybe too much (i understand that the bleed on chills got nerfed, it was a LONG requested thing BEFORE PoF. with Pof released this was... well i dont understand it, since the spam with that expansion got kitten boosted on anything. and an "old" build that got SUPER rarely used now anyway, due to all the new spam? nerf in smaller steps maybe? dunno)

another medal here please!!! i quote every single word.

@ilmau.9781 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:

@ilmau.9781 said:

Something not working in this case seems to depend on who is playing, not what the change was. Again, Anet raised the level of competence needed to succeed with Reaper. That's not an indication it doesn't work, it's an indication that lesser skilled players will have to up their game to play Reaper or change to something else.

Archived