[Video] Celestial Soulbeast WvW Build Showcase

DarkFlopy.8197

hey ppl,

so i was curious about trying out soulbeast as celestial since after all being a soulbeast allows you to become either condi or power and even both,therefore i went and created me a celestial soulbeast build where i can be power and/or condi on demand and need in the fights,i was surprised how well it worked for PVE too (im doing fractals)

any who have fun ppl!you are welcome to share opinions

If you are satisfied about this build, then use it and have fun. In my opinion after I watched this video, most of the enemies are very bad fighters. I tried celestial and condi build, and none looks (for me at least) better than Power Build+Marauder. Also atm dagger is useless in W3. And without LB and Sword/Warhorn or Greatsword ... your mobility is almost zero. I don't know what kind of players PotatoVeg met in this roaming clip, but seems he didn't moved more than few steps ... or in real fights in W3 vs good players, you can't afford to be static, not for a Soulbeast at least. In PVE it's something else, your build could work, but in W3, I don't think so.

I have fought against you (same skin same combos If I remember correctly) about 3-4 weeks ago (and we were vs piken square)

you cleansed the first 3 stacks of fire I put on you.

Then you couldn't cleanse the really big 14 stack that killed you.

But yeah, all the other idiots died to your combos really easily.

@Zantal.4798 said:I have fought against you (same skin same combos If I remember correctly) about 3-4 weeks ago (and we were vs piken square)

you cleansed the first 3 stacks of fire I put on you.

Then you couldn't cleanse the really big 14 stack that killed you.

But yeah, all the other idiots died to your combos really easily.

i guess you didnt fight this build because i only started using it around 14th November,also i never said this is the best build ever exists, i never claimed that im a top player and no one is matching to me,also this is not a montage clearly ppl still have this weird fetish for thinking everything is competition i clearly stated at the start of the videothat this is not showing any skill or competition its meant to show what i made and what you can do with it,if i wanted to show how cool and awesome my ego is i would go and make a 20min video with random dubstep music with 5min intro of my char walking in slow-mo.but thanks for the feedback anyway.

@Colly.4073 said:Agreed with Dragonzhunter!

Not to disrespect you or the build but a lot of the fighters in that clip where garbage

i agree, look at the comment above, i dont see a need to write it over and over.also take in consideration that its really hard to find good ppl roaming nowadays, you mostly find those zergers that are there just to do achievements orjust ppl that still learning the game/class.

Nice vid (love how you say the vid this just for fun and people still whine) ya I've been trying myself to think of a hybrid build since soul beast screams hybrid. (Putting a daze on sthe skill 2 of dagger would make it so much better)

Another great thing about this is you could swap to druid and still have a solid build for any situation.

Food for thought section

Unfortunately I see a spellbreaker totally dismantlling this build, since it's alot harder to kite and big hits tend to do better against warriors, and you only have 2 stunbreaks. (Which as I'm sure you know warriors will chain cc the hell out of those)

maybe leadership will probably be a better fit, for the boon duration and you only loose like 100 in power pre, and hp and 1k of health.

Also wonder with boon duration, maybe vulture stance would be fun to play around with, hell if you went with the mid adept trait for beastmaster and too wk knowledge instead, you could gain cleanses and might be able to mightstack like a champ making up for the loss of dps improvement with poison master. (Hell since you use axe too might stacking might be really nice and easy)

Also ever though about wyverns? Extra cc (I feel like you could use some more cc) and you can either go fire or electric, hell with electric you can leap through with dagger 3 for a daze. Or extra fire feild for fire shield, hell mh axe always loves feilds.

Just some thoughts I'm really dying to try to find some way to make dagger "work"

I watched the video and this is my thoughts:On the good: I like that you're experimenting and trying to come up with ideas.On the bad: The build does very little if any condi damage, 1-2 stacks of burning damage, some bleeds - most of the benefit from axe/torch is the chill + weakness. Also you're running celestial, but making little to no use of the healing stat, very little use of the condi, and it lacks some of the basic things that makes celestial work; might stacking for one - vulnerability on the other (most of it is coming from axe 5). You would do much better going full power.

In terms of the video - Most of the opponents were fought 1v1, and a couple I believe were 1v2. All of them were.... hmm, very bad. The build is lacking any sort of mobility and disengage abilities - which for a roaming build should be almost priority.

@Strider.7849 said:you're running celestial, but making little to no use of the healing stat

No use? The only thing that would have gotten him more use out of the healing stat in this build while still sticking to soulbeast would've been some clever use of the healiing spring and to run a pet that offers healing skills in beastmode. He got high uptime on protection, Rugged Growth scales well with healing power. He also runs Natural Healing in beastmastery, affecting him in Beastmode, aswell as having a high uptime of regen. His heal skill heals additionally for clearing conditions, also scaled by healing power.

Healing power isn't even a problem with this build. The problem with this build outside the lack of mobility is the same problem every other ranger celestial build has unless you go full yolo: it either lacks in power or condition damage, and as a result of that usually both.

Hi PotatoVeg,

Great video and cool build direction , you have some good ideas in there.I have some suggestions(and things to test):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAnf4XnE8Cl8iN8Ce8Cs8ilCBLv6+dHvPJgoVAoJeNsual8g3A-jFSEQBBSJ4AeAA8R/AAOCA4Y/hLp+TWU+dwTCApAiYZF-w

This setup will give you much more might which is the core-bone of celec builds and also higher crit chance and much more fury up-time to support your 230% crit-damage.

Also the Owl and RG as pets will give you some mobility options, Owl beastmode + moa stance+pack =100% swiftness uptime in and out of combat, also owl will give you you supportive and SR which wroks great with your high healing power. After the leap will get fixed, it will be even better. RG is for the extra mobility, in and out of combat options(not a must)Both pets scale very good with beastmastery and give good dmg on demand(F2).

If you need more survivability, take guard over vulture(both will give might).

I made some changes to sigils and food utility as well.

With this setup while fully buffed(not hard to maintain buffs up-time) and in offensive beast mode, you are a monster - 3k power, 76% crit chance(with fury), 1,700 condi dmg, 230% crit dmg. Your defense capabilities are also better with more healing options and oakheart slave will cover for the SoS passive lose(and extra regen time)- taste of danger doesn't worth it(being at 23k hp or 24k hp, doesnt matter, 10% condi duration also doing nothing for you).

@LughLongArm.5460 said:Hi PotatoVeg,

Great video and cool build direction , you have some good ideas in there.I have some suggestions(and things to test):http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRAnf4XnE8Cl8iN8Ce8Cs8ilCBLv6+dHvPJgoVAoJeNsual8g3A-jFSEQBBSJ4AeAA8R/AAOCA4Y/hLp+TWU+dwTCApAiYZF-w

This setup will give you much more might which is the core-bone of celec builds and also higher crit chance and much more fury up-time to support your 230% crit-damage.

Also the Owl and RG as pets will give you some mobility options, Owl beastmode + moa stance+pack =100% swiftness uptime in and out of combat, also owl will give you you supportive and SR which wroks great with your high healing power. After the leap will get fixed, it will be even better. RG is for the extra mobility, in and out of combat options(not a must)Both pets scale very good with beastmastery and give good dmg on demand(F2).

With this setup while fully buffed(not hard to maintain buffs up-time) and in offensive beast mode, you are a monster - 3k power, 76% crit chance(with fury), 1,700 condi dmg, 230% crit dmg. Your defense capabilities are also better with more healing options and oakheart slave will cover for the SoS passive lose(and extra regen time)- taste of danger doesn't worth it(being at 23k hp or 24k hp, doesnt matter, 10% condi duration also doing nothing for you).

I'd stick with Second Skin and Unstopable Union, and I'd definetely keep Smokescale instead of the Gazelle. The only trait change I agree with is Oakheart Salve.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@LughLongArm.5460 said:Hi PotatoVeg,

Great video and cool build direction , you have some good ideas in there.I have some suggestions(and things to test):

I'd stick with Second Skin and Unstopable Union, and I'd definetely keep Smokescale instead of the Gazelle. The only trait change I agree with is Oakheart Salve.

Why?

Archived