Increase Stamina bar and nerf Vit + Tough in wvw

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

It's not fair that when you play full zerk that you can only hit someone who is wearing full vit + tough for a small fraction of the amount of dps you output. I don't get it If someone dumps all of there stats into damage, why should a player be able to mitigate 4/5ths of the damage but still be able to hit and kill you in a couple of hits. I usually do 4-5k damage with auto attack against a full zerker person, why against someone who is in full vit + tough i only do about 800-1k damage and they still have power stat to kill me way faster then I can kill them.

If someone is in full vit + tough + power, and another is in full power + prec + fero, they should both kill each other at the same exact time. This would be balanced but instead the person who stacks vit + tough will win in an auto attack battle every time. Vit + tough is used a crutch to supplement skill, and it makes for very boring tanky meta builds that shouldn't exist.

My suggestion is to nerf the effectiveness of vit + tough by about 20-50% but add in an extra dodge roll for everyone. This would make it so that damage mitigation is based on skill rather then just being a damage sponge and stacking stat combos that are grossly overpowered.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:If someone is in full vit + tough + power, and another is in full power + prec + fero, they should both kill each other at the same exact time. This would be balanced but instead the person who stacks vit + tough will win in an auto attack battle every time.

Zerk vs Soldier 1 v1, as zerk you should win easily unless you are terrible... serious L2P issue...

You didn't factor in builds, utilities and player skill. I would argue a good build is more important than stats. A Holosmith doesn't want to be in a full defensive set up, and will fall to a scrapper if so. But if that Holosmith is in full marauder they have a good chance to beat a scrapper. Take a druid built so sutain, their aim is to sit out your damage and drag your health down.

As for utilities. If Spellbreaker didn't have stances and immunities they would seriously be a walk over. Nearly everyone takes anti condition damage skills now also.

Its not as clear cut as one stats better than another.

You're probably talking about complex interactions between the concept of armor classes, stats themselves and essentially the irrelevance of such divisions, and the effect of the class balance through mechanics .... Because you have tanky heavy armor classes that can deal tons of damage and 3 shot you despite investment into defensive stats and plus original base stats... or light armor class like a necro who is tanky and still has huge condition burst... or glass cannons who have insane evade and stealth upkeep therefore are very difficult to kill or just run away even if you are playing well.... there are classes who invest in defensive stats but can still be burst down super fast...a lot of the classes right now don't seem to sacrifice much to get something. If going for tanky, they ought to be sacrificing a lot of damage. If going for damage they should be pretty glassy and not too difficult to kill. Objectively we have balance issues. Now personally, I don't really have complaints because I've been learning how classes work and know how to deal with most of them.. how some counter others... i know when I made a mistake as well.... For example the sb warrior who needs to melee can't touch me mostly if I'm on my feet with my kiting and evading... A scourge can be kited but is terrible as +1.. Also important to accept the fact that there are classes that just might counter yours and some fights aren't meant to be won. For example I've been in fights where a sustain build won't go down and they can't get me either so we just kinda part ways and that's fine with me, sometimes running, them being unable to kill you, is a victory. We have a very complicated class balance situation

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

If someone is in full vit + tough + power, and another is in full power + prec + fero, they should both kill each other at the same exact time. This would be balanced but instead the person who stacks vit + tough will win in an auto attack battle every time.

you must put both builds on same traitsmake the test with no boons for both , than with 25 might + furry +quickness / protection for boththe berseker class will win 9/10 fights if not 10 out of 10A-NET Please buff tough and vitality

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:It's not fair that when you play full zerk that you can only hit someone who is wearing full vit + tough for a small fraction of the amount of dps you output. I don't get it If someone dumps all of there stats into damage, why should a player be able to mitigate 4/5ths of the damage but still be able to hit and kill you in a couple of hits. I usually do 4-5k damage with auto attack against a full zerker person, why against someone who is in full vit + tough i only do about 800-1k damage and they still have power stat to kill me way faster then I can kill them.

If someone is in full vit + tough + power, and another is in full power + prec + fero, they should both kill each other at the same exact time. This would be balanced but instead the person who stacks vit + tough will win in an auto attack battle every time. Vit + tough is used a crutch to supplement skill, and it makes for very boring tanky meta builds that shouldn't exist.

My suggestion is to nerf the effectiveness of vit + tough by about 20-50% but add in an extra dodge roll for everyone. This would make it so that damage mitigation is based on skill rather then just being a damage sponge and stacking stat combos that are grossly overpowered.

But can that damage mitigation based-on-skill defeat Madara Uchiha? And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Madara Uchiha. I’m talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

@borgs.6103 said:

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:It's not fair that when you play full zerk that you can only hit someone who is wearing full vit + tough for a small fraction of the amount of dps you output. I don't get it If someone dumps all of there stats into damage, why should a player be able to mitigate 4/5ths of the damage but still be able to hit and kill you in a couple of hits. I usually do 4-5k damage with auto attack against a full zerker person, why against someone who is in full vit + tough i only do about 800-1k damage and they still have power stat to kill me way faster then I can kill them.

But can that damage mitigation based-on-skill defeat Madara Uchiha? And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Madara Uchiha. I’m talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

Bravo...lol.

Edit: I have no clue to what you said but it was a good read.

@FitzChevalerie.1035 said:It's almost like you're not supposed to just auto attack, but evade his key hits. weird.

Really doubt you got the skil level required to raid if you can't win against an auto attacking soldier guard.

I meant as a test, if they auto attack each other with the same weapon/build, at the same rate with both of them not dodging, the pvt build will win everytime.

Whatever, it's lame when your skilled and the other player isn't and they can sit there like a damage sponge while you use all your cds and dodge rolls and they slowly plink away at you until you die. You can unload everything on them and they take it to the face and shrug it off like its nothing, no dodge rolling or skill required.

Archived