mirage build

White Knight.5970

Google is your friend:Metabattle -> Mediocre builds for everythingQuantify or Snowcrows -> Best Raid setups

Or you know, just open a few threads in this forum, there are more than enough builds posted.

Also:"PvE" has lots of facettes: Open World? Fractals? Raids?

What sort of PvE content are you looking to do? Casual stuff? Raids? T4 Fractals?

For the sort of casual, open world and low-level fractal stuff I tend to do, I like this:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhUQRAnf7anELDNohVoBeqBMMjlXDz//VAPgoBgcyR48GEEOOA-jxxHQBjT/AteCAZUJIAOJADU53O2fYeq/AA-e

Inspiration, Illusions, Mirage. Mirror Images + Axe 1 will give you three clones almost instantly; Axe 3 > Ambush > F1 or F2, and watch stuff die. Plus the Inspiration is good when you're fighting a lot of enemies and can basically count on getting hit; the shatters will heal you and cleanse conditions.

This is a very Shatter-heavy build designed more for casual and solo play and survivability; I doubt it would be topping any DPS charts in raids or T4 fractals, so take it for what it's worth.

Actually, the meta (qtfy mirage clone build: Chaos/Dueling/Mirage) is just about perfect for open world play as well. The damage is great and the build is quite survivable, too.

For open world I would make a few adjustments: Take Bountiful Disillusionment and Ineptitude as you'll use shatters more often in open world play. I like to take illusionary ambush instead of crystal sands, but they're both good skills that spawn a clone and give you some evasion while dealing damage. I also use nightmare runes for better condi duration in solo play. And I take staff as a compliment to axe/torch. It offers some damage from range, good mobility/escape, and you can stack might and load up on boons with it and leave a chaos storm to combo leap/whirl on. Since I take staff, I also like to take chaotic dampening. With access to two chaos storms and several instant leaps you can get some really good protection uptime.

Overall, these are pretty minor differences. Either way, the build offers strong damage and solid survivability. It will work well in any PvE environment with one exception: The short-term burst (anything less than 5 seconds) is not very good, but this is true of all condi builds.

Here's a video of my version of the build in action against Commander Razorwing in AB: Chaos - 1-3-3, Dueling - 2-1-2, Mirage - 1-3-1, Axe/Torch, Staff

Edit: Sorry! I only just now realized that I mistakenly listed the build as "chaos/dueling/illusions". That should have been Chaos/Dueling/Mirage, of course. Now corrected!

@White Knight.5970 said:

I'm mainly doing solo right but do want to get into fractals and raids, I've never done them and looking for a good start

@Wandering Mist.2973 said:As other people have said, PvE is a very wide spectrum so it's very hard to recommend any builds without knowing what you're planning on doing with it.

Ok well if you want meta builds for raiding and fractals your main options are mirage condi dps or power chrono tank. There are other builds that can work too depending on how comfortable you are moving outside the strict PvE meta.

Archived