Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED] - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• I'm having same issues. i5 @3.5ghz 1050 2gb. WvW especially unplayable. Talked to friends, most of them have same issues, like after each patch game becomes worse and worse fps wise. It's almost like anet test their game on 10k $ pc beast sitting in Queensdale, rather than trying on mid specs and trying to play wvw or any pve with big player population..
    Any other game runs smoothly, no complains, just gw2.
    Reinstalled game few days ago, I don't know what happened, but now, even moving the camera around, FPS drops to like 30 and then goes back up to 60 again..
    Anet guy in page 1 asked when did this all started - can't tell, FPS becoming worse and worse after every update

EU - Whiteside Ridge
    NA - Sanctum of Rall
    Tequila No Lemons
    [Kill] Gotta Kill Em All

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

Mine goes from 60 to 4-6 fps for a few minutes then comes back up to normal for several hours, then back down. It can be anywhere, I've even had my graphics turned all the way down & it began. It only lasts for several minutes then pops back to normal. Logging out fixes it.
    I'm thinking it may be Nvidia since gw2 updates and nvidia hate each other.
    Ive deleted my .dat file before i unpatch the recent nvidia update.

• For what it's worth - as an addendum to my original post, I've been playing for 2 full days without the same slowdowns using a clean install of Nvidia's 388.71 drivers. It appears, at least in my case, that the drivers, not the game, were at fault for the low FPS spurts I'd been experiencing. Drivers linked below:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/128421/en-us

• @genshi.5376 said:
    For what it's worth - as an addendum to my original post, I've been playing for 2 full days without the same slowdowns using a clean install of Nvidia's 388.71 drivers. It appears, at least in my case, that the drivers, not the game, were at fault for the low FPS spurts I'd been experiencing. Drivers linked below:

I thought you would save me, but it was actually my current driver x)

• I've been getting the absolutely massive slowdowns to 4-5fps which require a restart to fix (a VERY short term fix is to drop into windowed mode then back to full screen).

I'm guessing it's a GPU memory issue, but yeah, it only started happening after I updated my NVidia driver, so I'll try downloading the older version suggested here. If you don't hear from me again then that solved the issue.

• Replying to Gaile Grey,

1. When did this issue first start?
    I changed my HDD 5400 to a SSD 250Go a Crucial one, like 2 weeks ago. On my HDD i'm playing with 10-15 fps lower but constant. Here with my clean SSD i'm playin an average of 15fps more than with the HDD, BUT after 5min playing i have several drops coming from 60fps to 10 and sometimes 7.

2. Has it been consistent across time, or has it become worse lately? Or has it come and gone (been intermittent) over time ?
    I'm coming back after one year cuz better computer atm. So started playing again like 3weeks ago, and installed my SSD 1week ago so i'm getting those drops since 1week. I'm getting the issue with the new windows installed on my new SSD. New windows, new drivers, i'm working on it.

3. What is your general geographical location?
    I'm leaving in France (East).

4. On what game world are you playing?
    I'm playing on FR Jade smthg like this.

What i've tried =
    _I tried to install "drivers" for the SSD,
    _upgraded RAM from 8Go DDR3 to 16Go DDR3 (not DDR4 cuz $$$$ hehe)
    _a clean uninstall of my Nvidia drivers and i tried close allllllllllll the older versions the latest 388 / 385 / 391, still same.
    _to clean, to optimize my SSD (cuz as i tried to rollback GPU drivers didn't change, i thought was my SSD BUT on other games, i don't have any prob like this),
    _to disable some services at the start, disable background app/service,
    _to run GW2 without any other app open, not even Avast, without voice chat software (TS, Discord),

And well my windows is new and clean so... Really impossible to guess from what it comes from.
    The last thing i didn't try is to completely uninstall the game and reinstall it, that i'm going to try out tonight.

It can't be my computer, because even if it's old, i'm able to play other games not only MMO but FPS, TPS, MOBA, etc... without having any problem like this.

• I am playing on a GeForce 560 and an i7 3770k. Went from 20-50fps to 7fps after a long break from the game.
    I updated my drivers to 391.1 with no success. Decided to try an older driver, when I was actively playing, 350.12. It worked, I am back to my normal FPS.

• @Drunken Guilt.3802 said:
    I am playing on a GeForce 560 and an i7 3770k. Went from 20-50fps to 7fps after a long break from the game.
    I updated my drivers to 391.1 with no success. Decided to try an older driver, when I was actively playing, 350.12. It worked, I am back to my normal FPS.

Are you on an ssd or a hdd? I've noticed a little bit of a trend between people with SSDs and random fps drops from normal to 5-10. This is also exactly what is happening to me, I've tried like 10 nvidia drivers. Another thing I notice is that when this fps drop happens load times also drop to near hdd speeds...
    @TBH TheAsher.4820 because you were one of the people I saw in the same case as me

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@genshi.5376 said:
    For what it's worth - as an addendum to my original post, I've been playing for 2 full days without the same slowdowns using a clean install of Nvidia's 388.71 drivers. It appears, at least in my case, that the drivers, not the game, were at fault for the low FPS spurts I'd been experiencing. Drivers linked below:

Did you downgrade your driver from a previous version? I usually try to keep the latest drivers installed, but this FPS loss is hurting me. I only started a few weeks back, and world bosses are just painful, and I'm scared to try fractals or dungeons.

I'm at work so I can't provide specific specs, but I'm able to play WoW at max settings in a raid without noticeable FPS loss, and have been playing Fallout 4 at Ultra since the game launched. My rig, while older, should still be able to handle GW2 on autodetect settings...

• @nortask.8351 Yeah, i thought it's the SSD but finally i found something else = try to write on google "Windows Creator FPS drop".
    I thought it was my SSD kitten up my game but obv as i can run all my games properly so why would it be my SSD ?

I think it's more Windows the real problem. New SSD with a new Windows, updated with creator update, that's the point.
    Maybe Creator and SSD don't match or dunno, but It's not only GW, feels like a lot of people are kitten up with Creator so...

I will reinstall my Windows, entirely, and i will try to dodge the installation of Creator, but atm i can't even point the real problem or where it comes from.
    I just bought PoF + some gems and i'm just kitten up...... Impossible to play with those drops.

GL HF, stay tuned

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@genshi.5376 said:

Did you downgrade your driver from a previous version? I usually try to keep the latest drivers installed, but this FPS loss is hurting me. I only started a few weeks back, and world bosses are just painful, and I'm scared to try fractals or dungeons.

I'm at work so I can't provide specific specs, but I'm able to play WoW at max settings in a raid without noticeable FPS loss, and have been playing Fallout 4 at Ultra since the game launched. My rig, while older, should still be able to handle GW2 on autodetect settings...

For what it's worth, I upgraded to the NVidia driver 388.71 and saw no changes. Typical FPS is around 20-30 but that drops to 10-15 when a crowd gathers or in cities. I'm enjoying the game and can 'put up with it' for now, but I honestly don't know how long that will last, especially given how many jumping puzzles exist ingame =/

1. Started last week or so I think? Pretty recently. Have always had great performance before. Doesn't seem to be necessarily correlated with more intense things going on (ie I can do a gigantic world event with no fps drop and then be in personal story and have fps drop).
    2. Seems to happen randomly since it's started.
    3. Washington, DC area (ISP Verizon fios gigabit).
    4. Tarnished Coast

Same thing - no CTD's but I'll drop from ~45 to ~8 suddenly. It will go away after a few minutes usually, but is more likely to come back until I exit the game and then restart it.
    No mods, repaired the game, reverted to the 385 drivers and then re-updated back to the latest (GTX 1080 + i5 6700k) am now completely reinstalling it. We will see if the last one fixes it.
    Have not tried 388 drivers. Will also try shaders change in-game when fps drop hits and have deleted my gw2 appdata folder,
    Changing graphics settings in-game even dramatically reducing settings don't fix it but exiting and restarting always does.
    High performance mode in power settings.
    If any of the fixes fixes this for me, I WILL update this post or make a new post in this thread.

• Azrielvon.7836Azrielvon.7836 Member ✭✭✭

Over the last few days, the game has been progressively unplayable. From random disconnection to my skills just flashing and not doing anything. Several players from SG that I know seem to suffer from that as well, however, not as bad as mine.

Pingplotter shows me no packet lost from my ISP until it reaches an amazon server (sometimes 2-10% which I assume is fairly normal) but there are times where it goes up to 18-20%+.

The IP I used to trace was obtained from /ip in game (if that is the correct method).

• MrMojoRisin.7364MrMojoRisin.7364 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 4, 2018

same.

playing from west australia

• Same here. ping spikes upto 1000 and even 3000ms randomly. Other times just throws me off the game. Got dc twice from a raid today, yesterday from The First City story instance (pain the bottom), and extremely frequent disconnect in PvE. Not even able to mine a node! Last Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

There is indeed some bug in the system

• @Excelcium.2193 said:
    Same here. Playing from Singapore, ping spikes up to 1200 randomly and makes the game unplayable, please fix it!

Yeah, sometimes this guy can't carry me cause we're both lagging. Some really strange error codes pop up too, with some sending me back to the character select screen and on one occasion closing the game entirely after dismissing the error message.

• Now i know is not just me alone, been wondering was my network acting up have been dying alot due to the lag and worse when you cant even waypoint after you are dead. Its very bad very unplayable and now am playing other game till they could fix this issues. :/

• This is still continuing. Lagging so bad that I can't even way point now. Pls Anet team, for the love of 5 Gods, pls help fix this. I am at my wits end.

• Frostroses.4196Frostroses.4196 Member
    edited March 6, 2018

Also SEA player, the problem is most likely with login server. Can't even connect to subdomain http://support.guildwars2.com/ without VPN (the main domain is okay). Ingame is unresponsive, the lattency show 300ms but constantly freeze and spike to ~2900ms. Cannot use skill, and dismounting with ability 1 didn't change mount ability to skill bar.

• Alek Seven.2374Alek Seven.2374 Member ✭✭✭

Same here, NA. Happened since the Feb.6 patch and Nothing changed.

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Frostroses.4196 said:
    Can't even connect to subdomain http://support.guildwars2.com/ without VPN (the main domain is okay).

guildwars2.com (Amazon), support.guildwars2.com -> help.guildwars2.com (Zendesk) and these forums (Vanilla) are all hosted by different companies in different locations.

If you can't connect to https://help.guildwars2.com, either your DNS is outdated, or you can't connect to Zendesk (ping 192.161.156.1).

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

It seems that a lot of SEA/OCX players are having similar issues. The symptoms are very similar; we start to experience what looks like one-sided lag. We can see enemies and other players carrying out actions in real time with no slowdown, and we also have no FPS drop whatsoever. However, the game does not register any of our own actions. Usually the chat server is working fine as well, as I've been able to carry on no-lag conversations with my teammates who inform me that I'm just standing there in the middle of the previous room even though on my screen I'm right with my party in the next area trying to (unsuccessfully) use my skills on the boss. I have a friend who recently moved from Canada to Australia for studies, and she says she's been getting these issues too when she'd never experienced anything like it back in Canada. Ping-wise, we see our pings shoot up to as high as 3k or even 4k, but most often it yoyo's up and down between 500-800.

I'd like to be able to trace where exactly the fault lies so as to provide ANet with more information on how they can help fix this. Any suggestions for a good free pingtrace software I can use?

• Everyone of us spend for the DLC and only some of us having this issue, kinda unfair.
    Cmon Anet at least a reply knowing you already know about this issue still looks more like you have already acknowledge it.
    I'm not rushing on anyone.. i'm just upset not able to enjoy gw2

• CrimsonNeonite.1048CrimsonNeonite.1048 Member ✭✭
    edited March 7, 2018

WvW now drops to 21 FPS for me, when zergs clash, it might be because of the new scourge effect though.

• Shin.2019Shin.2019 Member
    edited March 8, 2018

There are alot of weird lag spikes ever since they moved the servers, I tried to play at different timings to clear dailies. But it had worsened for me the past few days. It is intermittent lag spikes and disconnections here as well. In Singapore.

• Any updates on this? Is Anet going to do something about this?

• geist.9173geist.9173 Member ✭✭✭

Having the same issue from central Europe to EU and NA servers. Ping normal is about 50 (EU) and 120 (NA) but since this week it spikes to over 300 on both continents.

There is still time to change the course of history.

Do we have any official word on what the 'recommended' specs are to run GW2 PoF? We have the min specs ( https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements ) but that doesn't help me much. I've recently tried running on LOW settings rather than AutoDetect, mainly because even outside of the main cities out in the desert in PoF, the FPS was beyond horrible. Thing is, the game looks like garbage at LOW settings.

So I need to know if it is time I upgrade my computer (that plays Fallout 4 at Ultra setting and had no trouble playing WoW Legion btw), or if that won't have any impact, it's better I just hit uninstall on GW2 and walk away before I've invested any more time into a poorly optimized game.

• AegisFLCL.7623AegisFLCL.7623 Member ✭✭
    edited March 8, 2018

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    Do we have any official word on what the 'recommended' specs are to run GW2 PoF? We have the min specs ( https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862958-Minimum-System-Requirements ) but that doesn't help me much. I've recently tried running on LOW settings rather than AutoDetect, mainly because even outside of the main cities out in the desert in PoF, the FPS was beyond horrible. Thing is, the game looks like garbage at LOW settings.

So I need to know if it is time I upgrade my computer (that plays Fallout 4 at Ultra setting and had no trouble playing WoW Legion btw), or if that won't have any impact, it's better I just hit uninstall on GW2 and walk away before I've invested any more time into a poorly optimized game.

Do yourself a favor and walk away. There have been complaints about poor optimization since year one of GW2, they don't have the time and money to invest into improving the engine with a dwindling player base.

I recently came back to try the new LS release, however disappointing it was, and I was sad to see how awful this game runs. My computer is way above what should be necessary to max this game (Vega 64 and 7800x @ 4.6), and yet I still find myself dropping into the 30s and 40s in all of the new maps. Nothing can be done save GW3 on an entirely new engine/api.

• Hi from Italy... 14 days with high spike lag... ping is instable: 50-4k-900-50-3k... Anet is it possible? No feedback, no reply... nothing!
    Is it possible?!

• Connection just became awful maybe after the patch on Tuesday or Wednesday. I can't play the game anymore.
    Crazy ping spikes (sometimes 0 and sometimes 1000~4000). Also disconnect every couple minutes.

• So... no news?

• gonso.4268gonso.4268 Member ✭✭

Another from Spain here. Ridiculous. No news from Anet

• telespallabob.7469telespallabob.7469 Member ✭✭
    edited March 11, 2018

Crazy latency in game... ping yoyos up and down between 100-3k in about 2 minutes.
    PvP is horrible to play; dg, fractals and raids are forbidden for me now by latency.
    Ip: 18.195.100.38:0
    Ip: 35.156.106.7:0
    Anet, please... I see lots of player having same issue, so why no feedback, why no news?!

https://ibb.co/gE0MTS
    https://ibb.co/j4XqNn

• mari.6394mari.6394 Member ✭✭

Same issues here too.

• mdanciulescu.5368mdanciulescu.5368 Member
    edited March 15, 2018

Hello! For a while my game FPS drops to 1 and ping 1400 (normal around 100). It happens from the start or after afk a while. During this issue, CPU load is about 50% and memory usage around 3,5k GB. Before this problem the game always worked just fine, at near max settings.

1. When did this issue first start?
    - After the Living World Season 4, Episode 2 update.

2. Has it been consistent across time, or has it become worse lately? Or has it come and gone (been intermittent) over time ?
    - It's intermittent and sometimes I need to restart the game or the computer to solve it.

3. What is your general geographical location?
    - Romania - 300MB connection

4. On what game world are you playing?
    - Ruins of Surmia

Thank you.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's been very inconsistently ping and drop of fps. Never really like this before.. hope it will stabilise soon.

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• i have the same problem since november 2017, even playing with low settings. till these days not a single fix for this.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.