Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED] - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Low FPS / Lag Issues [MERGED]

Comments

• PersoEA.1409PersoEA.1409 Member ✭✭

How long do we have to wait for the solution?

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@atheria.2837 said:
    @SgtSarcasm.1653 said:

Any help with fixing this would be appreciated, as this is really frustrating.

Anet needs to know and stop the CPU from going to 99% while the VIDEO card has NO use whatsoever.

Explain that.

How does that even happen ;-;

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• kileran.1485kileran.1485 Member ✭✭
    edited June 8, 2018

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@kileran.1485 said:
    Find "Desktop Window Manager" or "DWM.exe" in your task manager or services manager, set its CPU PRIORITY to Low, Lowest, or Idle, depending on your version of windows. Let me know!

I'm interested: what is the basis for suspecting that as a cause of lower performance?

I found this solution after looking very closely at my own task manager, and keeping some detailed logs. I found that any time i had a sudden crash in FPS (Sometimes down to a single frame every 2 seconds) the DWM.exe was taking huge amount of GPU time (Not CPU, just GPU). Once I suspected that DWM was the cause, i started keeping a closer eye on it. Not only did I see the DWM.exe <-> Low Game Framerate Correlation, but I also noticed DWM.exe sometimes occupying 35% of my GPU's 3d capability, WHEN MY PC WAS IDLE! I've got a GTX 1080. Some games don't even use 30% of my GPU, why the hell should windows use it when i'm not even at my computer?!?!!

So I started to do some research on DWM and found that people were having the same problem in several other games, sometimes even seeing 80% GPU usage when the PC was idle. Long story short, someone noticed that DWM.exe is sometimes set (seems to be hit and miss) to have a HIGH priority in windows, for seemingly no reason. Like seriously, there is NO REASON that DWM.exe should be set to anything higher than normal.

In any case, setting this to a priority lower than your game priority (Guildwars2 is Normal by default, like it should be), prevents DWM.exe from taking huge amounts of your GPU cycles.

Your mileage may vary.

@PersoEA.1409 said:

Did you try mine?

• StrifeRift.5431StrifeRift.5431 Member
    edited June 8, 2018

@atheria.2837 said:
    @SgtSarcasm.1653 said:

Anet needs to know and stop the CPU from going to 99% while the VIDEO card has NO use whatsoever.

Explain that.

It looks like you have the game minimized...so that's normal. The game is not pushing the GPU because you aren't outputting it to any monitor while it's minimized. It's just running in the background...which is why it's still using your CPU. As it should do. If you have multiple monitors, you can have the task manager up on one and the game on another and you will see the game using your GPU.

Also, games like this are typically more CPU intensive than they are GPU intensive anyway.

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@StrifeRift.5431 said:

@atheria.2837 said:
    @SgtSarcasm.1653 said:

Explain that.

It looks like you have the game minimized...so that's normal. The game is not pushing the GPU because you aren't outputting it to any monitor while it's minimized. It's just running in the background...which is why it's still using your CPU. As it should do. If you have multiple monitors, you can have the task manager up on one and the game on another and you will see the game using your GPU.

Also, games like this are typically more CPU intensive than they are GPU intensive anyway.

NO GPU is being used when I am in the game - I know how to take a screenshot while the game is 'in the background' but still working very hard IN the game
    (look at the CPU).

The game isn't using the GPU as it should.

Period.

• kileran.1485kileran.1485 Member ✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018

@atheria.2837 said:

NO GPU is being used when I am in the game - I know how to take a screenshot while the game is 'in the background' but still working very hard IN the game
    (look at the CPU).

The game isn't using the GPU as it should.

Period.

Atheria if you would like help, please take a screenshot like this, showing your GPU tab, showing that you only have one GPU, and that the game is still running.

The only possible way a GPU could be at 0% while a game was running, would be if you somehow forced the game into some kind of software rendering mode.

The more likely case is that you have an onboard GPU:0 which is idle because you're not connected to it, and a separate GPU:1 which is running the game.

Please replicated the screenshot above if you would like help.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

I have also been experiencing unplayable framerates since the windows patch and noticed my load screens both take longer and blink to the desktop. When the new windows annoyance (assistant?) popped up, I selected to disable it. But I expect there's some relationship between the issues I'm having in GW2 and this new "feature" of windows.

I hope there is some sort of fix for this. Getting below 15 FPS with settings turned all the way down is not something I intend to put up with forever.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AliamRationem.5172 said:
    I have also been experiencing unplayable framerates since the windows patch and noticed my load screens both take longer and blink to the desktop. When the new windows annoyance (assistant?) popped up, I selected to disable it. But I expect there's some relationship between the issues I'm having in GW2 and this new "feature" of windows.

I hope there is some sort of fix for this. Getting below 15 FPS with settings turned all the way down is not something I intend to put up with forever.

Update: After reading through this thread, I started looking into some of the things that were discussed. This was sort of odd, but even though neither GPU was showing any particularly high load, switching it so that GW2 runs off of my dedicated card and everything else off of the on-board chip improved my framerate. I thought I had it set up that way previously, but no idea why it would have reverted to everything running off the dedicated GPU except maybe that I updated my Nvidia drivers first thing when I started experiencing problems. It didn't seem to help, but now that I switched what runs off of what, I'm getting pretty normal FPS again. I don't get it, but there it is.

• edited June 13, 2018

...OMG >_<;;

• edited June 13, 2018

@AliamRationem.5172 said:
    since the windows patch and noticed my load screens both take longer and blink to the desktop. When the new windows annoyance (assistant?) popped up, I selected to disable it. But I expect there's some relationship between the issues I'm having in GW2 and this new "feature" of windows.

THIS

OMG

WHY MICROSOFT?!

• Since the latest Nvidia and Microsoft updates, all my problems are suddenly gone.

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

DWM.exe is the Desktop Window Manager. Try playing in exclusive full screen

First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@kileran.1485 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@kileran.1485 said:
    Find "Desktop Window Manager" or "DWM.exe" in your task manager or services manager, set its CPU PRIORITY to Low, Lowest, or Idle, depending on your version of windows. Let me know!

I'm interested: what is the basis for suspecting that as a cause of lower performance?

I found this solution after looking very closely at my own task manager, and keeping some detailed logs. I found that any time i had a sudden crash in FPS (Sometimes down to a single frame every 2 seconds) the DWM.exe was taking huge amount of GPU time (Not CPU, just GPU). Once I suspected that DWM was the cause, i started keeping a closer eye on it. Not only did I see the DWM.exe <-> Low Game Framerate Correlation, but I also noticed DWM.exe sometimes occupying 35% of my GPU's 3d capability, WHEN MY PC WAS IDLE! I've got a GTX 1080. Some games don't even use 30% of my GPU, why the hell should windows use it when i'm not even at my computer?!?!!

So I started to do some research on DWM and found that people were having the same problem in several other games, sometimes even seeing 80% GPU usage when the PC was idle. Long story short, someone noticed that DWM.exe is sometimes set (seems to be hit and miss) to have a HIGH priority in windows, for seemingly no reason. Like seriously, there is NO REASON that DWM.exe should be set to anything higher than normal.

In any case, setting this to a priority lower than your game priority (Guildwars2 is Normal by default, like it should be), prevents DWM.exe from taking huge amounts of your GPU cycles.

Your mileage may vary.

@PersoEA.1409 said:

Did you try mine?

I tried this out last night, and I saw a marginal increase in FPS, but I'll take what I can get. FWIW, by default DWM' s priority was set to 'high' on my system.

• X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

For almost two weeks now I have been getting constant lag spikes nearly every 20 seconds and seeing my ping shoot up into the thousands. WvW has been nearly impossible, my ping goes over 3k and just hangs there as soon as I get near any group or just run around the map. What the hell is going on here, it even happens when doing simple things like opening a guild window, interacting with an npc, or gathering from a node.

BG

• @kileran.1485 said:
    THIS MAY FIX OUR PROBLEMS!!!
    FOR IMMEDIATE TESTING!!!

If you are having any of the FPS issues in this thread, and you are in windows 7, 8, or 10, please attempt this fix.

FOR ADVANCED USERS:

IF YOU DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT PART, KEEP READING.

Windows 10 Instructions
    Open your task manager (ALT-CTRL-DEL works, or you can right click on your task bar)
    OPTIONAL: At the bottom of that window, you may need to click "More Details", just do it now to be sure.
    OPTIONAL: Sort by name to prevent stuff from flipping around all the time
    Find "Desktop Window Manager" and right click on it, Select "Go To Details"
    That will open a different column, "DWM.exe" should be selected. Right click it again.
    In that drop-down list, find "Set Priority" and click the lowest one in the list (Should be Low, might say Idle"
    NOT OPTIONAL! Test it, and come back and let me know!

Instructions for Windows 7 and 8 are similar, but I don't have a computer with either installed, hopefully some kind soul will put up some instructions in a reply!

Tried this, but it didn't really do any difference for me. My fps is strange. Sometimes I get 60, but when I do something that involves other ppl, it sinks to 10. I just did Tarir meta, and I literally had only 9 fps. I swear I had better fps when I had my old Nvidia 760 card. :(
    My PC specs: i5 4690k, 16gb ram, SSD, 1060 6gb.

• Perhaps this isn't the place, but I didn't want to make a whole new topic when it seems likely I should mention it here.

I was trying to come back to this game from a hiatus of a couple of years, and this game used to run smooth as silk for me since launch, but now when I load simply into the Grove, the game will freeze from 2-3 times when i simply try to walk from the BLT to the Banks, and vice-versa. Is this problem similar to what anyone else is having? Did the PoF update cause things liks this? It's certainly not going to be playable for me, at this rate...

• HeadCrowned.6834HeadCrowned.6834 Member ✭✭✭
    • Since the Windows update I get blinking and slow loading screens.
    • I get high ping spikes and huge FPS drops now and then. Tried several solutions, but didnt work.
    • I noticed that my overall FPS is much lower than it should be. Its somewhere between 30 and 50 mostly, while it should be able to handle a stable 80 easily.
  • vaper.3586vaper.3586 Member ✭✭

I already wrote something that works at least for some people, me included.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/579557/#Comment_579557

I hope it works for you guys, I did find it on Reddit.

I know this shouldn't be the solution but it's something at least.

• @vaper.3586 said:

Is this for Windows 10? I can't find this option on Windows 7! :/

• roqoco.4053roqoco.4053 Member ✭✭
    edited July 11, 2018

I suggest everyone with problems tries setting their graphics intially to "best performance" in the graphics options menu and then checking their framerate. If that works OK and gives you a decent fps (which it should), then you can enable the settings you want one at a time and see how they effect performance. Some of those options such as shadows and reflections are extremely demanding and maybe don't even work properly so should be left on low (Terrain and sky for shadows). OTOH raising others has little to no effect on framerate - just suck it and see.

It's strange, but GW2 works quite well on budget hardware, but doesn't seem to benefit as much as one might think from more powerful setups.

And there is plenty of info on optimising your PC for gaming, so google that too incase you have some issues with basic setup.

• Anthony.3207Anthony.3207 Member ✭✭

I started having random choppy gameplay with frames dropping from 60 to 4 and when i switched to best performance on the graphics tab in the guild wars 2 settings it starts at 68 and goes down to 10-12.

Theses spikes hit randomly and i don't know what causes it.

My computer : Windows 10 home
    Processor : I7-7700 @ 360Ghz
    Ram : 16 gigs
    Video card : GeForce GTX 1070 16 gigs GB RAM
    Internet connection : Wired and wireless High speed 4g with the option to go 5g beta settings

When did it start : It started when i updated the video card AND used the GeForce application on my windows 10. Like razor naga mouse... i installed the app and it took over my downloading updates and optimizing guild wars 2. I am considering uninstalling it and using the in game settings rather than the video card app settings.

Any ways if you need more questions let me know.

• vaper.3586vaper.3586 Member ✭✭

@HollowDean.5134 said:

@vaper.3586 said:

Is this for Windows 10? I can't find this option on Windows 7! :/

Yep, it's for Windows 10.

• zionophir.6845zionophir.6845 Member ✭✭
    edited July 13, 2018

trust the Autodetect feature, guys. it usually solves the fps problems since it evaluates your hardware's capabilities accordingly to go well and smoothly with the game client.

• Shura.4280Shura.4280 Member ✭✭

Autodetect only choose performance options for an empty Queensdale map. :^) Try using those settings in world boss train, WvW - potato fps.

• Tequila No Lemons
    • Whiteside Ridge
    • lol banned again
  • Shuzsie.9263Shuzsie.9263 Member ✭✭

I live in Australia and my ping usually sits at 240 but now its around 260 and higher. I have never had problem with my fps, was getting anywhere from 60 to sometimes 100 . In the last couple of weeks its now around 40 and drops right down to 14 and lower if Im doing an event with lots of people. Also I'm getting 2 to 4 second freezes all the time which Ive never had before. Graphic card is updated and clean install. Really hard to play the game at the moment and hope they fix it soon.

• i have had relative problems since forever with this computer, buuuuuuut. its a quite decent system too...
    when PoF was released there were suddenly many many deep performance issues.
    partly on my end too, i had to fix my own computer and make it better, but for all of 2018 the performance was doing mostly okay. variable framerates of 10-35fps, usually stable around 17/19-25 fps in most zones. some more crowded places it would always go lower, 9-15 fps.

i realise this isn't what i am expected to achieve with a modern system in games.
    i have amd fx 6300, amd radeon rx 560, asrock 970Extreme3 R2.0, DDR3 16GB corsair vengence, running gw2 from my samsung ssd(rapid enabled).
    minimal installs, clean system. only gw1&2 and windows are on the ssd.

but however i have noticed that fps drop happened to an unplayable level in last weeks patch,
    is there anything you can do?
    because the game is all of a sudden totally broken for me now.

if this persists into the coming months and doesn't improve, i will have to look into buying or building a new system.

• HeadCrowned.6834HeadCrowned.6834 Member ✭✭✭

@HeadCrowned.6834 said:

• Since the Windows update I get blinking and slow loading screens.
    • I get high ping spikes and huge FPS drops now and then. Tried several solutions, but didnt work.
    • I noticed that my overall FPS is much lower than it should be. Its somewhere between 30 and 50 mostly, while it should be able to handle a stable 80 easily.

I also noticed that lowering several graphical settings didnt change my performance in terms of FPS. It's like if my GPU doesnt want to work for 100% when this game is running or something.

• I have a 1080gtx with 16bg ddr4 of ram and a 2400g ryzen cpu.....still cant get above 30 frames. My potato 760m nvidia laptop gets better frames.

• 980ti / 6700k / 16gb ddr4 / game installed on SSD ...after PoF release really noticeable performance drop

• i'm also having a similar issue, with the release of long live the lich, i have been completely unable to get higher than 20 FPS in most areas, and if people are near me at all it drops to 10-12 even on the absolute minimum settings. in fact, turning all my settings to minimum has, at best, a gain of 2 FPS. with the new festival event i'm often running at 5 FPS during the treasure hunt and struggle to even get around

my system does not have an integrated video card, i have already wiped the cache, reinstalled the game, checked my PCI bus to make sure it's x16, i have attempted to roll back my video drivers with no real success, the game is just refusing to run at a remotely decent frame rate at all

i currently have windows 7, a nVidia GTX 1050 Ti, 8 gig of ram, and an AMD FX 6300 six-core processor

all of my specs were completely adequate for running the game through heart of thorns and path of fire, and only went horrid with recent updates. i'm struggling to even maintain playable FPS in an empty area now and i'm at my wit's end trying to get the game to just WORK again

• Spinex.3695Spinex.3695 Member ✭✭
    edited July 28, 2018

I am curious how you optimise a game with the possibility for so many costumes, pets and weapons? Not to forget about mounts and skins plus environments.
    What are the average drawcalls for the Labyrinthe Cliffs? Do you guys test throttle some scenes before you release them as the tech specs are definitely not the same ones that were required when the game came out

• I'm having issues with FPS dropping to about 7 FPS or so in huge groups of other players, such as during world bosses, large meta events, and HP trains. With most of my graphics settings on High and a few on Medium, my FPS is normally about a stable 45 FPS or so in normal maps with low population, and populated maps with people spread out I get about 35 FPS, which is fine for me, but the massive drop in frames to less than 10 FPS makes doing events with large numbers of people virtually impossible and borderline unplayable, I've even tried setting my graphics settings to Low for best performance, and I still only get about 10 FPS in huge squads of players.

My specs are:

AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor CPU
    16.0 GB Memory (RAM)
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 TI GPU
    2 TB HDD (924 GB Free)

Now, I know my rig isn't the absolute best or top of the line, but I feel it should be sufficient for running Guild Wars 2 at least on Low-Medium settings at the bare minimum even with 40+ players around me, yet even with my settings on Low, my game chugs down to 5-10 FPS in huge groups or during events. Is there absolutely anything I can do to make my game playable with this many players onscreen? Like I said, playing on low-population maps gets me about 45 FPS on High-Medium settings, and regularly populated maps about 35 FPS on High-Medium settings, yet even on Low settings, huge squads and crowded groups drop me down to about 10 FPS maximum, sometimes down to 4 or 5. If anyone knows if there's anything I can do, please let me know, and be honest.

• I nowadays have 16 GB of DDR3 ram at 1800 or 1866 speed,
    A FX-6300 overclocked to 4.2 or 4.4 GHz with 6 cores,
    a SSD OS hard drive with relatively fast HDDs for GW2 n other programs/games,
    a 4GB model 960 GTX.

Before this, I had a 2 GB GPU that I forget the name of,
    a 1090T 6 core overclocked to 3.6,
    and 8 gb of 1333 DDR3 ram with no SSD n a few slower HDDs.

Yet I don't feel any significant improvement to FPS in cities/world bosses compared to before (and PoF is just as bad for most zones) them.

And I'm apparently being outperformed by a 4 year old laptop, because someone in cliffs told me he was on a 4 year old laptop running a 2.4 Ghz 4 core with MAX settings at 30-40 FPS....yet with my current specs at the top, in populated areas like the Cliffs, I only get 30s-low 40s if I have everything on MINIMUM...

Call me crazy, but I feel like a jump of nearly 1 Ghz should make SOME notable improvement in FPS since core count/ram/gpu doesn't....I feel like with those specs, I should not be running bare minimum gfx just to get more than 11-17 FPS in non dead zones :V

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunetly the old AMD pre-ryzen CPUs are just awfull at single core performance, pretty much none of them could match eqvivalent Intels at the time. GW2 rely heavily on single core performance.

Btw if I dont recall incorrectly, be sure to have the integrated graphics disabled if you have that... I believe some of the AM3 chipsets had them on the mobo, unlike the Intel CPU+GPU combos.

• Dawdler is correct about relying on single core performance. If you compare scores on this list your 1090T(Thuban x6's released april 27th, 2010) scored 90 points in the single core test, your new fx6300(Piledriver, released may 10th 2012) scores 94.(stock clocks)

Around the same time as the Piledriver fx 6300 launched, the intel Ivy Bridge i5-3570k launched. And at stock the i5 was doing +130 on the same cinebench test, which is miles ahead as far as Gw2 is concerned.

These days, intels enthusiast chips(i7 8700k) are pulling 208 in single core while the Ryzen 2700x is doing a respectable 177.

Bottom line, you went from a near top of the line Thuban with 6 real cores and 6 real threads to a mid-range Piledriver with 3 cores+3 modules and 6 "Threads". Comparable to intels Hyperthreading in a way. Read more about Clustered MultiThreading here.

So, sadly, even with the core speed increase, what you ended up with is more of a side-grade.

• I mean those are all stock speeds though, and entirely ignoring my main point;
    How can an OC of nearly 1 Ghz more....give me little to no improvement in FPS?

Are you telling me the coding in the game and/or the architecture in my newer CPU is so utterly garbage, that despite nearly a 20%~ or so increase in clock speed....I'm getting NO performance improvements?!

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

@Eon of Aeon.4658 said:
    I mean those are all stock speeds though, and entirely ignoring my main point;
    How can an OC of nearly 1 Ghz more....give me little to no improvement in FPS?

Comparing clock speeds is so 2001. Clock speeds are irrelevant today as there are major differences in chip architectures which you can not ignore.

The FX CPUs have a different architecture than the old Thubans. Their Single Core Performance is just about 80% of the Thuban single core performance (confirmed by AMD btw.), which is a result of their modular design which shares certain elements between multiple cores. The FX6xxx is not a "real" Hexacore, while the 1090 is.

Simplified math:
    0,8 Performance Factor x 6 Cores x 4,4 GHz = 21,12 (Performance Indicator)
    1,0 Performance Factor x 6 Cores x 3,6 GHz = 21,6 (Performance Indicator)

21,12 vs. 21,6 - Both CPUs are pretty much equally fast.

Are you telling me the coding in the game and/or the architecture in my newer CPU is so utterly garbage, that despite nearly a 20%~ or so increase in clock speed....I'm getting NO performance improvements?!

Exactly. No Thuban Hexacore owner should upgrade to an FX6xxx. It has always been pointless.

When you buy a Ryzen 2600 (Hexacore with also a much higher single core performance than the old 1090) you should notice a big improvement even at equal clock speeds (3,6 GHz).

• Bariel.3562Bariel.3562 Member ✭✭
    edited August 9, 2018

MrFayth did answer it:

• > @MrFayth.3546 said:
      > Bottom line, you went from a near top of the line Thuban with 6 real cores and 6 real threads to a mid-range Piledriver with 3 cores+3 modules and 6 "Threads". Comparable to intels Hyperthreading in a way. Read more about Clustered MultiThreading here.
      >
      > So, sadly, even with the core speed increase, what you ended up with is more of a side-grade.
      >

There's more to performance of a PC than just clock speed, the architecture of the chip, cache and all sorts play a major part to it. Although your clock speed is ~20% higher you have fewer actual cores and although those cores are multi-threaded with parts having their own processing elements they also share some execution resources and you'll have some overhead with the CPU dealing with these "virtual" cores plus you'll be more susceptible to other programs - broswers, OS, discord, firewall, virus, background services, etc also using part of your core that Guild Wars 2 wants to.

Most likely the reason you don't see a big difference is because gaming is very maths based (floating point math more specifically) and GW2 seems to do a lot of this on the CPU, couple that with the main drawback between the two microarchitectures is that the FX-6300 shares a floating point unit (FPU) between what you think are 2 cores... there was a lawsuit filed against AMD at one point over their claims of cores regarding this but I don't remember hearing if they won or lost that case (or settled it out of court).

Also if you read extremtechs review of bulldozer - https://www.extremetech.com/computing/100583-analyzing-bulldozers-scaling-single-thread-performance/2https://www.extremetech.com/computing/100583-analyzing-bulldozers-scaling-single-thread-performance/2 you will see them say:

"One of the major questions surrounding Bulldozer has been how much of a penalty the chip’s SMT-style arrangement creates compared to a typical multi-core processor. Our results suggest that Bulldozer takes a 15-20 percent hit compared to a standard multi-core configuration. That’s actually pretty decent trade-off, particularly considering that this is the first Bulldozer-style CPU AMD has built. Unfortunately, the performance hit is significant enough to undermine AMD’s strategy of outflanking Intel by offering more CPU cores. Eight Bulldozer cores end up looking a lot like six Thuban cores, which is part of why AMD’s new chip struggles to pull away from its older cousin."

Now AMD have rectified some of that for Piledriver but it's still not the same as actually having seperate cores so whilst the 6300 is newer and will be faster in some circumstances there will also be others where it is no upgrade at all despite the higher clock speed. It's more of a side-grade as MrFayth already pointed out. Zen is a much better architecture if you're planning to stick with AMD but they are still some way behind Intel in the CPU wars.

• Just come back after a few month break and I'm barely making 25fps. The game used to be smooth as butter unless a massive group of players were attacking a boss.
    What's happened.. I've repaired my installation, deleted the cache, made sure my graphics drivers are up to date.. it's just unplayable.

• Recently I have an issue, where my fps drops from around 50 to 18-20 for a few seconds, then goes back up to 50. This repeats pretty often, like every 5-10seconds.

When I launch the game there are no issues for a good while -30min- and after that this keeps going until I restart the game. Then again for around 30min no issues and these fps drops start again.

Anyone else had this/how could I fix it?
    I tried repairing the client, but it didn't fix anything.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.