Better options than Scholars?

TwiceDead.1963

well scholar is still the best option even without the 6 rune bonus. isnt it?if you are capping crit chance, you want as much power+ferocity as possible. scholar offers both.there are only 2 more runes that offer power+ferocity -> deadeye and ogre. and ogre already loses a lot of ferocity, while deadeye has no extra-dmg.ogre vs scholar without 6 piece bonus = zero difference. ogre loses 4.x% crit-dmg and gains 4% increased dmg with the 6 piece bonus.deadeye vs scholar = almost no difference. same ferocity (crit-dmg) but deadeye offers not even the possibility to deal extra damage.

rune of the dragonhunter has more ferocity, less power and a 6 piece bonus that does nothing on ele.

so i believe scholar is BiS.i'd love to be proven wrong, as always :)the more i know, the better i can play/understand my profession.

cheers

Flame Legion. If you're doing burning damage anyways, it helps for that as well as being effectively 100% uptime on the damage mod. Scholar uptimes are lower than people tend to think if you actually look at the reported numbers for fights. Flame Legion is a solid choice.

No, there isn't any better rune than Scholar. Even as a Sword/X, you get to initiate the combat and you're on full health when you do so. Scholar gives the highest bonus damage, hence it increases your burst, which is all that matters for most of the PvE. And in the high-end PvE where you need to sustain your damage you should have a healer anyway, so maintaining the bonus shouldn't be a problem.

If you are playing weaver, and have x 2 x on the trait line - pack runes work well. 125 extra prec, 175 power, 10s of swiftness, fury and might to you and allies every 30s and extra 30% boon duration for swiftness. That trait gives you 7% dmg when you have swiftness or super speed. One can argue if you are running arcana you don’t need pack, but it’s still nice to grant fury for 10s to your allies while getting 300 extra stat boosts and perma 7% dmg increase.

@Drastic.8920 said:If you are playing weaver, and have x 2 x on the trait line - pack runes work well. 125 extra prec, 175 power, 10s of swiftness, fury and might to you and allies every 30s and extra 30% boon duration for swiftness. That trait gives you 7% dmg when you have swiftness or super speed. One can argue if you are running arcana you don’t need pack, but it’s still nice to grant fury for 10s to your allies while getting 300 extra stat boosts and perma 7% dmg increase.

I can argue you don't need Pack regardless. In a proper party your crit chance is maxed and you have fury and swiftness anyway.

@Feanor.2358 said:

I can argue you don't need Pack regardless. In a proper party your crit chance is maxed and you have fury and swiftness anyway.

In a proper party, I agree with you; other runes are better suited. Without knowing the build or comp, just providing a way for OP maintain the traited 7% dmg modifier while still contributing to the group.

• 11 months later...

Archived