They're teasing us.

Fenom.9457

In case you we wondering, Anet has full access to the old human female animations. Certain NPCs in the Crystal Desert use it, which means they are fully capable of applying it to new and existing models still. The facts that they did so but didn't give it to us is taunting us! As we've learned in this game, being taunted means we have no choice but to attack!

I've seen it aswell! I also randomly looked on the NPC banker in the Lily VIP place the other day and she used the old idle animation!

Most of the female NPCs have this idle.

Wtf :angry: !! ANet, bring it back!!I have literally no idea how that idle was somehow too sexually for these damn feminists??! :angry:

Thought the exact same thing, when giving my speech in Amnoon and suddenly...that nameless NPC in the crowd does the old human female idle strecht..I personnlly like Sylveri the most in this game, so the human femal meta doesn't bother me that much, but especially whith this thing, remembering the "oh, someone, somewhere was offended so we removed it" explanation(tbh I don't have a quote on it, neither do I remember reading an official stateent stating the above, just what I remember being the discussion back then), it struck me. Why doesn't it offend on random NPCs? And if it doesn't, doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Edit: Ok, reread the other thread about the issue and it seems another thing that seemed to bother them was that the idle could come off weird in certain , i guess more serious situations during story sequences or cutscenes ... well... the Sylvari female idle looks kinda bored and detached aall the time, Charr and Norn, wielding a pistol, will occasionally safetycheck their weapon, even pointing at various directions to show off, how serious can Belinda's death be when my Charr mesmer is throwing around her scepter, obviously not paying attention to what is happening in the scene...you get it, this can't be the reason they removed it, can it?

I don't care what excuse Anet has about not restoring these idles, whether it is because of breaking story immersion or because they realized that the stretch may clip with shoulders. Having only 1 idle animation is lame. If they don't want to bring these back they should make new ones. This should have happened long ago, especially since at some point in HoT asuras got updated animations. They didn't even need them! Can you work on the ones who lack idles instead please?

Archived