Getting error dual core 2.0 GHz processor on starting game

I just flashed my Bios X370 ASUS Motherboard to the latest revision and I am still getting the same issue. What kills me is Guild war 2 worked just fine yesterday and it does not work today so I don't think it's my system that is issue after all the troubleshooting I have done today. Quake, World of warships, Steam all work.

@Ragnarox.9601 said:thats why I am not buying amd....problems in every game, I bought i5 7500 and game flies without a problem on ultra.

What a bunch of crap. I have several systems running both AMD and Intel cpus, as well as AMD and nVidia gpus, they all work just fine. Ryzens are excellent cpu's, don't listen to the misinformed.

O'k I did a-lot of troubleshooting and watching other people's YouTube videos on my issue and I came upon a thread a 8pm at night on the issue after working all day trying various things. If you ever happen to build a new computer system with a Mid to High-end Processor you "need: need to do the following .Start-run-msconfig. In system configuration go to "boot" then advanced options. In my case to solve the issue of Guild war 2 not working I unchecked "number of processors and max memory". Once this was done and I rebooted the PC and Guild wars 2 worked. In addition all the cores on my Ryzen 7 1700x were seen by Windows 10 Professional. The game looks amazing and my system is running much better.

• 3 weeks later...

@OGDeadHead.8326 said:

@Ragnarox.9601 said:thats why I am not buying amd....problems in every game, I bought i5 7500 and game flies without a problem on ultra.

What a bunch of crap. I have several systems running both AMD and Intel cpus, as well as AMD and nVidia gpus, they all work just fine. Ryzens are excellent cpu's, don't listen to the misinformed.

Same here, my Ryzen 1700X rig works perfectly fine with GW2 and whatever else I've thrown at it. It's probably a software issue somewhere.

@"RuffRider.7329" said:O'k I did a-lot of troubleshooting and watching other people's YouTube videos on my issue and I came upon a thread a 8pm at night on the issue after working all day trying various things. If you ever happen to build a new computer system with a Mid to High-end Processor you "need: need to do the following .Start-run-msconfig. In system configuration go to "boot" then advanced options. In my case to solve the issue of Guild war 2 not working I unchecked "number of processors and max memory". Once this was done and I rebooted the PC and Guild wars 2 worked. In addition all the cores on my Ryzen 7 1700x were seen by Windows 10 Professional. The game looks amazing and my system is running much better.

Those boxes aren't normally ticked by default, and since your rig was working fine earlier, you may have some malware to deal with. You should probably run a scan with whatever you use.

Archived