[Suggestion] Daze reworked

tsuyosugiru.7634

Daze:According to the wiki ''Daze is an effect caused by some skills which interrupts and prevents the target from using skills for a period of time'' ,and according to the in-game status icon ''Daze - unable to activate skills; stacks duration''.Having read it, one might think that when a player is dazed, the player should not be able to use any skills, but the description is wrong.-When a mesmer is dazed, his shatter skills are still available to use.-When an elementalist is dazed, his attunements and aura skills and obsidian flesh are still available to use.-When a necro is dazed, his shroud skill is still available to use.-When a ranger is dazed, his stone signet is still available to use.-When a thief is dazed, his steal skill is still availa...

I can go on but there are also more instant skills that can be used that I didn't mention above, but what I am proposing is to make daze actually prevent all skill activations to truely reflect its in-game description. It will also be more reliable to use in rotations and combat strategies.

I still think Stun breakers should be locked by Daze in the game :)because they are called stun breakers and not daze breakers. Also, a daze still allows you to move around unlike a stun. If you can still use the same skills whether you are stunned or dazed, then whats the point of dazing if stunning does everything dazing does AND prevents targets from moving?

I still agree with you @Bash.7291 that stun breakers should counter hard CC, but if stuns are superior to Dazes, then that makes Dazes soft CCsjust a thought :)

ANet needs to bring/tone down the spam with the next expansions to be something to damage over time/pressure or somethign that requires a good and old well made team spike, and start adding old stuff like Hexes :\

Everything being condi or boon.... with every time ANet add new elite that elite has same of the other boons and more or the same condis... and everything..

ANet never did a good job on the game balance...it is always how developers imagine classes to be played on pve.... reason they prefered to remove trinkets from pvp instead of normalize the build so it could be playable on pve or pvp...

Seriously this game is getting worse and worse and ANet is thinking they are doing a good job on the spammable combat class design????

Meanwhile the boon stuff needs to be diferenced, why brand shouts meditations mantras if the effect is just boons???If the only diference is the skill activation, another joke(more like a backstab) on how to call game inovation...

Archived