map loading / texture delays

im 100% sure there is a answer for this but i just couldnt find it. :/ sorry guys had to re-open the subjectok first of all ;100mb net speedryzen 5 3.816 gb ramgtx 1060

is what i am using atm but im having loading map problems .. whenever i load map or change map evenif have been there before , or havent visited it for a while its just taking toooo long for me to load map / npc's / gear textures / surroundings / and MOUNTS and sometimes even everything is ok when i swap mounts i'm riding the mount "underground " with buggy animations and i have to wait until it "loads"..very frustrating... sometime s im getting hit from invisinsible npc's while im waiting for it to download. and it s varies between 20 sec to few minutes. also my map loading times are deff longer then any other ppl i watch on streams on youtube on friends etc.i changed my pc but kept harddrive .. after i installed it i re-installed gw2 into it ( not SSD )

should i transfer gw2 to SSD ? is it harddrive related problem ? i only have 57 gig's left on ssd :/

Past few weeks this has become noticeable to me and others.. I play on a decent Mushkin SSD, have always played GW2 on an SSD but never had this issue materialise until recently.Add to the fact that the maps keep insta dropping FPS down to a fixed 30FPS for no apparent reason requiring constant ALT-TAB'ing to restore FPS.. I suspect there is something being done behind the scenes that we are not being told about.

Another thing I have noticed is the increase in in GPU usage leading to more elevated temps generally.

At first I was convinced the Win10 Fall update had a lot to do with some of this especially around the FPS issues, but now I am not so sure

Yeah, the floating me, no mount issue I've had since PoF launch, but now I also am getting the really bad enviornment not loading when WPing to another map. This has never happened to me until the past month or so. I even did a defrag on my system hoping it'd help (I'm not incredibly tech savvy, but in my head I hoped it would help.. it didn't) I'm on a cable connection and tons of free space on my hard drive, so I dunno what it is. I'm an 8.1 user, so it's not a win10 thing.

@Zionka.6897 said:Yeah, the floating me, no mount issue I've had since PoF launch, but now I also am getting the really bad enviornment not loading when WPing to another map.

Try deleting the file %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. This file is your hardware-related settings and can bloat over time, causing increased load times.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely having this issue as well. I've deleted local.dat, repaired the game, defragged the disk, updated graphics cards, reduced graphical settings. Nothing works! This definitely needs to be something that gets optimized on ANet's end. I wouldn't mind longer loading times if it meant I would load in to an actually loaded map.

Archived