Annoying character VO bug.

I've been getting this bug for awhile now (about a month give or take) it is starting to get annoying lol.Every 30secs or so he says "help me please" or "I need help" or "a little help please". Normally a char does this when in downed state, but im getting it all the time even when just standing still with full health. Trigger for it is random, seems to happen more in vabbi than any where else. I don't know if its content related or maybe it does it else where i have no idea vabbi only map I've had it happen in. When he is on a mount he shuts up but soon as I hop off he starts up his QQing again.Forum searched turn up this post least im not only one.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/11623/why-does-my-sylvari-keeps-saying-i-need-assistance-every-minute

I could do as one suggested in that thread about turning off VO chatter, but I'm also like the OP in that thread I don't want to turn that off as it helps awareness of downed allies.Char class/race: Human/RevenantNow i wont swear but think i ran into this issue also with my sylvarie rangerFar as i can remember none my other classes have done this.

Give a slight update on this and little more info. After I made this thread I wanted to see what the best temp fix was, restarting client while still in domain of vabbi will not fix it (pretty surprised it didn't to be honest) only leaving the domain of vabbi map entirely and returning solves the problem atleast for a little while.. I want to state it is also not tied to the fury of the brand first time i encountered it as stated, was over month ago. I had only been on the "Domain of Vabbi" map for about 10 mins and no deaths or downed states occurred. Also was around the start of the map near the first wp you get by entering map for the first time fury of the brand is no where even close to that part of the map. (this last time i had been on map probably bout 2hrs or so) So i have no idea what triggers this bug. Seems to be completely random.If this isn't a bug anet tone it back a bit every 30 secs gets pretty darn annoying, maybe once every 10 mins would be ok lmao.

• 11 months later...

I came across this post as I was searching for the fix for the same bug. My GW2 main character just started today shouting "Assistance please!" every few minutes for no good reason... also in the Domain of Vabbi and it's driving me nuts! Nobody's attacking them and they're at full health, just standing there weapon sheathed.

I tried leaving Vabbi to the Desolation and returning... no luck.Went to Guild Hall and returned... no change.Teleported to Lion's Arch and returned... same problem.Restarted the game when in a different zone, then went back to Vabbi... same problemDeleted the cache... no change.

For now, I've activated the 'Disable Player Chatter' option, then I'll raise a ticket with ANet.

• 2 weeks later...

Darn, the bug still happening it seems? I havn't played GW2 in a bit (other than just daily stuff less than casual play) The bug is entirely random, if you read my main 2 posts Ashantara, I detail it out. It is indeed not from downing or skills its a bug, has to be. Since my last post on the subject, I had it happen once outside of vabbi, but was nothing like the vabbi incidents. It was constant in vabbi map. The only way it would quit is if you got on your mount. Now since my old posts I've played alot in core and HoT content never happens there in either content. Something tied entirely to PoF content. What i don't know is the trigger. Just random from my past experiences.Maybe one day they'll fix it I doubt it's on any priority list. They have much bigger bugs to stomp out. Least there is player sided temp fix by disabling chatter.Just remember to turn it back on for group events, if you need audio from others as a down warning. If not then not a big deal.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...