A Plea to the "Pvp Team"

Loop.8106

Can we please. Once and for all, get rid of EVERY and ALL passive traits. Everything from Utility Goggles to Hunter's Determination to Defy Pain.

I'm not saying you should remove them from the classes, but rather making them ACTIVE. Give Warriors 2 charges on Endure Pain on an ammunition system if you feel like that's something you need to do. Move the DH stunbreak onto the Purification (Trap Heal). Give Engineers double Elixir S as an ammunition system.Give eles their Final Shielding as an F5 ability if they decide to spec for it.

Just do something, because the game right now is allowing terrible players to climb to ratings they shouldn't be at. This however is not only due to passive procs, they are merely another issue that keeps PvP from becoming skillful.

I know this is never going to happen. I'm just trying to farm upvotes.

yeah this is so stupid...in normal game player should defend itself in fight but now here with those many stupid passives....ugh just game is playing defense instead of player and this player dont need to use his mind for strategically because game is doing it instead of him and he just dont looking on health etc becasue he dont need to think about this which is very stupid and unfun to play against this

@witcher.3197 said:It's sad but at this point they are necessary bandaid fixes. People melt in seconds, passive procs like defy pain and elixir s exist to artifically extend the lifespan of players.

How are they "fixes" when defy pain and elixir s procs have existed since 2012 while the current "zomg huuge deeps" meta has only existed since September?

@Ara.4569 said:Sorry but PvP team has nothing to do with balance. Yeah, I know, it's kitten-up.You should ask Karl, Robert or Irenio instead.Send them a cake with a letter and they might read it.Good luck.

@Flauvious.6195 said:Yea, I don't think there actually is a "pvp team." Balance changes are thrown together last minute by some dude who does an entirely unrelated job.

Hence the quotation marks. I'm doubting there's even a balancing team, and if there is. They might look into re-hiring considering balance is abyssmal in all three gamemodes.

No, we don't need to remove ALL passive traits. Some are fine like gaining protection when CC'ed. The ones which need removed/changed are the ones which completely negate actions against the player. The biggest offenders are traits which break stuns in response to being stunned. If we concentrate on changing those first, it's something which is reasonably doable and will provide the biggest benefit.

Similarly, offensive proc traits need to be evaluated. Proc-based CC should be removed as well. Instant damage on proc also needs a close inspection, but there's so much of it and it makes or breaks builds.

@Loop.8106 said:

Just do something, because the game right now is allowing terrible players to climb to ratings they shouldn't be at. This however is not only due to passive procs, they are merely another issue that keeps PvP from becoming skillful.

Oh ho ho ho and the thread reveals it self. Your saying plat people suck huh...Man i feel like i'm nearby the dead sea for some reason.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@witcher.3197 said:It's sad but at this point they are necessary bandaid fixes. People melt in seconds, passive procs like defy pain and elixir s exist to artifically extend the lifespan of players.

How are they "fixes" when defy pain and elixir s procs have existed since 2012 while the current "zomg huuge deeps" meta has only existed since September?

Yes and no. While some of the did exist, the issue became heightened when they did away with the 5 trait lines about 3 years ago and condensed them down to 3. Many of the traits became baseline, and others got merged into the existing traits we have today. Also, there are examples of them moving some traits together to make room for a new trait. This gave us more stuff that the OP is objecting towards.

PvP team has nearly no effect on class balance team, just fyi. Which is probably main reason why class balance in pvp is such a wreck (along with marketing strategies).

As far as passives go, sure they can remove/change them. However we also have issue of dealing too much damage. Without said passives some classes will melt. I think balance should be looked at as whole, not just one aspect.

@Cynz.9437 said:PvP team has nearly no effect on class balance team, just fyi. Which is probably main reason why class balance in pvp is such a wreck (along with marketing strategies).

As far as passives go, sure they can remove/change them. However we also have issue of dealing too much damage. Without said passives some classes will melt. I think balance should be looked at as whole, not just one aspect.

The same people who aggressively asked for this kind of dmg ...rely on passive life savers to avoid death when fully deserved, I for instance would love to see these same people be at the receiving end of such dmg..without automatic life savers when they fuck up a dodge, it'd be kind of ironic lol..

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Cynz.9437 said:PvP team has nearly no effect on class balance team, just fyi. Which is probably main reason why class balance in pvp is such a wreck (along with marketing strategies).

The same people who aggressively asked for this kind of dmg ...rely on passive life savers to avoid death when fully deserved, I for instance would love to see these same people be at the receiving end of such dmg..without automatic life savers when they kitten up a dodge, it'd be kind of ironic lol..

I have never seen anyone asking for more damage and i have been lurking on forums for years now. I have seen people asking to address condis, i have seen people asking to make dps ele viable in pvp etc. And yes, i have seen people defending absurd damage that their main classes dealt (be it because of the bug (lol rangers and their pets) or simply overtuned spells) but i haven't seen a single person straight out asking for more damage.I am sure majority of the pvp community is sick and tired of the whole powercreep that has been the thing since pre-HoT june patch.

@Cynz.9437 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

The same people who aggressively asked for this kind of dmg ...rely on passive life savers to avoid death when fully deserved, I for instance would love to see these same people be at the receiving end of such dmg..without automatic life savers when they kitten up a dodge, it'd be kind of ironic lol..

I have never seen anyone asking for more damage and i have been lurking on forums for years now. I have seen people asking to address condis, i have seen people asking to make dps ele viable in pvp etc. And yes, i have seen people defending absurd damage that their main classes dealt (be it because of the bug (lol rangers and their pets) or simply overtuned spells) but i haven't seen a single person straight out asking for more damage.I am sure majority of the pvp community is sick and tired of the whole powercreep that has been the thing since pre-HoT june patch.

You dream of dps ele to be viable in pvp.YOU DREAM OF MADNESS AND BLASPHEMY ANET WOULD NEVER STAND FOR THIS!

You need to goto the dungeon for such careless words!

No seriously if your not an auramancer ele's can't do much in pvp, i don't think its just me sucking ele's have a ludicrously low win rate

Just a few things that I know, they may have changed over the year but could very well still be the same.

PvP balance team only manage amulet and map changes. Class balance is done by a separate team that needs to look at all 3 modes.

Even with some PvP and PvE splits, they explicitly stated that the split can only cover number changes. Changing functionality means both PvE and PvP has to change. This may be posing some difficulty on removing traits. Strange as it sound, I do know several more relaxed players who use passive proc traits in PvE.

Archived