Soulbounding (Precursor)

Garuda.3610

Hi.I'm just curious, how necessary is this soul bounding? Doesn't account bound covers whatever purpose it may have?I've got a precursor weapon & I equipped it before I even knew what a precursor weapon meant. Now it's stuck on a character I wish to delete...I understand customizing weapon in GW 1, it also made a weapon unsalable & unusable by other characters, but at least it had a beneficial effect, this has a loud name "SOUL BOUND", but nothing more but a pesky feature with only negative effects...I can live with account bound, at least I could move this very rare item between my characters, but soulbound is a pain. =\

@Garuda.3610 said:Hi.I'm just curious, how necessary is this soul bounding? Doesn't account bound covers whatever purpose it may have?I've got a precursor weapon & I equipped it before I even knew what a precursor weapon meant. Now it's stuck on a character I wish to delete...I understand customizing weapon in GW 1, it also made a weapon unsalable & unusable by other characters, but at least it had a beneficial effect, this has a loud name "SOUL BOUND", but nothing more but a pesky feature with only negative effects...I can live with account bound, at least I could move this very rare item between my characters, but soulbound is a pain. =\

You can still use it in order to craft a leggie, then sell the item.

@Razor.6392 said:Only choice is to go all the way and craft the legendary version. I suggest reading the tooltip next time!

Very good luck to get a precursor drop though. Just yesterday I got black lion key from a random mob. As far as I know that's the same % drop rate!

I think Black Lion Keys are slightly more common. They're still far rarer than other drops however.

Thanks, guys, I know all that, that's why I am posting this.And as I said, reading that text back then wouldn't help, I didn't know much about the game & that pale blue didn't seem special.Making a legendary will probably take me at least 2 years, even if I dedicate all my time in game to that purpose.And I actually want to enjoy the game, not enslave myself in it.I suppose contacting CS team is worth a shot.

@Razor.6392 said:Only choice is to go all the way and craft the legendary version. I suggest reading the tooltip next time!

Very good luck to get a precursor drop though. Just yesterday I got black lion key from a random mob. As far as I know that's the same % drop rate!

0 precursor drop(note actual drop, forge doesn't count) vs more than half a dozen suggests the are not the same rate.

• 2 weeks later...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

0 precursor drop(note actual drop, forge doesn't count) vs more than half a dozen suggests the are not the same rate.

I am not sure how I've got the weapon, like I said, I realized what it was long after acquiring it, but I haven't got a single drop of the key since I play (a year). All the keys I've got were some kind of reward.On a subject of soul-bounding I didn't get an adequate answer, they just told me the difference between "soul bound" & "account bound" for some reason, and nothing on "why" soul-bounding exists in the 1st place.

Archived