Soulbounding (Precursor) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Soulbounding (Precursor)

Garuda.3610Garuda.3610 Member ✭✭
edited November 27, 2017 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Hi.
I'm just curious, how necessary is this soul bounding? Doesn't account bound covers whatever purpose it may have?
I've got a precursor weapon & I equipped it before I even knew what a precursor weapon meant. Now it's stuck on a character I wish to delete...
I understand customizing weapon in GW 1, it also made a weapon unsalable & unusable by other characters, but at least it had a beneficial effect, this has a loud name "SOUL BOUND", but nothing more but a pesky feature with only negative effects...
I can live with account bound, at least I could move this very rare item between my characters, but soulbound is a pain. =\

Comments

• You could try contacting the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below, and plead your case. They may be able to assist you. (In the future, it's best to read the item text carefully, especially those with text of a different color.)

Good luck.

• Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just be sure not to delete your character because that mess it up lol. You cant take soulbound stuff out of the bank. As above, you got customer support as an option... another option is of course to make a legendary out of it before you delete the character.

Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

• Keep your character till you turn the Pre into a legendary. Removing the soulbound cause you want to delete the character is probably not gonna happen due to you being able to sell it then. So again make the Legendary and those are account bound once equipped (gen 1)

• Shirlias.8104Shirlias.8104 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Garuda.3610 said:
    Hi.
    I'm just curious, how necessary is this soul bounding? Doesn't account bound covers whatever purpose it may have?
    I've got a precursor weapon & I equipped it before I even knew what a precursor weapon meant. Now it's stuck on a character I wish to delete...
    I understand customizing weapon in GW 1, it also made a weapon unsalable & unusable by other characters, but at least it had a beneficial effect, this has a loud name "SOUL BOUND", but nothing more but a pesky feature with only negative effects...
    I can live with account bound, at least I could move this very rare item between my characters, but soulbound is a pain. =\

You can still use it in order to craft a leggie, then sell the item.

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only choice is to go all the way and craft the legendary version. I suggest reading the tooltip next time!

Very good luck to get a precursor drop though. Just yesterday I got black lion key from a random mob. As far as I know that's the same % drop rate!

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Razor.6392 said:
    Only choice is to go all the way and craft the legendary version. I suggest reading the tooltip next time!

Very good luck to get a precursor drop though. Just yesterday I got black lion key from a random mob. As far as I know that's the same % drop rate!

I think Black Lion Keys are slightly more common. They're still far rarer than other drops however.

Danielle Aurorel - Desolation EU. Mini Collector.

"I know that I'm born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine."

• Garuda.3610Garuda.3610 Member ✭✭
    edited November 27, 2017

Thanks, guys, I know all that, that's why I am posting this.
    And as I said, reading that text back then wouldn't help, I didn't know much about the game & that pale blue didn't seem special.
    Making a legendary will probably take me at least 2 years, even if I dedicate all my time in game to that purpose.
    And I actually want to enjoy the game, not enslave myself in it.
    I suppose contacting CS team is worth a shot.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Razor.6392 said:

0 precursor drop(note actual drop, forge doesn't count) vs more than half a dozen suggests the are not the same rate.

• @Khisanth.2948 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

0 precursor drop(note actual drop, forge doesn't count) vs more than half a dozen suggests the are not the same rate.

I am not sure how I've got the weapon, like I said, I realized what it was long after acquiring it, but I haven't got a single drop of the key since I play (a year). All the keys I've got were some kind of reward.
    On a subject of soul-bounding I didn't get an adequate answer, they just told me the difference between "soul bound" & "account bound" for some reason, and nothing on "why" soul-bounding exists in the 1st place.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.