Simple solution for Aegis visuals

InsaneQR.7412

Orrrrrr they could make this very simple fix:

When a player gains aegis, the current animation plays as usual and the aegis then fades from view after 1-2 seconds.

Anet's argument that the aegis visual is present for balance reasons doesn't hold any water* and they know it. Fact is, this problem is so low on the priority list that it's never going to see fixing.

• There is no visual for stability, so when CCing a warrior that has passive stability and a skill that instantly applies stability with no animation, you have to play i-spy with their boon bar to determine if you should CC them or if your CC may be wasted. This is far more harmful for balance than an enemy having to check if aegis is up before striking.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:Orrrrrr they could make this very simple fix:

When a player gains aegis, the current animation plays as usual and the aegis then fades from view after 1-2 seconds.

Anet's argument that the aegis visual is present for balance reasons doesn't hold any water* and they know it. Fact is, this problem is so low on the priority list that it's never going to see fixing.

• There is no visual for stability, so when CCing a warrior that has passive stability and a skill that instantly applies stability with no animation, you have to play i-spy with their boon bar to determine if you should CC them or if your CC may be wasted. This is far more harmful for balance than an enemy having to check if aegis is up before striking.

Well yeah thats the full aproach were a lot of people are splitted and were Anet doesnt change stuff. But yeah thats what i would go for too.

@Kam.4092 said:Is it roleplayers that find this animation bad. I never noticed it. I also only used Shield in PvP and WvW. Either way it's barely noticeable. Could just remove it if it matters.

It's not a mutually exclusive group. Fashion Wars 2 permeates all game modes, huzzah!

Serious answer though: The aegis visual completely ruins certain shields to the point that guardians do not use them (unless they know the skin looks good on their warrior main and don't know any better when playing their guard). For example: I will never touch the ghastly grinning shield on my guard and go so far as lightly ridiculing other guards who use it ("I think that may look like a cool shield behind that MASSIVE UGLY BLUE SPOT, hmmm." or my personal favorite "That shield looks like someone's idea for a halloween costume was to just tape a massive piece of blue cardboard over their face.")

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Kam.4092 said:Is it roleplayers that find this animation bad. I never noticed it. I also only used Shield in PvP and WvW. Either way it's barely noticeable. Could just remove it if it matters.

It's not a mutually exclusive group. Fashion Wars 2 permeates all game modes, huzzah!

Serious answer though: The aegis visual completely ruins certain shields to the point that guardians do not use them (unless they know the skin looks good on their warrior main and don't know any better when playing their guard). For example: I will never touch the ghastly grinning shield on my guard and go so far as lightly ridiculing other guards who use it ("I think that may look like a cool shield behind that MASSIVE UGLY BLUE SPOT, hmmm." or my personal favorite "That shield looks like someone's idea for a halloween costume was to just tape a massive piece of blue cardboard over their face.")

Do you mainly stand in one spot doing nothing staring at your character?

You can never get a screenshot holding your shield without having it ruined by aegis. I actually made an identical warrior clone of my guardian just so I can take screenshots. That was before I discovered Aetherized Shield hides aegis, but that's a very specific aesthetic that doen't work with many themes.

@RabbitUp.8294 said:

You can never get a screenshot holding your shield without having it ruined by aegis. I actually made an identical warrior clone of my guardian just so I can take screenshots. That was before I discovered Aetherized Shield hides aegis, but that's a very specific aesthetic that doen't work with many themes.

Multiple Boons applies specific effects, could just make a toggle for them to be off or on.

@Kam.4092 said:

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

Do you mainly stand in one spot doing nothing staring at your character?

Probably a good 50% of time is spent moving from one location to another. There's also the case of other people noticing my fashion and yes, some time spent standing still, especially if screen-shots are involved.

Either way, there is no justification nor decent reasoning as to why the aegis visual shouldn't be removed, reduced or reworked /endargument.

The only excuse that exists is that this is an issue that scores very low on Anet's priority list thus they will never get around to fixing it.

Archived