Can you turn off poly glow thing?

RodOfDeath.5247

@RodOfDeath.5247 said:I'm using the poly-luminescent glow thing stone on my back piece. Is there anyway to turn off the glow? I really like my epic dyes and its kinda hard to see them with the glow but I like the celestial stone for wvw gear reasons. Thanks!https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Poly-luminescent_Undulating_Refractor_(Orange)

No. You can, instead sell it for 100-120 gold (pre-taxes). You can make your own plain AR+9/Stat+5 for about 70-90.

There's also the slightly pricier Ghostly Infusions, that have a more subtle effect.

If you just want the stats then you can buy or craft an Exquisite Charged Quartz Jewel which has exactly the same stats. (If you do this then make sure you extract the Refractor and sell it, don't just over-write it!)

If you like the glow but want to turn it off sometimes then I think the only option is to get another back piece without the refractor in it. If you're using an exotic back piece that's fairly easy - they can be crafted quite cheaply. If you're using an ascended one then it's harder because ascended back pieces only come from a few places and they can be quite expensive.

Archived