Two (and a half) Suggestions for PVP

maddoctor.2738

1. Queue with multiple characters. Ranked is going to be solo/duo queue but this means sometimes you are destined to lose a match due to what the enemy team has. Your team might have 2 bunker chronos, 2 Thieves, your team might have zero sustain while the enemy is full of Scourges, and any other combination that simply doesn't work. This would work in a way that let's you select multiple characters in the PVP window to queue with, let's say max 2 or 3 and then during the warmup period you can swap to another character fast. You can do this now too, but it's a very slow process that requires re-logging. For many players it's impossible to swap due to this.
  2. Half-time. Maybe it won't be very effective in Conquest, but I a half-time break would be nice in a match. The score will say the same of course, but at 5 minutes the two teams will switch sides. This would give the opportunity to repeat that first mid battle that is so important, and allows the teams to play on both sides on unsymmetrical maps. I know there is no clear advantage on choosing sides.
  3. Combine both. This will allow teams to change their composition at half-time, to get more of what they were missing and allow a comeback. Of course the winning team can also change to adapt. Since you can't see which elite spec everyone is bringing players can "hide" their role in some way. Alternatively, if both systems are combined then allow swap only at half-time, while also hiding professions so the two teams do not know what the other team will change until the match starts. This is so not to give an advantage on the team that swaps builds second.

Thoughts?

Half time would make matches longer than they are already. I don't think that is really good idea tbh.Queuing with multiple characters sounds nice but would probably require a lot of reprogramming. Doubt they would invest into it. I mean we can't even save out builds which wow for example has for many years now.

What i would love to see:

• rank gain/loss should be based on avg team rank of both teams and not as it is currently (your personal mmr vs enemy team avg mmr) which leads to wonky point gain/loss due to bad MM.
  • the rank gain/loss should consider how well the match went. E.g. if it is was a close match (say 450-500), you shouldn't lose as many points. This would motivate players to play till the end instead of giving up and afking at spawn after first fight.

i would also like to see point lose gain based on the outcome team and personal. but it could end also in some weird manipulation

what if you can only gain from winning and not losing point. for each win you gain gold.

ppl will still fight. the more they win the more they fast travel the tiers. if they win with more margin they gain more points. even if its easy to manipulate eventually they will gain high tier and will fight better teams ending is losing every match. so they gain the badge but nothing more.

i hardly play ranked these days and on the placement i had 7 fights with 1-2 afk. which puts me on 7 losses. one game i swear it was a bot but couldnt make sure.

my main problem is when i could fight with high tier ppl i manage to do well and gain points as ppl rotate and listen and knew what to do. we had comms. we had tactics. and even if we lost we had fun. even when i did mistakes they told me and i could learn from it.now i cant. i have to carry, ppl not listening.now i cant go full team Q. even with dua Q we had 2v4 and my team fought off point running after a warrior 3v1 so we lost. i dont want to lose points to those games.

funny how unranked become my favorite spot.

@Cynz.9437 said:

What i would love to see:

• rank gain/loss should be based on avg team rank of both teams and not as it is currently (your personal mmr vs enemy team avg mmr) which leads to wonky point gain/loss due to bad MM.
  • the rank gain/loss should consider how well the match went. E.g. if it is was a close match (say 450-500), you shouldn't lose as many points. This would motivate players to play till the end instead of giving up and afking at spawn after first fight.

Amen.

Archived