Huge FPS drops since last hot fix/patch

rwolf.9571

I've been getting huge dps drop since the last update. I can usually go on for about a half hour to and hour before it creeps its head out. Normally 60+ fps dropping down into the single digits. Pretty much unplayable, and a death sentence in spvp for me.

I've tried updating my graphics drivers, clearing out the local app folder, turning off anything that would interfere with the gw2 client.

Running gw2 on a i7 4790k, 32gb system ram, and a gtx 1070.
When the fps drops gw2 is only using 20-30% cpu load, 2-4gb of system memory and GPU usage 70-90%. All other background apps are less 5% cpu and system ram in use around 8gb in total.

I also tried turning down my native 1080p resolution down to 720p while in the middle of a fps drop, and still continued on for another minute. So I don't think it has to do anything with system load in particular?

@Predator.1398 said:

@rwolf.9571 said:I've tried updating my graphics driversAre you seeing these FPS drops on latest
driver as well?

Running gw2 on a i7 4790k, 32gb system ram, and a gtx 1070What Windows version are you using? If it's Windows 10, what branch (RS1, RS2, RS3)?

Yeah updated to 388.31 using the clean install option, Didn't solve it

Win7, fully up to date.

At first I thought it might of been Shadow Play, But I disabled it. FPS drops still pop up. Don't have much background processes. I might start pointing the finger to chrome. As I leave it running twitch on my 2nd monitor.

• 1 month later...

Did u manage to find a fix yet? I started getting crazy drops last 2/3 weeks, from 60 to single digits too. I tried 3 versions of drivers and they didn't do jack. I think they were 388.71, 388.31 and the one before it when I tried rolling back.

I'm playing on a 3 year old laptop with i7 4700, GTX 860m and 8gb ram. I used to run it with low/medium settings at 1080p and get 40-60fps. Now I can't even get stable fps with lowest settings at 720p.

I tried playing other games like Overwatch, Paladins and Heroes of the Storm and they work fine with medium/high settings.

@Haadi.9764 said:Did u manage to find a fix yet? I started getting crazy drops last 2/3 weeks, from 60 to single digits too. I tried 3 versions of drivers and they didn't do jack. I think they were 388.71, 388.31 and the one before it when I tried rolling back.

I'm playing on a 3 year old laptop with i7 4700, GTX 860m and 8gb ram. I used to run it with low/medium settings at 1080p and get 40-60fps. Now I can't even get stable fps with lowest settings at 720p.

I tried playing other games like Overwatch, Paladins and Heroes of the Storm and they work fine with medium/high settings.

Nope. Although things seem to be better as of recent. Probably occurs 2-3 times a week now, instead of daily. Hard to pin down an issue when you can't replicate it :P

Archived