Which is the easiest and cheapest way to get an Ascended Sceptre?

My Scourge got her Torch and Staff. She just needs her Sceptre (and armour... and accessories... and trinkets.... and backpack....) to be set for now.Just not sure which is the best way to go about it.I don't care at all on what the stats would be as I' willing to just change the stats on it through the Mystic Forge if I have to, as I've done that with the Staff already.

Caladbolg uses consumes slightly fewer materials (as measured in gold) than crafting, but requires completing HoT story.

Crafting is the obvious choice

PvP/Fractal crafting is easier for HoT stats (e.g. Viper's), because it requires the same mats for all stats, whereas crafting requires HoT mats for HoT stats.

You'll eventually get get ascended weapon drops from Tier 4 fractals. That's easiest & cheapest for many, but not necessarily you.

You can also use magentite earned from raids to buy ascended gear, too. Easier for raiders

If you WvW a lot, you can earn ascended via WvW currencies & rewards. Easier for WvWarriors.

@Halan.8951 said:Caladbolg You can have up to 5 of them, one per character that completed HoT storyline. Either change an existing one with Unbound Magic, or do the quest one more time.

Guess that's the easiest and cheapest in a way. Just for a personal sense I have to wait until I buy Living World Season 2 as I would like to see the story before HoT before I get into HoT.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

• Caladbolg uses consumes slightly fewer materials (as measured in gold) than crafting, but requires completing HoT story.
  • Crafting is the obvious choice
  • PvP/Fractal crafting is easier for HoT stats (e.g. Viper's), because it requires the same mats for all stats, whereas crafting requires HoT mats for HoT stats.
  • You'll eventually get get ascended weapon drops from Tier 4 fractals. That's easiest & cheapest for many, but not necessarily you.
  • You can also use magentite earned from raids to buy ascended gear, too. Easier for raiders
  • If you WvW a lot, you can earn ascended via WvW currencies & rewards. Easier for WvWarriors.

I thought simply completing it from what the wiki said would award it each time on a character though.

Oh as for crafting... I made some pistols once which costed over 100 gold each which took a major hit on my wallet and then the griffon and such so my gold is in the 1XX ballpark.

Though, it seems my only choices is the Caladbolg and Crafting as I have nothing under PvP and Fractals I'm just at Tier 2 and don't have enough agony to take on tier 2 and tier 3 doesn't seem to be in the near or distant future for a long while. Same can say for raids...

The easiest and cheapest way would probably to do the Elite Spec collection if there is one for it. If not, then well... you can try grinding Raids for it (Good luck). You can craft it yourself, which ascended weapons surprisingly aren't expensive compared to the f*cking medium Armor. The materials for weapons are easy to stockpile, vs the leather for armor. Or you can build tokens and purchase it from the fractals ( I think).

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Halan.8951 said:
You can have up to 5 of them, one per character that completed HoT storyline. Either change an existing one with Unbound Magic, or do the quest one more time.

Guess that's the easiest and cheapest in a way. Just for a personal sense I have to wait until I buy Living World Season 2 as I would like to see the story before HoT before I get into HoT.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:
  • Caladbolg uses consumes slightly fewer materials (as measured in gold) than crafting, but requires completing HoT story.
  • Crafting is the obvious choice
  • PvP/Fractal crafting is easier for HoT stats (e.g. Viper's), because it requires the same mats for all stats, whereas crafting requires HoT mats for HoT stats.
  • You'll eventually get get ascended weapon drops from Tier 4 fractals. That's easiest & cheapest for many, but not necessarily you.
  • You can also use magentite earned from raids to buy ascended gear, too. Easier for raiders
  • If you WvW a lot, you can earn ascended via WvW currencies & rewards. Easier for WvWarriors.

I thought simply completing it from what the wiki said would award it each time on a character though.The wiki said what would be awarded? The

Oh as for crafting... I made some pistols once which costed over 100 gold each which took a major hit on my wallet and then the griffon and such so my gold is in the 1XX ballpark.Scepters aren't anywhere near 100g today. There are several sites that can calculate this for you including
:
  • Caladbolg scepter: 43g
  • Zojja's (zerker) wand: 51g
  • Pahua (trailblazer) wand: 71g
  • alternative to Pahua: start with Grizzlemouth (48g), combine with 5 ecto (1.5g) + a trailblazer exotic inscription (23g) (same price, but doesn't require HoT mats)

About six months ago, Caladbolg scepter would have cost more than Zojja's, because wood prices were much, much higher prior to PoF.

Though, it seems my only choices is the Caladbolg and Crafting as I have nothing under PvP and Fractals I'm just at Tier 2 and don't have enough agony to take on tier 2 and tier 3 doesn't seem to be in the near or distant future for a long while. Same can say for raids...

Ah ok. PvP & WvW ascended option still requires Grandmaster Marks, which require 500 rank in the relevant weapon craft. The main advantage over regular crafting is the type of mats. All items end up costing the same, rather than depending on the stats. Artificer marks plus the gold end up at about 45g today.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:I didn't see it mentioned so far: The first Caladbolg-weapon is free. The materials to craft your first one will be awarded by achievements. Since you can only do achievements one time you will need to buy/gather the materials if you wish to build a second one.

Is one of the options a scepter?

I know you can do Sword, Shield, Greatsword, I can't remember what the last option is.

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:

@"Crystal Black.8190" said:I didn't see it mentioned so far: The first Caladbolg-weapon is free. The materials to craft your first one will be awarded by achievements. Since you can only do achievements one time you will need to buy/gather the materials if you wish to build a second one.

Is one of the options a scepter?

I know you can do Sword, Shield, Greatsword, I can't remember what the last option is.

You can do a dagger, a scepter, a sword, a shield, and a greatsword. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Caladbolg_weapons

Archived