Moment i reach Plat

zoopop.5630

Games become ONE sided flops and my Ratting Per Lose is higher then it ever was (nearly 20) to win HALF of that?

I think im all set with trying to take rank this season all serious with all these mix matches going on, seem like AT is better with a group of 5s you can actually work with.

Here’s how ranked PvP in seasons works: the higher your rank gets, the more competitive you become. The more competitive you become, the more you dread and focus on losses. The more you think about losing, the less you focus on just playing well and learning ways to get better.
Just chill and have fun with PvP. Focus on how well you’re playing instead of the outcome of the game. You’ll play better this way.
And you may not hit legendary, but that’s kinda how it goes. We’re not all pros and people can only win games when someone else loses one.

The trouble is that the pool of competitors at higher ranks tends to be small enough that you may not be playing against people of your own rank depending on when you're doing PvP. As such, you may be getting put in ranks with Gold or even Silver players, and thus if your team losses the system determines that you "deserve" a big rating loss, even if there's only so much you can do as a solo player. It's an awful system, I agree, but the alternative is basically sitting in queue for goodness knows how long waiting for a team that may never form because there just isn't enough Platinum/Legendary players around for you to play with.

Heck, I think in NA right now there's only like 5 Legendary players? That's not even enough for them to field 2 teams.

Yeah this season my most well balanced matches were my placements by far. Actually had almost all solid matches that could have gone either way. Placed in Plat 2 and almost every game since then has been a landslide one way or the other. Also surprising is I have only played about 15 games since placing and I have already seen 2 different bots in Plat, both scourges.

Made it up to 1550 after about 40 matches, with ~65% win rate. Lost the last 12 matches in a row, tanking my score down to 1350. Not just losing, but losing 100 to 500, where the odds were impossible with my team acting brain dead. Not sure what's going on. Not sure if I care about my score anymore now that my participation and effort to get team play going are falling flat.

Archived