Week 3 Profession stats

Hooglese.4860

No new additions, only played a few games this week. There aren't a lot of new stats, sorry. It will basically be the same as last weeks stats. No new stream data, there are too few streams of sPvP right now, and if you're wondering why, lets dive into the stats.

General infoStats are taken from ~gold 1 to legend 2. Only one game in each, but the average game is lower platinum. Only 82 games played, if you're a kind soul, I will take any data available. Preferred method at bottom.

AssumptionsPlayers are running the meta build for the spec they are playing. Not 100% accurate, but it's more accurate than not.

ElementalistElementalist is doing horribly and no one's playing it. It's currently rocking least played and least successful profession with 5.7% played and a 36% (37) win rate.

• Core - 0.85% seen (7 total). 28% win rate, average of 410 points per game. 2.4% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Tempest - 1.3% seen (11 total). 27% win rate, average of 340 points per game. 3.7% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Weaver - 3.5% seen (29 total). 41% win rate, average of 400 points per game. 14% chance it is in a winning team.

EngineerEngineer is rare, but successful, well holosmith is. 6.9% played and a 56% win rate.

• Core - NA
  • Scrapper - 0.1% seen (1 total). 0% win rate, average of 240 points per game. 0% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Holosmith - 6.8% seen (56 total). 57% win rate, average of 419 points per game. 39% chance it is in a winning team.

GuardianGuardian is very common, but only firebrand has a good success rate. 17.6% played and a 47% win rate.

• Core - 3% seen (25 total). 32% win rate, average of 355 points per game. 9.8% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Dragonhunter - 6.8% seen (56 total). 43% win rate, average of 376 points per game. 29% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Firebrand - 6.9% seen (63 total). 57% win rate, average of 429 points per game. 39% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Double guardian has a 25% chance to show up and a 43% win rate. (This is for comparison with necro)

MesmerDoing weirdly. Becoming more popular, which might explain the stats. Current hypothesis is people facerolling it without knowing how to mesmer. 10.5% of playerbase and 49% win rate.

• Core - NA
  • Chronomancer - 1.7% seen (14 total). 50% win rate, average of 379 points per game. 8.5% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Mirage - 8.8% seen (72 total). 48.6% win rate, average of 403 points per game. 43% chance it is in a winning team.

NecroI assume this is what everyone wants to see. Well, this won't be shocking. Necro is the most played profession at 20%, so you will likely have one necro on your team every game, and it's win rate is 53%.

• Core - 0.5% of players (4 seen) - 25% win rate, average of 137.2 points per game. 1.3% chance it is in a winning team
  • Reaper - 1.25% seen (10 total). 30% win rate, average of 419 points per game. 3.7% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Scourge - 18% seen (148 total). 55.5% win rate, average of 417 points per game. 87.5% of winning teams have at least one Scourge. Double scourge has a 75% win chance and shows up on at least one side, 30% of the time. (Currently there are 82 winning scourges and 82 games. Good balance anet!)

RangerFairly popular, doing fine. Druid seems to be the players choice, and more successful. 13% played, 51% win rate.

• Core - NA
  • Druid - 10.9% seen (90 total). 52% win rate, average of 414 points per game. 57% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Soulbeast - 2.1% seen (17 total). 48.6% win rate, average of 413 points per game. 9.8% chance it is in a winning team.

RevenantNot popular, doing well. Only Herald. 6% played, 57% win rate. Shoutout to my fellow revs, killing it.

• Core - NA
  • Herald - 5.7% seen (47 total). 57% win rate, average of 414 points per game. 57% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Renegade - I played 2 games: won one, lost one.

ThiefTheif's doing worse this week but probably cause of scourge/mirages uptick, getting less popular. 10.8% played, 48% win rate.

• Core - 0.25% of players (2 seen) no wins
  • Daredevil - 9.5% seen (78total). 49% win rate, average of 396 points per game. 46% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Deadeye - 1% seen (8 total). 50% win rate, average of 403 points per game. 5% chance it is in a winning team.

WarriorSpellbreaker or bust. 9.8% seen, 51.25% win rate.

• Core - I saw one! Didn't win. Scored 450pts (not bad)
  • Berserker - 0.4% seen (3 total). 33% win rate, average of 360 points per game. 1.3% chance it is in a winning team.
  • Spellbreaker - 9.25% seen (148 total). 53% win rate, average of 404 points per game. 49% chance it is in a winning team.

So, yeah... Scourge is broken, ele is suffering.

Please send me dataSend me data, please? I need to know rank, spec, team comps for both teams, on each team. Use what ever system you want, but I like spreadsheets. Screenshots of end games will do, as long as you specify specs, well guard/ele is most important since they'res' have a pretty even spread... others not so much and it's pretty fair to assume. I can't do much with my insufficient data.

@Hooglese.4860 said:

@Flauvious.6195 said:You can post these every day, people are still going to mental gymnastics there way to saying scourge isnt op.

I havent met these people, luckily. Idc, either way, I enjoy doing this. Nice to know what's going on. Like that ele is in the pits, real bad.

Thanks for posting them, I enjoy reading them. Ele definatley seems weak. I don't play them, but from playing against them they seem as squishy as a thief, but without the ridiculous burst damage and mobility. Also ele has to press a lot of buttons, where as thief only has to spam unload. More difficult classes to play should be rewarded better imo.

@psyt.9415 said:So every class has at least one viable elite spec but Scourge is Op and Elementalist needs buffed.Pretty much what I expected. Surprised Anet hasn't dealt with the two outliers yet.

I'm not surprised. It's anet. What I am surprised by is that so many people are playing off meta guardian, despite the loss rate, and it's admirable because mediguard is way more fun than bunker firebrand, even if it is doing well. Almost like people would rather have fun than play bunker.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:How the hell is there more Weaver's than Tempests?

I guess people would rather play FB if they want to play support since Tempest is simply outclassed. Only reason I play Weaver is because it's fun but I don't think my teammates care about my personal enjoyment. Only played 2 ranked games this week and went 1-1 (Plat) and in both games I had people flaming me for playing Weaver. I just played unranked lol.

Elementalist is average in any role (it has always been marketed as jack of all trades). Only time it saw massive playtime was Celestial Era where it was OP as it was above average in everything and HoT where it was the go-to support. Right now, it won't beat a Thief, Holo, or Mesmer as a +1/roamer, can't 2v1 as good as a Druid or Spellbreaker in a side node, and can't beat Firebrand in terms of support. Unless they get a role that they can exclusively hog to themselves like they did in HoT (Support) or get massive buffs wherein they can be in the top tier in a specific role, I doubt it will see any improvements in playtime.

How to buff ele though? That's the real question.

They certainly need no more damage in any scepter power build.

Sword build is slow, but it can do good damage. It's survivability is above average as well.

No one uses dagger anymore, what could you even give to it?

Staff... well, no amount of buffs will do anything as long as it remains in its current state.

What does ele need? more tankiness? more condi removal? more sticking to targets? In my opinion the only buffs ele needs right now is nerfing the overperforming specs. Maybe a couple QoL cooldown adjustments on stuff like Cleansing Fire and Lightning Flash? Weaver could perhaps see higher barrier amounts and 0.5 seconds less in att. swap, but that's it.

@Razor.6392 said:How to buff ele though? That's the real question.

Sword build is slow, but it can do good damage. It's survivability is above average as well.

Staff... well, no amount of buffs will do anything as long as it remains in its current state.

What does ele need? more tankiness? more condi removal? more sticking to targets? In my opinion the only buffs ele needs right now is nerfing the overperforming specs. Maybe a couple QoL cooldown adjustments on stuff like Cleansing Fire and Lightning Flash? Weaver could perhaps see higher barrier amounts and 0.5 seconds less in att. swap, but that's it.

Ele needs a complete rework but Anet will never do that. This rework would involve changing traits from being attunement focused to being focused on a area (i.e. instead of the fire traitline you would have the rage traitline that would buff power/condi damage across attunements, rather than buffing virtually solely fire attunement). Yeah ele gets a lot of skills but can only enhance two attunements + elite which greatly cuts effectiveness in PvP.

Barring that ele would benefit from removing some of the +% damage modifiers and putting the damage right on the weapon skills (for competitive damage ele has no defences as sustain is through healing power which requires stat investment and through water/earth skills whose attunements tend to have low damage compared to the dodges of daredevil or the blinks/ports/stealth of mesmer).

As far as realistic buffs... here are some ideas. Bear in mind that ele needs quite a lot of buffing to be competitive.

• Sword Autos 1/4, 1/4, 1/2 s, range increased to 180 instead of 130. Ele has no weapon swap and is range locked - this would greatly help them to stay on target and land damage.

• 1s cool down on double attune vs. the 4 s currently. Weaver is currently slower and less flexible on attuning than core ele.

• Double to triple all barrier that ele receives. <400 barrier on dual weapon skills is absolutely forgettable, like 1/4 of an auto attack

• Cleansing Fire and Lightening Flash cooldown reduced to 30s and break stun.

• Rework stances, everything except for primortial stance is pretty trash. Many stances don't feel like stances (i.e. give you an effect over a period of time).The above points would go a long way toward fixing the class.

• Move the class to medium healthpool (probably would fix most problems on its own with the class).

• Change some traits to be 'sustain while glassy' instead of solidly sustain to avoid issues with tank tempests, buff the traits.

All in all, ele was designed as jack-of-all. Unfortunately that means that it is not good at any one thing in particular so why take it. Furthermore, with elite specs, most other professions are at least as flexible as elementalist and can specialize better (i.e. guardian can fight, heal, tank just as well). The final nail in the coffin is raid balancing - ele's raison d'etre was big damage and the push for all the classes to deal similar damage in raids has invalidated its basic design principles. Why play a squishy ele and play the paino and require babysitting in raids when you can pick up another class and do just as well? Not to mention that the damage buffs that were added to classes because of raids have carried over to PvP. Furthermore the anti boon meta has cemented ele at the bottom as the class from inception was designed around boons.

Idek, I think nerfs to Firebrand and Scourge are needed to make ele more viable. Cause right now Scourge hard counters ele more than it does to rev, and firebrand does what tempest does but better.

As for dagger, it needs something to make it stand out. Right now it's a jack of all trades weapon that's outclassed by sword in every aspect. By the looks of its dual-skills, and necessity, it looks like anet wants it to be a condi-weapon and it isn't. Idk, ele is one of my least played classes, but I've found weaver to be oodles of fun so I'm getting more into it.

@Hooglese.4860 said:

Sword build is slow, but it
can
do good damage. It's survivability is above average as well.

Idek, I think nerfs to Firebrand and Scourge are needed to make ele more viable. Cause right now Scourge hard counters ele more than it does to rev, and firebrand does what tempest does but better.

As for dagger, it needs something to make it stand out. Right now it's a jack of all trades weapon that's outclassed by sword in every aspect. By the looks of its dual-skills, and necessity, it looks like anet wants it to be a condi-weapon and it isn't. Idk, ele is one of my least played classes, but I've found weaver to be oodles of fun so I'm getting more into it.

Quaggan doesn't understand how you can say that Firebrand does his job better than Tempest. As Quaggan would like to point, they are completly different kind of supports. First is purely defensive, thus his defensive abilities are stronger, second is offensive, so his defensive abilities are weaker. Firebrand can't give his allies aura's and shared Shocking Auras can turn the tide of entire fight while playing against mutiple melees.

Tempest isn't played anymore only because of Scrooge, which hard counters it.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Hooglese.4860 said:

can

Quaggan doesn't understand how you can say that Firebrand does his job better than Tempest. As Quaggan would like to point, they are completly different kind of supports. First is purely defensive, thus his defensive abilities are stronger, second is offensive, so his defensive abilities are weaker. Firebrand can't give his allies aura's and shared Shocking Auras can turn the tide of entire fight while playing against mutiple melees.

But ele can give only shockaura to party if hes not taking the trait for cleanse. So ele has to make a decission if he likes to cleanse condis or heal over auras with share ( overload, weapons). This is the whole problem. Firebrand can do everything, while tempest cant.

Another story, ele has not so much more skills like it seems. People allways try to hold this myth up:

Firebrand 10 weaponskills+15virtures+5 utilities ( elite+heal included)= 30 skills in allTempest 20 weaponskills+4 overloads+5util.=29 skills

You will see if you compare it to other classes the difference is not this big like everyone this days explain.

@Enigmoid.1264 said:

can

Ele needs a complete rework but Anet will never do that. This rework would involve changing traits from being attunement focused to being focused on a area (i.e. instead of the fire traitline you would have the rage traitline that would buff power/condi damage across attunements, rather than buffing virtually solely fire attunement). Yeah ele gets a lot of skills but can only enhance two attunements + elite which greatly cuts effectiveness in PvP.

Barring that ele would benefit from removing some of the +% damage modifiers and putting the damage right on the weapon skills (for competitive damage ele has no defences as sustain is through healing power which requires stat investment and through water/earth skills whose attunements tend to have low damage compared to the dodges of daredevil or the blinks/ports/stealth of mesmer).

As far as realistic buffs... here are some ideas. Bear in mind that ele needs quite a lot of buffing to be competitive.
  • Sword Autos 1/4, 1/4, 1/2 s, range increased to 180 instead of 130. Ele has no weapon swap and is range locked - this would greatly help them to stay on target and land damage.
  • 1s cool down on double attune vs. the 4 s currently. Weaver is currently slower and less flexible on attuning than core ele.
  • Double to triple all barrier that ele receives. <400 barrier on dual weapon skills is absolutely forgettable, like 1/4 of an auto attack
  • Cleansing Fire and Lightening Flash cooldown reduced to 30s and break stun.
  • Rework stances, everything except for primortial stance is pretty trash. Many stances don't feel like stances (i.e. give you an effect over a period of time).The above points would go a long way toward fixing the class.
  • Move the class to medium healthpool (probably would fix most problems on its own with the class).
  • Change some traits to be 'sustain while glassy' instead of solidly sustain to avoid issues with tank tempests, buff the traits.

All in all, ele was designed as jack-of-all. Unfortunately that means that it is not good at any one thing in particular so why take it. Furthermore, with elite specs, most other professions are at least as flexible as elementalist and can specialize better (i.e. guardian can fight, heal, tank just as well). The final nail in the coffin is raid balancing - ele's raison d'etre was big damage and the push for all the classes to deal similar damage in raids has invalidated its basic design principles. Why play a squishy ele and play the paino and require babysitting in raids when you can pick up another class and do just as well? Not to mention that the damage buffs that were added to classes because of raids have carried over to PvP. Furthermore the anti boon meta has cemented ele at the bottom as the class from inception was designed around boons.

Then that's not ele anymore. Just like nerfing should be slow and steady, same should happen with buffs. You want ele to be SSS tier?

I would add Twist of Fate to the list of stances that don't suck. Aquatic, Earthen, Unravel, and Weave Self all need some help. Unravel especially, being the elephant in the room. Lowering the same-attunement cd would make this stance completely redundant, but as it is, it simply cannot justify a utility slot. Not at all.

The changes I would make are the following:

• Invigorating Strikes (GM Weaver trait): Barrier increased to 1556 from 778 base (100% increase, same scaling)
  • Woven Stride (GM Weaver trait): Now removes conditions on Swiftness or Superspeed application. No longer gives regeneration.
  • Elemental Pursuit (Adept Weaver trait): ICD reduced to 5 from 10.
  • Tailored Victory (Weave Self 2nd active): Can now be used while moving.
  • Bolstered Elements (Master Weaver trait): Stability now lasts 5 seconds from 4.
  • Lightning Flash: Stun breaks again, number of targets increased to 3 from 1.
  • Cleansing Fire: Cooldown reduced to 25 seconds from 40.
  • Evasive Arcana: Updated cleansing water to match the off hand version and remove 2 conditions, up from 1.
  • Fire Grab (OH dagger fire #5): Made it more reliably to hit.
  • Lightning Touch (dagger air #2): Made it more reliably to hit.
  • Aquatic Stance: Now also heals around the elementalist.
  • Unravel: Now grants 4 seconds of quickness on top of 4 seconds of the usual attunement specific boons (3 might, fury, protection, regen). Duration reduced to 4 seconds from 5.
  • Glyph of Storms: Cooldown reduced to 50 from 60.

Nerf aoe 300 radius insta cast boon corruption would be a good indirect buff to any ele build. I think sword needs a range increase on most skills. Make it more like dagger. For weaver I think there should be no CD to fully attune elements.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Hooglese.4860 said:

can

But ele can give only shockaura to party if hes not taking the trait for cleanse. So ele has to make a decission if he likes to cleanse condis or heal over auras with share ( overload, weapons). This is the whole problem. Firebrand can do everything, while tempest cant.

Another story, ele has not so much more skills like it seems. People allways try to hold this myth up:

Firebrand 10 weaponskills+15virtures+5 utilities ( elite+heal included)= 30 skills in allTempest 20 weaponskills+4 overloads+5util.=29 skills

You will see if you compare it to other classes the difference is not this big like everyone this days explain.

As Quaggan said before - Tempest is out of meta, only because of Scrooge McDuck. For most matchups you don't even need cleanse on regeneration, because your Shouts remove conditions, your focus removes conditions, your water overload removes conditions and so does Diamond Skin, so Powerful Aura is usualy way to go.

Tempest also has access to various soft ccs (cripple, immobilize, chill) and "hard" ccs (knockdown, daze, stun via shocking aura), as he has access to weakness and projectile hate... as you can see, comparing healing & cleanse in case of those specializations is simply wrong, because Tempest does so many other things.

@rsegames.3916 said:While Ele that low is worrisome, im more shocked with engies having near null representation from scrappers and core builds.

Anyway, thanks and good job bringing this info.

Why?

Core condi engis were already hard countered by necros before PoF landed and Scourge only amplified that problem. Core power engis were hard countered by the projectile hate of HoT, which is thankfully smaller now, but the damage of a core power engi is pitiful when compared to holo. Holo is a straight upgrade to power engineers.

And scrapper... they lack the mobility of holos to get out of the scourge's way, and do not have sufficient burstiness to take down a scourge. Add on all the boon corruption, and it's worthless as far as damage goes. They're in much the same position as tempest tanks are -- the scourge simply prevents them from existing in a meaningful way. This adds insult to injury, because the only place where scrappers were seen as valuable was PvP/WvW. Now they basically don't exist in any mode.

Guess i am a Quaggan. I agree to Morwath.9817. I still play tempest and realy like the new marshall .... But scourge ruins all my teamfights. I would need an all ranged team that acutally knows how to fight scourge or i can only go sides ... Currently it´s nearly guranteed that 1-2 scourges are on each side plus one firebrand is quite common.No scourge is actually mostly I win .. LoL ... Scourge means my team dies (i am unable to help them despite constant top healing ...) and run sides mostly getting a close loss ...

Archived