Organizing Serpent Ire Meta is Painful. And some suggestions

LONGA.1652

As commander who lead Pugs from time to time there so much to do during the meta trying to catch all players into a squad and explaining the mechanic . There so many things thats wrong with this meta which supposed to be doable by Average players but Logistic proof to be a pain. Splitting your attention between actually the fight and managing is too much for a single guy to handle.

-New people don't bring CC, or use CC at wrong time. Please put some bundle items that either outright deal big chunk of break bar or give alacrity.-After finding and Defeat all zealots spawn a portal to the Courtyard and Erect the shielding dome on Phase 2 right away. So people will actually have time to switch skill.-Ping Zealots Location so those not in squads can get into position.

please give some loot for the map for reaching each phase. We need consolation prize for trying the meta.

@LONGA.1652 said:As commander who lead Pugs from time to time there so much to do during the meta trying to catch all players into a squad and explaining the mechanic . There so many things thats wrong with this meta which supposed to be doable by Average players but Logistic proof to be a pain.

I don't think it's any different from any other meta 1-2 months after the first time we see it. It took a while before people had most chained events down, including Tequatl, Triple Trouble, AB, TD, and now Serpent's Ire.

Splitting your attention between actually the fight and managing is too much for a single guy to handle.Appoint a couple of lieutenants. Split into one subsquad per demi-boss and give them each a marker (e.g. sq1 goes to square, etc).Type out the things you want people to know ahead of time.

• Put some into squad message

• Copy/pastes other bits (that's how DT, TT, and other metas succeeded until there's a critical mass of PUGs available at any time)

• New people don't bring CC, or use CC at wrong time. Please put some bundle items that either outright deal big chunk of break bar or give alacrity.People generally don't bring CC. Existing solution: give people examples of good CC skills in the interim between zealot phase and later.

• After finding and Defeat all zealots spawn a portal to the Courtyard and Erect the shielding dome on Phase 2 right away. So people will actually have time to switch skill.There are already several "safe spots" to change skills. Lieutenants can head there and ping.

• Ping Zealots Location so those not in squads can get into position.Squad markers ftw.

please give some loot for the map for reaching each phase. We need consolation prize for trying the meta.I have nothing against improving the loot, given the length of the event. I don't think it requires intermediate loot anymore than TD or AB does. However, this won't do anything for the stated issue: it won't help organize.

I do have a text file regarding the meta and know to do squad marker. But you see you arn't lucky enough to see people step up to help most of the time because they can't spend their attention unless there a good hint that they are getting something out of it.

And those safe spot Like I stated Im already got my hand full with squad management. So a more obvious save spot is needed. between those 3 minute getting there and you can't really look at the screen ALT tabbing, Copy+Paste from text to map chat.

The Portal suggestion is doable because its already implemented on Shadow Behemoth.

Making the Meta into 100% success rate events. I had ran Legendary anomaly with 300 kills they sure take times. Which I wasn't serious about it till I want to do Winter's Presence on 2016 which need heap of Mystic coin.First 2 months it like only 30% success rate month which I consistently lead at the same time with just solo commanding . Now the map have rotating commander who do exactly the same getting squad organized within 5 minute before Anomaly spawn . And regulars take spot on the mechanic very well .

Then I try Anomaly other map with same map chat guide and putting LFG 5 minute before spawn. And what I get is full sqaud who never respond to squad chat. End up clearing the event on sliver of the failed mechanic.

It mean GW2 really need to Design meta carefully thinking of people who do not look at chat or mini map for clue more.

@LONGA.1652 said:I do have a text file regarding the meta and know to do squad marker. But you see you arn't lucky enough to see people step up to help most of the time because they can't spend their attention unless there a good hint that they are getting something out of it.

And those save spot Like I stated Im already got my hand full with squad management. So a more obvious save spot is needed. between those 3 minute getting there and you can't really look at the screen ALT tabbing, Copy+Paste from text to map chat.

The Portal suggestion is doable because its already implemented on Shadow Behemoth.

I hear what you're saying , but I disagree. I've been in several Serpent's Ire chains that went completely smoothly. Commander got volunteers for subsquads in /map before the event started, by organizing the map (and advertising in LFG) ahead of time.

People have barely been running the event for a month (since a lot of people didn't really care about it for the first month); it's early to expect that folks will come fully prepared. So, yeah, today's commander for S/I is going to have a rougher time than for other metas. That will change as people get familiar with it.

I'm not against the concept of the proposed changes. I'm saying I don't think they are needed and given that the community has 1000s of suggestions at any given moment, I'd rather see something else get ANet's attention. I'd rather see them take note of your feedback and incorporate them into future chains.

I was in many events, most lost them and others completed them.The problem is that it almost takes everyone on the map to attend the event, and then there is the challenge bar, it is true that many arrive without knowing what the CC is, but many times it is not completed either because it is an event that requires full map

I would say that each mini-boss (the 5 zealots) of the final event will add the mechanics of the bounty hunters, decrease the challenge bar or increase the time to complete the event.

Another problem is that there are not many people with PoF and the people who have the expansion left the maps or are on another map doing bounty hunting. Almost always when it is time to do the event there is only 1 group in the LFG to do the event, and if it is not completed it can not be finished.

Archived