[Suggestion] Change elixir S so it clears all conditions when activating.

YoukiNeko.6047

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:We already cannot attack or use anything when it activate. It should at least clear conditions.If not allow us to attack and use our skills.

What'd be the point of Elixir C? To get more random boons to be corrupted? Lol. Absurd change, we need more defensive options not 1 godlike one.

Engineer needs a resistance source. I use elixir c and it hardly matters because how easy it is to reapply conditions these days. If elixir c converted all condis and gave 6s or resistance. It would help a lot. Or make one of these terrible exceed skills like hard light arena or photon wall give resistance.

Currently, med kit has a skill that grants 2s of resistance. But we all know that 2s is laughable in wvw/pvp.

Elixir S is fine as it is. It is an incredibly strong panic button (especially the auto proc one), but it has to have downsides. One downside is that condis that aren't cleanses stay in you, and the second downside is that you cant exit being Elixir S'd early. The latter of the downsides gives a good player the consistent timing on when to nuke the engie coming out of the invuln state. You can already trait Elixir S to clear a condi, adding more condi cleanse would be ridiculous.

@Bullet.9271 said:Elixir S is fine as it is. It is an incredibly strong panic button (especially the auto proc one), but it has to have downsides. One downside is that condis that aren't cleanses stay in you, and the second downside is that you cant exit being Elixir S'd early. The latter of the downsides gives a good player the consistent timing on when to nuke the engie coming out of the invuln state. You can already trait Elixir S to clear a condi, adding more condi cleanse would be ridiculous.

The latter downside would justify adding 2-3 seconds of resistance to elixir S

Our invuln is the most punishing one in the game other professions can fight or heal while invulnerable this is made worse when you consider we have a trait that activates it passively wich no engineer uses anymore because it is a free kill for the oponent when it activates

@Rezzet.3614 said:Either our invuln gets upgraded to function like other professions or everyone else's should be nerfed to our level

Would be the logical option if we dont get resistance added to it

Elixir S gets upgraded to function like "everyone else's"? All utility skills that give invuln lock you down. Renewed Focus, Earth Shield's Fortify, Mist Form, Elixir S, they're all locking your abilities down.

The only invuln effects that don't lock you down are baked into baseline weapons and F skills.Obsidian Flesh (not meta), and Mesmer baseline F4 which requires sacrificing using clones for another shatter effect. Mesmer's attacking while avoiding is the norm Mesmer theme.

There are many, many ways to evade while attacking for multiple professions, and it's really the same thing except you can hold points.

Would you then agree it's logical to add resistance to Renewed Focus, Fortify, Mist Form? Maybe. Elixir S is meta right now and clearly has the better deal than other Stunbreaks already, it's not logical to buff such a thing.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Don't forget you can dodge roll nuke people while Invuln. Clearly not helpless.

It can be done now, until it's "fixed". Using dodge as attack seems just wrong to me.

Seems pretty intended to me, ArenaNet just last patch: "Vent Exhaust will now do more power damage and less Burning!" Only possible reason for that would be to push a Mine Trail/Vent Exhaust build on us which is exactly what happened.

@Chaith.8256 said:

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Don't forget you can dodge roll nuke people while Invuln. Clearly not helpless.

It can be done now, until it's "fixed". Using dodge as attack seems just wrong to me.

Seems pretty intended to me, ArenaNet just last patch: "Vent Exhaust will now do more power damage and less Burning!" Only possible reason for that would be to push a Mine Trail/Vent Exhaust build on us which is exactly what happened.

Well only time will tell if this stick or not.

Chaith is right. Elixer S as it is is probably one of the better invulns in the game as it clears a condition and provides a toolbelt skill with a stealth and additional condi clear. (only ones better would be obsidian flesh or mesmer's distortion as you can access skills while you are under those effects). People complain about getting condi bombed and not being able to clear it with S, the thing is it's a supposed to be used to fix all your mistakes for you. Really what it is intended for is as a stunbreak or as a way for you to avoid large bombs of damage you predict coming. You'll feel better with the skill's performance if you start predicting your opponent's moves more instead of just reacting to what they do after they do it.

@Ario.8964 said:Chaith is right. Elixer S as it is is probably one of the better invulns in the game as it clears a condition and provides a toolbelt skill with a stealth and additional condi clear. (only ones better would be obsidian flesh or mesmer's distortion as you can access skills while you are under those effects). People complain about getting condi bombed and not being able to clear it with S, the thing is it's a supposed to be used to fix all your mistakes for you. Really what it is intended for is as a stunbreak or as a way for you to avoid large bombs of damage you predict coming. You'll feel better with the skill's performance if you start predicting your opponent's moves more instead of just reacting to what they do after they do it.

It clears conditions only if you trait for it. Anyway if clearing conditions is too much for it, then maybe add 2-3 s resistance or maybe remove the skill lock.Or it can be left as is.

@YoukiNeko.6047 said:

@Ario.8964 said:Chaith is right. Elixer S as it is is probably one of the better invulns in the game as it clears a condition and provides a toolbelt skill with a stealth and additional condi clear. (only ones better would be obsidian flesh or mesmer's distortion as you can access skills while you are under those effects). People complain about getting condi bombed and not being able to clear it with S, the thing is it's a supposed to be used to fix all your mistakes for you. Really what it is intended for is as a stunbreak or as a way for you to avoid large bombs of damage you predict coming. You'll feel better with the skill's performance if you start predicting your opponent's moves more instead of just reacting to what they do after they do it.

It clears conditions only if you trait for it. Anyway if clearing conditions is too much for it, then maybe add 2-3 s resistance or maybe remove the skill lock.Or it can be left as is.

Mechanics part of builds considered 'Meta' or 'Great' do not need buffs, period. So don't bargain, it's just nope.

i think it's perfectly fine honestly, i can avoid a butt-load of dps, finish others with out getting stop and i can burst light users with my dodge rolls while im in that form? It's perfectly fine as it is imo.

only change I'll love to see is rocket boots getting evade so if i ever need to run from a condi battle at middle i can avoid some damage before melting down in seconds lol. Imo holo are in a good spot and if anyone worried about dying so fast because of condi i'll suggest not stay at mid / center of a war zone for so long, Find a easy target , melt them down and then go +1 someone or decap/cap a point.

Elixir C says hi, you want to clear condis this is the elixir you should be slotting, not S. For PvP it is still meta i believe, as someone said im not sure we need to buff meta skills.

Don't get me wrong I think Engi needs some more incidental condi clear scattered through it's trait lines weapon skills etc. And maybe a source of resistance on something no one ever uses. For those that remember there was an engineer trait that once we dropped below 33% health we became immune to all condi dmg. This trait was removed and not a lot added in way of dealing with conditions.

That and the game has progressed(regressed?), the clear one condi on super elixir when the game first came out was pretty good, with the blizzard of condis now being spammed in wvw it's like trying to plug a dam break with your fingers.

I think Elixir C should provide some resistance time, if anything. Elixir S should be left alone, in my humble opinion. It's pretty good as it stands. Resistance would make more sense on Elix C, on top of converting all condis to boons that it already does. Would give a few melee options a little more viability, seeming as a lot of the engi's arsenal is now going toward the melee side right now, and some before expansions were pretty much mid/close range as it was.

Archived