Can PU beat Mirage 1v1 in pvp?

Furious.2867

If the mirage is running PU then they lack the extra conditions of either illusions or duelling so their damage output should be much lower. Having said that if you’re not running mirage you will be at a disadvantage as you miss out on condi cleanse and stunbreak on dodge as well as jaunt. Older condi chrono build might work but watch out for the holosmith elite that’s unblockable and make sure you’re running illusions.

If you want a power build unless you’re better than your opponents it’s probably a bad idea without mirage, mind you PvP is such a mess I don’t think any of it matters so just throw on some weapons, armour, some random trinkets and traits and flail around like everyone else.

@Furious.2867 said:Looking for a core side node build that isn't Mirage.

Can anyone share their experience?

Thanks <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Hey Furious! So this build is what I normally would run if i'm just playing core and roaming here and there. From personal experience, I have fought power Mirages while out in WvW and I haven't had any problems. I've noticed alot that some players like to spam their mirage cloaks a lot which from the beginning would prevent me from condition bursting at the beginning of the fight - but now i've adapted to situations like that and just time attacks when their cloaks are down.

I know the build has a lot of stealth (Mass Invisibility) but in WvW you sometimes run into incoming zergs or when you think you're in the middle of a 1v1, the foe suddenly gets back up so it's nice to escape. When i'm not running PU i'll replace the Chaos line with Chrono instead for the extra movement speed, illusion refresh and Continuum Split.

Good luck and Practise!

Edit: PVP when I'm waiting in queue for WvW or just killing time.

Archived