Outfight Regeneration — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Outfight Regeneration

Xibalbar.7459Xibalbar.7459 Member ✭✭
edited November 28, 2017 in PVP

Everytime i face someone 1v1 and i set my burst better i get punished because they can disengage, enter another fight, with full healthpoints because they getting outfight and ofc they regenerate the full amount. Atleast make the time to the "outfight" longer or this mechanic will punish every great management around good setted bursts and damage. Its something old mmos had, but for pvp its not usefull in all.

Comments

• Morwath.9817Morwath.9817 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Xibalbar.7459 said:
    Everytime i face someone 1v1 and i set my burst better i get punished because they can disengage, enter another fight, with full healthpoints because they getting outfight and ofc they regenerate the full amount. Atleast make the time to the "outfight" longer or this mechanic will punish every great management around good setted bursts and damage. Its something old mmos had, but for pvp its not usefull in all.

Ooo, If you force someone to disengage, you already have won, since you can decap/cap his point, thats what sPvP is about.

• Xibalbar.7459Xibalbar.7459 Member ✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Ooo, If you force someone to disengage, you already have won, since you can decap/cap his point, thats what sPvP is about.

Oooo, the best healer in gw2 spvp at the moment is outfight. If someone can enter a fight after lost something or did bad (specially high mobile classes) with full hps and turning it because its 3v2 its a punishment for my team and me. He did a worser job and he gets a reward for it. This is not what pvp is.

edited November 28, 2017

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Oooo, the best healer in gw2 spvp at the moment is outfight. If someone can enter a fight after lost something or did bad (specially high mobile classes) with full hps and turning it because its 3v2 its a punishment for my team and me. He did a worser job and he gets a reward for it. This is not what pvp is.

Quaggan thinks you don't understand, that if you nerf out of combat regeneration, then builds with access to regeneration itself and more healing will be even stronger than they are now?

• @Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Quaggan thinks you don't understand, that if you nerf out of combat regeneration, then builds with access to regeneration itself and more healing will be even stronger than they are now?

And this needs to be nerfed to a healthy status and not like it is now. Sustain and heal is overtuned. I dont understand your logic. Reward someone for doing bad is okey?

• xDudisx.5914xDudisx.5914 Member ✭✭✭

I would like to see out of combat healing take a bit longer to start and/or heal at a slower rate. But nothing to extreme to make ot useless ofc.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

And this needs to be nerfed to a healthy status and not like it is now. Sustain and heal is overtuned. I dont understand your logic. Reward someone for doing bad is okey?

Healing and sustain are overtuned? Quaggan doesn't get it, people drown in conditions and few autos can down someone, but you say we have too much sustain? Also, Quaggan doesn't get "reward for doing bad", so far, you're punished for 'doing bad' (read: bursting someone too early).

• @Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Healing and sustain are overtuned? Quaggan doesn't get it, people drown in conditions and few autos can down someone, but you say we have too much sustain? Also, Quaggan doesn't get "reward for doing bad", so far, you're punished for 'doing bad' (read: bursting someone too early).

9/10 its a l2p if ppl facetanking damage and they getting safed by procs, passives and tons of boons. Metateam atm seems like:

Druid (sustain as kitten), Spellbreaker ( sustain as kitten), Firebrand (the lord of sustain), Mirage ( distortion, blury, blink, mobility like a god), Necro ( needs no sustain cuz firebrand)

All of them beside necro have tons of migration, heal, stealth, cleanse and for evey situation a kit of tools to avoid any kind of damage. Its to much, compared to other specs and this is the reason why they outclassing other professions. I dont see what you are trying. Outfightreg needs to be killed, so atleast some mistakes gets punished.

• Sismis.5390Sismis.5390 Member ✭✭
    edited November 28, 2017

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

9/10 its a l2p if ppl facetanking damage and they getting safed by procs, passives and tons of boons. Metateam atm seems like:

Druid (sustain as kitten), Spellbreaker ( sustain as kitten), Firebrand (the lord of sustain), Mirage ( distortion, blury, blink, mobility like a god), Necro ( needs no sustain cuz firebrand)

You must understand we got now whats left of people who pvp that majority cant even 1vs1 proper.Not to mention where i saw people 3vs1 they could not kill one person.So any changes we had was based on teamplay and teams what is not anymore ingame.Now we got the pvp Armageddon the end of days literally and the little arena sheeps who cant even play proper.So any changes now its going to end up like snowballing from one side to another.

Until we get a total overhaul where 80% of skills ( weapons and classes) get made again viable you can forget any decent pvp in this game.And where passive traits get knocked off so we can go back to skillful gameplay nothing will change only get worse.

A Monkey learns to Paint!While Humans in sPvP after long playing Devolution back to Amoeba.

edited November 28, 2017

Quaggan will respond to your post part by part.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

9/10 its a l2p if ppl facetanking damage and they getting safed by procs, passives and tons of boons.

Ooo, 9/10 its a l2p when you burst people and they run away, it means you a) do it too early, since burst is supposed to be used to finish people not just do pressure them (unless you want them to disengage); b) don't watch their % health bar and don't play around passives.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

While Firebrand "sustain" is for sake of others (you're babysitting others), Druid has weaker "sustain" than Firebrand, but free damage from Pet allow him to be good at 1v1 - those are supposed to have "kitten sustain", because they are healers. Probably if Scrooge and Mirage would be nerfed we could see also support Rev and Tempest here.

Foooo, Distortion, blury on sword, blink & portal are nothing new to Mesmers and to leap on sword (ambush) you've to "waste" your endurance.

Ooo, Spellbreaker, it's literaly a 1v1 build, which has no team support at all. It's supposed to have good sustain in 1v1.

Quaggan won't comment even on fact you act like Holosmith and Thief aren't top dogs in current meta.

All of them beside necro have tons of migration, heal, stealth, cleanse and for evey situation a kit of tools to avoid any kind of damage. Its to much, compared to other specs and this is the reason why they outclassing other professions. I dont see what you are trying. Outfightreg needs to be killed, so atleast some mistakes gets punished.

As Quaggan pointed already, if you nerf out of combat regen, then you will basicaly buff specs like Spellbreaker and make Thieves and Mesmers much less viable...

• @Morwath.9817 said:

Ooo, 9/10 its a l2p when you burst people and they run away, it means you a) do it too early, since burst is supposed to be used to finish people not just do pressure them (unless you want them to disengage); b) don't watch their % health bar and don't play around passives.

No. Just no. I need to burst lots of builds to their passives before i can finish my job. Doesnt matter how good iam and how bad they did. And since when burst means only finish someone? It can trigger passives, it can be counterpressure. Its not only kill and go on. And i need to play around the healthbar and passives or should i waste my damage and cooldowns to endure pain or elix s?

@Morwath.9817 said:

>

As Quaggan pointed already, if you nerf out of combat regen, then you will basicaly buff specs like Spellbreaker and make Thieves and Mesmers much less viable...

>

Let the signet work only infight and here we go, fixed it. If you enter the outfight, it doenst need to work, while outfight doesnt need to reg. your hps back. It can be delayed, like after 30s or so.

And Mesmer was allways in Toptier, was top 1v1 pick, had great mobility so far and on top mirage made it to a conditheif-like. Its same monster, like other complete broken specs. I dont get your point.

• @Morwath.9817 said:

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Not really. Cool downs don't rest but your health bar does.> @Morwath.9817 said:

Quaggan will respond to your post part by part.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

9/10 its a l2p if ppl facetanking damage and they getting safed by procs, passives and tons of boons.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

While Firebrand "sustain" is for sake of others (you're babysitting others), Druid has weaker "sustain" than Firebrand, but free damage from Pet allow him to be good at 1v1 - those are supposed to have "kitten sustain", because they are healers. Probably if Scrooge and Mirage would be nerfed we could see also support Rev and Tempest here.

Foooo, Distortion, blury on sword, blink & portal are nothing new to Mesmers and to leap on sword (ambush) you've to "waste" your endurance.

Ooo, Spellbreaker, it's literaly a 1v1 build, which has no team support at all. It's supposed to have good sustain in 1v1.

Quaggan won't comment even on fact you act like Holosmith and Thief aren't top dogs in current meta.

Scratch viable and replace with OP.

edited November 28, 2017

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

No. Just no. I need to burst lots of builds to their passives before i can finish my job. Doesnt matter how good iam and how bad they did. And since when burst means only finish someone? It can trigger passives, it can be counterpressure. Its not only kill and go on. And i need to play around the healthbar and passives or should i waste my damage and cooldowns to endure pain or elix s?

Yes. Just yes. In orginal post you was complaining about landing "your burst better" and "people disengaging" after you do so "everytime", which means you're doing it wrong. Reread Quaggans post, Quaggan haven't told you to don't play around pasives, but that you don't do so mostly likely.

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Let the signet work only infight and here we go, fixed it. If you enter the outfight, it doenst need to work, while outfight doesnt need to reg. your hps back. It can be delayed, like after 30s or so.

You would have to "fix" all abilities which provide healing and/or regeneration. Shouldn't you rather ask about removing/reworking passive procs?

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

And Mesmer was allways in Toptier, was top 1v1 pick, had great mobility so far and on top mirage made it to a conditheif-like. Its same monster, like other complete broken specs. I dont get your point.

No, not really, Quaggan doesn't think so... while Quaggan agrees Mirage is overtuned, but thats not due to stuff you listed in previous post, but too good condition pressure.

@Faux Play.6104 said:
    Not really. Cool downs don't rest but your health bar does.>

Same does for their CDs and your health, as orginal post was about 1v1.

@Faux Play.6104 said:
    Scratch viable and replace with OP.

Quaggans gonna Foooo.
    While Quaggan disagrees, he would delete Thief from the game and replace GW2 Mesmers with GW1 Mesmers.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.