Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback - Page 4 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Resplendent Avialan raptor Feedback

124>

Comments

• @ReaverKane.7598 said:
    Taking the risk of beating up a dead horse, i'll have to address the issue with this:

It's not worth 2000 gems.

Come on Arena Net... This again?
    Look, here's the deal, the skin is kinda neat, and all, but it's not GREAT, i might use it on my mesmer, because mesmers are peacocky and all, but that's it...
    Now do you really think that a SINGLE SKIN is worth the same amount of gems as a pack that holds an outfit + glider + back skin + dyes + Total Make Over Kit + Unique-ish weapon skin, not to mention the same value as a pack of 5 different mount skins?
    Did you sell enough of the Warhound to make you think that people will buy stuff at this price? I personally saw like 3 Warhounds in-game since they were released, so i'm assuming not that many were sold.

OP says it all so well!!!

• It doesnt look amazing enough to spend 2000 gems on it. Mainly the tail is ugly. The rest is ok.

• I don't know what the right price for a mount skin would be, but I'd have to REALLY want something to pay that much. This skin? I don't want it NEARLY that much. $10 is about the limit of what I'd consider. Even that seems a tad high, but if I'm honest with myself, I'd probably still get one occasionally.

• @Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    Thank you all for your passion, and again, thank you for your continued support of Live development.
    ~ MO
    What support don't you get it you've lost mine permanently because of your greedy $25.00 a skin fiasco...!

Can I have your stuff?

I'm sorry you can't afford the Gucci bag of the GW2 world, but I for one would like to continue seeing content created and MO has made it clear this pricing makes it possible. I'm sure there are other games out there where you can get every single cosmetic item for free or cheaply. I wish you the best of luck in them (but I still want your stuff!)

• @orenwolf.1953 said:
    I'm sorry you can't afford the Gucci bag of the GW2 world, but I for one would like to continue seeing content created and MO has made it clear this pricing makes it possible.

I don't think I'd agree that this was made clear at all. What is clear is that this is what Anet is going to charge. But I have heavy doubts that this pricing is necessary to sustain new content creation. Given just how expensive the Gem Store is becoming overall, it seems much more like this is all testing the waters to see what the market will bear.

• asterix.9614asterix.9614 Member ✭✭✭

Would have bought it in a heart beat if it had a beak and was an alternative flying skin...............

• @asterix.9614 said:
    Would have bought it in a heart beat if it had a beak and was an alternative flying skin...............

Perfect. Get a griffon.

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    No sorry to burst that bubble but you are the one wrong here... every skin in the pack had a 400gem value.

No. Every skin in the pack was priced at 400 gems (though, only if you bought them all. If you just wanted a speciic skin, the pricing on that skin was extremely random), but that doesn't mean they had that value. Even Anet didn't believe that was their value, or they wouldn't have used the lootbox approach with them.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    No sorry to burst that bubble but you are the one wrong here... every skin in the pack had a 400gem value.

No. Every skin in the pack was priced at 400 gems (though, only if you bought them all. If you just wanted a speciic skin, the pricing on that skin was extremely random), but that doesn't mean they had that value. Even Anet didn't believe that was their value, or they wouldn't have used the lootbox approach with them.

That's because you view it as a single skin collection.. it wasn't, it was a 30 skin collection and each skin has a 400 gem value..
    If you wanted to play chance on just one of 30 skins in a box then that's your choice..
    You are guaranteed to get every skin at a 400 gem purchase each or play the chance game.
    Now you get 1 skin for 2000 gems, that's 2 skins now actually .. so for 4k skins so far.
    Even if they halved that amount for all future skins your still going to be paying some serious sponduly for a comparable collection of skins.. yes subjectively some are more desirable than others to players but not everyone chases the same dream... heck that attempt at a peacock raptor to me is just awful, but hey some like it so as I said, enjoy.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

Also get your currencies fair: we still pay same with euro and usd. although 25 euro are now 30 dollars. With that said with the currency exchange I would have to pay 30 dollars for one mount skin. Sorry dudes, but what the hell? Are you totally insane?

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Matick.4132 said:

@Healix.5819 said:
    As a general rule, if the mount isn't a simple retexture or modification, it's going to cost 2000 gems. They didn't randomly choose that number, it's simply the standard price for mounts in the major MMOs.

Yeah, just because other are stupid and greedy we're gonna do that, too?
    That doesn't make it any less awful and thanks to the six, there's more and more talk that regulatory law needs to step into this topic (ok, the RNG/Lootbox thingy, but putting on tighter regulations on that wouldn't hurt either)
    This remembers me of the ol' tale your parents used to tell ya – maybe they didn't tell you, dunno, no offence but:
    'if the other kids jump from that bridge, you jump, too?'

This brings us back to all the talk of greediness with microtransactions.
    One thing is clear, it's not needed in any way. Look at Hollywood. They have multimillion dollar productions rollin off of their production lines like crazy, but they found enough ways to come around the thing, to charge a stupid amount of cash at the box office (well... let's not get TOO much into this), at least they're not coming up to you in the middle of the film saying: 'Hey, if you wanna see the really cool stuff, that be 10 bucks more!'

What a great idea, MMOs could charge $15 for every two hours of play...

Might want to consider your comparison's more carefully.

• Omnicron.2467Omnicron.2467 Member ✭✭✭

@Lanhelin.3480 said:

@Matick.4132 said:
    Seriously ANet, you're listening to any cat content and can post an instant reply, so you must notice what's going on here!

Currently they are pretty engaged celebrating on reddit. No time to react to topics like this on the official forums.

But since the whole skingate and despite MO's answer (who by the way isn't game director anymore, just read the thread on reddit) then the rng-element in the pack and now the overpriced single skin I wonder whether it really is Arenanet who decides and sets the prices in the shop or rather NCSoft demanding it?

Edit:
    It's not NCSoft.

Hi,

As I wrote in my previous response, it’s been a wonderful challenge to support all Living World and Live content development for a game of this size, for five years and counting, purely through the sale of optional microtransactions. We laid out our guiding principles for GW2 microtransactions in March 2012 and we've held true to them ever since. My motivation is to continue to stay true to those principles while also continuing to fund Live content development. I recently apologized for our missteps with the Mount Adoption License. Still, mount skins are purely cosmetic, thus in many ways an ideal embodiment of our goal to support the game with optional microtransactions.

Most of us have two relationships with the GW2 gem store. One relationship is that of a customer: we purchase things when we want them for ourselves and agree with how they’re bundled and priced. Another relationship is that of an interested party: we know that ArenaNet funds Live development through the sale of gems for cash, and we enjoy playing new content like today’s release, so we hope that the gem store does well enough to keep supporting content development. We might say, “I wouldn’t buy that!”, but if enough people buy it that it supports ongoing Live development, we’re still happy.

Mount skins are style items, and style items have some unique challenges. They’re subject to individual taste, so except for the very flashiest items, individual style items will have limited sales. Also, GW2 isn’t setup to support an enjoyable experience of browsing through a large catalog of style items, so players tend not to do that. What our data shows is that higher-priced flashy individual items can work, and lower-average-price-per-item bundles can work, but lower-priced individual items generally don’t generate meaningful revenue to support the game. And the whole point of these items is to support the game.

GW2 is a content-rich online world with no monthly fee, so it’s a great overall value, with microtransactions doing the heavy lifting of funding continued development of the game. It shouldn’t also be our goal to have the lowest-priced microtransactions. In that case, the only logical outcome would be that we could afford to make less content than other developers, and I think that’s not what any of us are looking for. I love our current pace of content development and I hope we can support it for a long time to come.

We’re all in this together. It’s obvious in your posts that you’re thoughtful and motivated to see the game do well. You balance between loving the game and not always agreeing with how gem store items are bundled or priced. That’s fair. We have a commerce team that lives that dilemma every day. We’re all doing our best for the long-term health of the game.

Thank you all for your passion, and again, thank you for your continued support of Live development.

~ MO

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7g5ptn/mounts_at_2000_gems_are_not_ok_anet/dqhgald/

If this is true then I can understand and respect ANET's decision. To be fair I am not sure I would buy either of the remodel skins even at half price, I just do not like them enough to throw gems at them, which is what I think MO is saying. For people who love them but cannot afford them it must be very frustrating so I sympathise. Personally I enjoy the skins locked behing RNG lootboxes a lot more :(

• At least include a mini of the 2k mount skin when buying it.

• ProtoGunner.4953ProtoGunner.4953 Member ✭✭✭✭

BTW why was this outrage not with the other 2000gems mount skin? Most people forgot that together with the adoption license they also sold this forged jackal skin for 2k gems.

Also, what I always wanted to know, how can Dulfy afford all skins that the game releases?

• Astralporing.1957Astralporing.1957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    That's because you view it as a single skin collection.. it wasn't, it was a 30 skin collection and each skin has a 400 gem value..

Price. If Anet thought all these skins had a 400 gem value, they would have given us the option to obtain them directly (for example in a way similar to black lion weapon tickets). If they didn't, it means they knew that at least some of the skins will not sell at that price.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    BTW why was this outrage not with the other 2000gems mount skin?

Most likely because people didn't expect yet for that mount to be a baseline, instead of an exception.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:
    Also, what I always wanted to know, how can Dulfy afford all skins that the game releases?

She can't. Which is why a lot of screens are from other people.

The whole point of a social game is to play with the people you want to play with, not be forced to play with the people you don't.

• Aerlen.5326Aerlen.5326 Member ✭✭✭

It looks like the joke Legendary Kasmeer mount :p
    I haven't been a fan of either of the 2000 gem mounts, they've both been ugly and not the best use of the mount models.

• Matick.4132Matick.4132 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Matick.4132 said:
    One thing is clear, it's not needed in any way. Look at Hollywood. They have multimillion dollar productions rollin off of their production lines like crazy, but they found enough ways to come around the thing, to charge a stupid amount of cash at the box office (well... let's not get TOO much into this), at least they're not coming up to you in the middle of the film saying: 'Hey, if you wanna see the really cool stuff, that be 10 bucks more!'

Could you pls elaborate more on your reply? thx

The comparison isn’t far fetched.
    So Hollywood AAA titles – for the sake of the argument I use the same nomenclature for blockbusters – do charge a bit more for 30min of ‘extended screenplay’ or ‘IMAX’ version of their films, but it’s nothing compared to ‘microtransactions’ in games.

Hollywood found ways to substantially fund their multimillion dollar productions, without getting onto their fans as much as the games industry lately. They use product placement – though debatable too – as one way to do that, or fundraising, or merch, or licensing... etc. pp. there are more ways out there, than microtransactions wich is a shady euphemism to be honest, when you look at the numbers!

Yesterday, dunno wich company was it, a mayor car maker stated that there are indeed ways to ‘monetise the driving experience’ more. So for example: paying a 24hrs fee for extended head lights when you need to make a nightly road trip, instead of your normal way of driving inside the city. (I’m not kidding, google it. Just can’t remember it right now!)

So I can go as far out as saying that these gem-store practices can be compared to your car company giving you access to a functioning windows, if you’d pay extra. Wich said ridiculous!

But... as stated elsewhere multiple times:
    The gem store is ok, for some fancy stuff, if this fancy stuff (or comparable stuff) can be otherwise obtained ingame, too.
    And no: The pricing is way too high for a normal frood with a job and familiec to even come into the range of exchanging gold to gems. So you are forced to spend cash, if – and we’ve been there too – we can agree on the fact that customisation is a huge part of any RPG ever since!

@Coulter.2315 said:

@Matick.4132 said:
    I heard about a new mount on the store and thought: 'Nah, with all the backlash lately, they just aren't... oh boy, they are!'

I really don't enjoy playing the game right now anymore. I was really looking forward to LS4, but after this I didn't even bother to look into the story or even travel to the new areas. Yeah I might be a little emotional on this …

>

You seem to have too much of your happiness dependent on gemstore items, I mean if not buying a gemstore skin today ruined your day then you might have an issue. The mount is over priced for me, I won't buy it, you need to relax.

First: maybe. But as stated, I’m a bit emotional on that topic, but this isn’t about the item itself.

It’s not that this pony item ruinied my day, it was the lack of respect to us players.

That they simply go on with the BS like all this backlash never happend. Like they just don’t give a >>> pls. insert swearword of your choice <<< on what’s going on!

• Cynz.9437Cynz.9437 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't want to pay the price, don't pay it. Simple as it is.
    Besides it is just a skin, pixels really that will be uninteresting within a month or so. It is not necessary for the actual gameplay.

GW is P2Win. We are always lied to.

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

Could you pls elaborate more on your reply? thx

The comparison isn’t far fetched.
    So Hollywood AAA titles – for the sake of the argument I use the same nomenclature for blockbusters – do charge a bit more for 30min of ‘extended screenplay’ or ‘IMAX’ version of their films, but it’s nothing compared to ‘microtransactions’ in games.

Hollywood found ways to substantially fund their multimillion dollar productions, without getting onto their fans as much as the games industry lately. They use product placement – though debatable too – as one way to do that, or fundraising, or merch, or licensing... etc. pp. there are more ways out there, than microtransactions wich is a shady euphemism to be honest, when you look at the numbers!

Yesterday, dunno wich company was it, a mayor car maker stated that there are indeed ways to ‘monetise the driving experience’ more. So for example: paying a 24hrs fee for extended head lights when you need to make a nightly road trip, instead of your normal way of driving inside the city. (I’m not kidding, google it. Just can’t remember it right now!)

So I can go as far out as saying that these gem-store practices can be compared to your car company giving you access to a functioning windows, if you’d pay extra. Wich said ridiculous!

But... as stated elsewhere multiple times:
    The gem store is ok, for some fancy stuff, if this fancy stuff (or comparable stuff) can be otherwise obtained ingame, too.
    And no: The pricing is way too high for a normal frood with a job and familiec to even come into the range of exchanging gold to gems. So you are forced to spend cash, if – and we’ve been there too – we can agree on the fact that customisation is a huge part of any RPG ever since!

Merchandising and licensing for hollywood movies are the equivalent of microtransaction, as are the snacks sold in the theater.

Even so, my point was that you were comparing GW2, which charges $50 for, potentially, thousands ot hours of use, to movies, for which we are exlected to pay $7.50 per hour. If GW2 were to match its pricing to that of a major blockbuster one might be expected to pay (some people speak of many thousands of hours of play time) tens of thousands of dollars.

And no one is forced to spend real money on gems. I dont know what a "frood" is, but I have a job and a family and have the ability, if I choose, to convert gold to gems to buy what I want from the gemstore.

"Ever since," what?

• Personally I don't like the skin anyway, so won't be buying it because of that. But if a mount skin I wanted and liked (shiba!), was available for 2000 gems then I'd probably buy it (I'd probably split the funding as 50% from gold and 50% from actual money).

2000 gems for a skin is a bit steep, but I appreciate the work that goes into them (even on the skins that I don't like), and I would much rather have this price model, rather than having to gamble for a skin which could potentially end up costing 9000-10000 gems to get, and leave me with a bunch of surplus skins which have no trade value, or use to me whatsoever. Any skins that come out in stupid RNG boxes are something I'll never get because I'm not going to be prepared to potentially throw 9-10k of gems out for one skin, so in that case 2000 gems for a skin to me is a good price, as if a skin comes out that I like, then I know exactly what it will cost me, and I'll be able to get it without playing the game of RNG which could cost 5x that amount.

• @Ayumi Spender.1082 said:
    Actually... has anyone seen anybody in that new raptor skin? Except for the Dulfy video, I haven't seen anyone with it.
    That Mecha Ram Jackal I've seen at least like... maybe 5 or so people total with it since it's release.

I was gaming all day yesterday in GW2, mostly in the new LS4 (so everyone playing had PoF and mounts) and didn't see the new skin once.

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

@Nikal.4921 said:

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@Kate Soulguard.7132 said:

The price is insane. I'm not spending another dime of real money in the gemstore.

Respectfully, if we spend our gems on lower-priced items, that will show ANet what we're interested in. I buy discounted items a lot, bought the Spooky Day mounts pack (5 skins for 1600 gems), for example.

Between the RNG and overpriced mount skins, I had pretty much decided I was going to stick with purchasing discounted store items (I, too, purchased the Spooky mount bundle). To show what I think of as prices on the more reasonable end. That gem store has been feeling a little crazy lately what with the mount skins and those overpriced bundles.

Yeah! I bought 2 Storage expansions last week, but i'm not touching any of the other stuff until i see changes. Also, i can't in good faith advise my friends to play GW2 anymore, they know that something i praise is usually fair microtransactions, and right now, GW2's gem store is getting a bit greedy for my taste.

@PopeUrban.2578 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:
    Quick math lesson.

2000 gems buys 16 Black chest keys, which should provide 1 or 2 Black Lion claim tickets.

How is a guaranteed mount skin that much different?

It isn't. Both of these things are overpriced. One of them is an overpriced direct transaction, and the other is an overpriced loot box that drops 1/10 of an item.

Actually IT IS. I have 13 Black lion keys on my inventory, i used 16 on PoF release, and didn't buy any of those. You can easily earn keys ingame, but you can't earn mount skins in-game.

This is the major problem with guild wars and why it fails to keep a lot of players motivated. They constantly channel all the stuff that could be used as cool in-game rewards towards the gem store and black lion chests. And the majority of the rest of the comparable stuff are gated behind gold-sinks. There's really not many in-game rewards that can't be used by arena net as a source of income.
    IE The Griffon: Gem prices plummeted at the launch of PoF, sure a part of that would have been from the influx of Gems from Ultimate editions, but i'm willing to bet that people buying gold from gems was also a major contributing factor.

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Danikat.8537 said:

• Option 1: Gamble for skins at a slightly discounted price of 400 gems each. You may get something you like cheaply, or something you hate and feel you wasted the money, or something that's just ok.
    • Option 2: Buy a bundle for 2,000 gems (400 each). No choice but no RNG either.
    • Option 3: Pay more to choose specific skins - you're absolutely guaranteed to get the one you pick and only have to pay for that, but it will cost more.
    • Option 4: Buy a premium skin at a premium price.

If the mount releases had all four of these available for a given skin, I could support elevated gem costs. And the adoption license wouldn't feel so exploitative.

Admittedly, 400 gems ($5) is a bit much for a randomized mount skin, but if that's the RNG Discount when the other skins are released for higher (say 600-700 for reskins, 1200 for more elaborate/unique ones), while their individual offers are available at a static price for a limited time, and there may be a discount package available, then I would be okay with it. These 2000-gem skins ought to be simultaneously introduced into the adoption model.
    Because choices are good.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

i feel like they just used the license to give out their mount skins they barely worked on and want to get the highest proce possible for a skin they had to rework, not that it makes the skin any more worth it.
    for now Anet needs to wake up, i work in a second hand store and the one way to sell many is to price stuff at a reasonable price.
    you can sell one table for 50 euros or sell 5 for 20 euros, all together makes profit.
    if Anet does the same then their profit would go allot higher, plenty of prove in the world that this tactic works every single time.

• I honestly don't give a kitten of mount skins. It's the most useless thing in this game. It doesn't change game mechanics or experience, and I will never understand why people are so upset about this useless kitten when we just got a new area, new fractal, new raid, new story for free. Are you really that immature? I really start to think that a part of the GW2 community is just whiny little babies.
    You like it, buy it, you don't like it, don't buy it. Vote with your kitten wallet.

• Why didn't they just make a actual Peacock instead of a Raptor/Peacock. Seems a bit pricy for a skin using the same model as the base skin and then just making a few changes on it. :/

Could you (Anet) actually try to make a skin not using the same model of the base skins, thank you. :/

And could you also give the base skins 4 dye channels, thank you. :/

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

Since the beginning of RPGs!

Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

• Loosifah.4738Loosifah.4738 Member ✭✭✭

This peacock raptor is ugly

• ReaverKane.7598ReaverKane.7598 Member ✭✭✭✭

@CaboSoul.1204 said:
    Why didn't they just make a actual Peacock instead of a Raptor/Peacock. Seems a bit pricy for a skin using the same model as the base skin and then just making a few changes on it. :/

Could you (Anet) actually try to make a skin not using the same model of the base skins, thank you. :/

And could you also give the base skins 4 dye channels, thank you. :/

Because of the masteries. Unlike other games where mounts are pretty much just movement tools. In GW2 they're tied to masteries, and such. So they can't really create new mounts on a whim, so they're sold as only skins.
    Which is one of the reasons why mounts on other MMORPGs can be sold at higher apparent values, because they're actual individual items, not a skin for another item.
    In the end it's the exact same thing, but perception of value is different.

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)

Sorry, it looked as if you had forgotten to finish the sentence so I sought clarification.

The earliest RPGs had little customization, other than the ability to describe your character however you liked. But it is a much bigger aspect of the genre today. Which is wby monetizing it works. It allows people to pay for what they want while minimizing the requirement to pay for what they dont. I buy the cosmetics that appeal to me and ignore those that dont.

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

you have never played zelda have you......

@Ashen.2907 said:

Merchandising and licensing for hollywood movies are the equivalent of microtransaction, as are the snacks sold in the theater.

Even so, my point was that you were comparing GW2, which charges $50 for, potentially, thousands ot hours of use, to movies, for which we are exlected to pay $7.50 per hour. If GW2 were to match its pricing to that of a major blockbuster one might be expected to pay (some people speak of many thousands of hours of play time) tens of thousands of dollars.

And no one is forced to spend real money on gems. I dont know what a "frood" is, but I have a job and a family and have the ability, if I choose, to convert gold to gems to buy what I want from the gemstore.

• The last one: dunno how you spend your days, I don't know you, but I can't spend 2hrs or more grinding gold everyday. And to be honest, no one likes grinding anyway.

• A frood needs to be googled, it's a very secretive cult! ^^

To the micro/hollywood thingy.
    Hey, if you tell it like this. Then everything in the world of capitalism becomes a microtransaction. Hell it's a euphemism nowadays anyway.
    And in your math you leave 'scaling' out of the equation and make it sound like a few ppl are caring the major investment needed to produce a multimillion dollar production. Scaling is why the whale theory blossomed so much.
    But you can do intelligent scaling and you can do stupid scaling, the latter one is when you let the cash department run your business rather then the creative one, but this is a whole topic on it's own.

Back to the comparison:
    It's not 50$. If we're talking fans, then we're talking up to 80$ payed for the 'fan editions' with every expansion, too. That's scaling.
    And again, some merch, even digital merch like skins and stuff bought through the gemshop, too. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with overpriced stuff that you can only obtain in the gemshop and not getting such kind via hard earned achievements or loot from a slayed dragon or so – and especially you can derail my mood when we're talking Lootboxes. ;)

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:
    Well.. hate to say we told ya so to all those whining about the adopt licence system.. you had the opportunity to buy skins over a period of time for 400 gems each safe in the knowledge that you would never get duplicates and an increasing chance to get the skin you most desired out of the packs.
    Now it seems increasingly likely that all were going to see is a constant stream of high price skins of no better quality than what the packs offered...

2000 gems for a single skin is simply crazy silly, so yeah like others have said... I will do my talking with my wallet.

Enjoy!

There's no basis for any of this. First, for practical purposes, what was offered was spending an average of probably a couple of thousand gems to get the skin you want, not 400. Next, there's no reason to believe that we're about to get a 'constant stream of high price skins'. My guess is the next package will be winters day skins comparable to the Holloween ones.

If everyone just waits, I'm betting that a year from now there will be all kinds of skins available, at varying price ranges.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

And you probably didn't play Diablo or any other RPG?!
    That's whataboutism, sry.
    So, you don't know me, so don't make any false assumptions on what I've played or not. ;)

And: Yes, of course you'll find examples of any kind of style, but the majority is about individualism and reliving the story through your character.
    That's why it is so much fun to do role-play, isn't it? :)

@Matick.4132 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

So, you don't know me, so don't make any false assumptions on what I've played or not. ;)

And: Yes, of course you'll find examples of any kind of style, but the majority is about individualism and reliving the story through your character.

that's not the point, you state that customization is THE most vital part of any RPG which is false.
    i used zelda as example because you can't customize anything at all yet it remains an RPG, customization is just a part of new RPG's.

FYI, i have played diablo, i played plenty of RPG's to know the difference.

• @sorudo.9054 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

Still don't get why people still call Zelda an RPG when it's not.

• alcopaul.2156alcopaul.2156 Member ✭✭✭

i hope they will have an actual horse re skin for raptors and i will buy it even if its 4000 gems.

Your Math Tèacher [MATH]
    Digital Headhuntaz [aBrA]

• Agreed we need to let our wallets do the talking. I'm sure they are pricing these based on what they feel the market will bear. If enough people buy these skins at 2000 gems a piece, we as a community are proving to them that the market will bear that price and the practice will continue.

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

• The last one: dunno how you spend your days, I don't know you, but I can't spend 2hrs or more grinding gold everyday. And to be honest, no one likes grinding anyway.

• A frood needs to be googled, it's a very secretive cult! ^^

To the micro/hollywood thingy.
    Hey, if you tell it like this. Then everything in the world of capitalism becomes a microtransaction. Hell it's a euphemism nowadays anyway.
    And in your math you leave 'scaling' out of the equation and make it sound like a few ppl are caring the major investment needed to produce a multimillion dollar production. Scaling is why the whale theory blossomed so much.
    But you can do intelligent scaling and you can do stupid scaling, the latter one is when you let the cash department run your business rather then the creative one, but this is a whole topic on it's own.

Back to the comparison:
    It's not 50$. If we're talking fans, then we're talking up to 80$ payed for the 'fan editions' with every expansion, too. That's scaling.
    And again, some merch, even digital merch like skins and stuff bought through the gemshop, too. I don't have a problem with that. I have a problem with overpriced stuff that you can only obtain in the gemshop and not getting such kind via hard earned achievements or loot from a slayed dragon or so – and especially you can derail my mood when we're talking Lootboxes. ;)

I worked 60 hours last week. 75 the week before. I expect 50-60 hours per week for the rest of the year. I also have other time intensive hobbies, and a disabled wife to care for. I do not farm 2 hours every day. I dont really have time to farm if I am going to have time to play the game. I rarely grind, and rarely buy gems with real money. I play the game for fun, trade gold for gems periodically, and buy what I like from the gemstore. I suppose if I wanted everything in the gemstore Id have to buy more gems.

But that is the beauty of this system. I pay for what I like. I get to avoid paying for what I dislike. Sure some of these transactions are not very micro, but this game is still a much better entertainment bargain than hollywood movies. In order to get a similar number of hours of entertainment out of seeing movies in the theater as I have from GW2 it would cost me between 20 and 30 thousand dollars. And the movie theaters would try to sell me add-ons, in the form of souvenirs and snacks, to ehnance my enjoyment of the movies.

I am right there with you when it comes to gamble boxes. Hate them.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

"Ever since," what?

that's not the point, you state that customization is THE most vital part of any RPG which is false.
    i used zelda as example because you can't customize anything at all yet it remains an RPG, customization is just a part of new RPG's.

FYI, i have played diablo, i played plenty of RPG's to know the difference.

You can read it again up there, or down below:

'Customising your character is one of THE most vital parts of any role play. Whether it be P&P, LARP or our beloved MMORPGs. :)'

Pls read thoroughly before fronting. thx :)

@Ashen.2907 said:
    I worked 60 hours last week. 75 the week before. I expect 50-60 hours per week for the rest of the year. I also have other time intensive hobbies, and a disabled wife to care for. I do not farm 2 hours every day. I dont really have time to farm if I am going to have time to play the game. I rarely grind, and rarely buy gems with real money. I play the game for fun, trade gold for gems periodically, and buy what I like from the gemstore. I suppose if I wanted everything in the gemstore Id have to buy more gems.

But that is the beauty of this system. I pay for what I like. I get to avoid paying for what I dislike. Sure some of these transactions are not very micro, but this game is still a much better entertainment bargain than hollywood movies. In order to get a similar number of hours of entertainment out of seeing movies in the theater as I have from GW2 it would cost me between 20 and 30 thousand dollars. And the movie theaters would try to sell me add-ons, in the form of souvenirs and snacks, to ehnance my enjoyment of the movies.

Word! to the last one... AND this Hollywood kitten. I still think it's a good example, but as always in life there's always more than one way to look at something! :)

But seriously, how to you make enough gold with that amount of time left in your days, to even exchange a reasonable amount of gold into gems, to actually buy something for 2000gems or so?

@Matick.4132 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:

Word! to the last one... AND this Hollywood kitten. I still think it's a good example, but as always in life there's always more than one way to look at something! :)

But seriously, how to you make enough gold with that amount of time left in your days, to even exchange a reasonable amount of gold into gems, to actually buy something for 2000gems or so?

I sell crafting mats (and trade my laurels for tier 6)

I save gold for when I really want something.

I pay at least some attention to what my crafting mats are worth so as to make decent selling decisions.

Sometimes (rarely) I speculate. I saw mithril hit an all time low and knew a new legendary was coming so I stopped selling (and actually bought some) so as to make more gold when the price recovered (somewhat).

Fractals is decent gold (I dont farm Fractals, but I do enjoy playing them).

There are plenty of days where I dont do more than dailies. Other days I may be able to play for a couple of hours. Days off, when I get them, can mean more time for the game.

• @orenwolf.1953 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:
    ~ MO
    What support don't you get it you've lost mine permanently because of your greedy $25.00 a skin fiasco...!

Can I have your stuff?

I'm sorry you can't afford the Gucci bag of the GW2 world, but I for one would like to continue seeing content created and MO has made it clear this pricing makes it possible. I'm sure there are other games out there where you can get every single cosmetic item for free or cheaply. I wish you the best of luck in them (but I still want your stuff!)

Lol, hey fruit of the loom I stated he lost my financial support, not that I was leaving. The point of all this is if you missed it, is that by asking for $25.00 he's not only insulting me but he's also insulting the whole player base. You do realize a skin like this is $4.00 less than the whole expansion. Oh and by the way I can afford it many times many, I bought the last one that replaces the jackal but there comes a time when you have to say, no I won't enough is enough and you have to tell a company like Anet with all due respect go suck an egg. :o

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.