Unable to open chests in home instance — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Unable to open chests in home instance

Just patched the update, was outside my (Hoelbrak) home instance, so figgured I'd hit the chests before starting on the new content.. They all say I need a (XXX) to open them.. I have stacks of all in my inventory. They are in my safe box bag, which was never an issue before, but I did move them out of it, still says I need them to open. This is on Crystallized supply cache, exalted chest, and airship cargo. All think I don't have the required keys. I did restart client also. I haven't tried the actual zone ones, or other home instances, so can't say if it's localized or not. Just figgured I'd post the issue.

Comments

• costepj.5120costepj.5120 Member ✭✭✭

There's a new keyring function (yay!). You need to consume your keys to add to the keyring (wallet) before you can use them.

So long and thanks for all the Skritt

• Have you consumed the keys to be part of the new wallet currencies? They might have disabled them while they are items in your inventory.

• Zionka.6897Zionka.6897 Member ✭✭✭

oh duh, so sorry, had no idea... I always read release notes too, haha.. Not this time obviously, nevermind

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@Zionka.6897 said:
    Just patched the update, was outside my (Hoelbrak) home instance, so figgured I'd hit the chests before starting on the new content.. They all say I need a (XXX) to open them.. I have stacks of all in my inventory. They are in my safe box bag, which was never an issue before, but I did move them out of it, still says I need them to open. This is on Crystallized supply cache, exalted chest, and airship cargo. All think I don't have the required keys. I did restart client also. I haven't tried the actual zone ones, or other home instances, so can't say if it's localized or not. Just figgured I'd post the issue.

Same here.

_The HoT chests will NOT open. _

All others, for me, did.

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@atheria.2837 said:

@Zionka.6897 said:

Same here.

_The HoT chests will NOT open. _

All others, for me, did.

And an aside, the formatting isn't working for markdown. I didn't make a mistake, I hit a button that doesn't work.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

How many others do you have in home instance should be bandit chest only right?

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.