Gift of desert mastery

Malediktus.9250

@Drecien.4508 said:Probably will add a vendor to retro it. Or mail it out. Today alot of people got a mail from anet in game that said here are your items but the mail was empty. They will fix it. I would suggest posting in the bug forums for better visibility. Hope this helps.

Pretty sure that is just for the new episode.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:Probably will add a vendor to retro it. Or mail it out. Today alot of people got a mail from anet in game that said here are your items but the mail was empty. They will fix it. I would suggest posting in the bug forums for better visibility. Hope this helps.

It is, they said the mail was not supposed to be sent, they only send that mail if you buy the episode later, not when you recieve it for free.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@Khisanth.2948 said:

It is, they said the mail was not supposed to be sent, they only send that mail if you buy the episode later, not when you recieve it for free.

Well it is not the first time it has done that for a new episode.

@Drecien.4508 said:Probably will add a vendor to retro it. Or mail it out. Today alot of people got a mail from anet in game that said here are your items but the mail was empty. They will fix it. I would suggest posting in the bug forums for better visibility. Hope this helps.probably no vendor since it is for map completions and anet does not want you to do just 1 completion and then be done with it

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Drecien.4508 said:Probably will add a vendor to retro it. Or mail it out. Today alot of people got a mail from anet in game that said here are your items but the mail was empty. They will fix it. I would suggest posting in the bug forums for better visibility. Hope this helps.probably no vendor since it is for map completions and anet does not want you to do just 1 completion and then be done with it

Except for HoT, you just needed to complete one completion of each map. Why would they (a) make people do it again and (b) hamstring folks who don't have tons of alts?

BUMP

ANET, like many people have posted...

I have a character that has ALREADY DONE 100% of the Crystal Desert Map completion. I was expecting today when I entered each of the maps with this character that I would be automatically and immediately awarded that map's respective "Gift" (Gift of the Oasis, a Gift of the Highlands, a Gift of the Riverlands, and a Gift of the Desolation). However, I was not. :disappointed:

Is there some other method, i.e. - do a repeatable Heart Event or Hero Point to trigger the above maps to award their Gifts?

Please advise. Thank you.

6TmIwiH.jpg

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:There are gifts now, from the map completions? I think I missed this memo somwhere. I will have to go check assorted characters now. I have PoF completion on my ele, and I think i have assorted maps completed on an assortment of other characters. This could get messy....

It feels like an oversight, after the method that HoT had. I was definitely expecting a map completion item per map, though with 5 maps instead of 4, maybe that's why they didn't go with that method this time?

@Rauderi.8706 said:

@LanfearShadowflame.3189 said:There are gifts now, from the map completions? I think I missed this memo somwhere. I will have to go check assorted characters now. I have PoF completion on my ele, and I think i have assorted maps completed on an assortment of other characters. This could get messy....

It feels like an oversight, after the method that HoT had. I was definitely expecting a map completion item per map, though with 5 maps instead of 4, maybe that's why they didn't go with that method this time?

Nah, according to the Wiki, Arena Net went full toxic, and you need The Gift of Maguuma Mastery to finish the legendary.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

I'd had that thought to some extent; however, I didn't see a 'need' for them at the time, so I figured that's why they didn't exist. Do we have anything that requires such a gift? Gen 3 legendaries (assuming we get a Gen 3) might, I suppose. All of the Gen 2 ones "should" be bound to HoT completion, and I believe the new focus does continue this (requiring the Maguuma Gift) , despite that you need to own PoF to access LS4 (boy aint that just screwy).

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Nah, according to the Wiki, Arena Net went full toxic, and you need The Gift of Maguuma Mastery to finish the legendary.

The Wiki hasn't been fully updated yet.Per the release notes...

**11/28/2017 - Late Notes***

Items•A new item, Gift of Desert Mastery, has been added to allow crafting legendary weapons by playing in Path of Fire™ maps.

• The following weapons can be created with the new gift: Flames of War, Sharur, Shooshadoo, the HMS Divinity, the Shining Blade, and future legendary weapons that are part of this set.
  • Legendary tributes can now be purchased from various vendors in Path of Fire maps.

Source: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/17996/game-release-notes-november-28-2017#latest

@Krypto.2069 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

*11/28/2017 - Late Notes***

Items•A new item, Gift of Desert Mastery, has been added to allow crafting legendary weapons by playing in Path of Fire™ maps.
  • The following weapons can be created with the new gift: Flames of War, Sharur, Shooshadoo, the HMS Divinity, the Shining Blade, and future legendary weapons that are part of this set.
  • Legendary tributes can now be purchased from various vendors in Path of Fire maps.

Source:

Nice!They did the smart thing!

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Nah, according to the Wiki, Arena Net went full toxic, and you need The Gift of Maguuma Mastery to finish the legendary.According to what Anet said, there are two recipes for the non-collection 2nd gen legends now, one utilizing gifts from HoT, one using gifts from PoF.Most likely wiki has no data about the second set of recipes yet.

Still, not giving those gifts retroactively is a massive oversight. I hope this will get fixed soon.

@Krypto.2069 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Rauderi.8706 said:

*11/28/2017 - Late Notes***

Source:

Interesting. Hadn't seen that as yet.

@Zaron.1987 said:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7ge6rp/psa_gift_of_the_desert/

nvm anet added it :)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_the_DesertWow so we have to pay 115k karma for something we basically already earned and it is only once per account, so if you completed a map multiple times you are screwed. Anet never ceases to suprise me (in a negative way).

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Zaron.1987 said:

nvm anet added it :)

Wow so we have to pay 115k karma for something we basically already earned and it is only once per account, so if you completed a map multiple times you are screwed. Anet never ceases to suprise me (in a negative way).

Nah its 115k for ALL players also when you finish the map tomorrow . you dont get the gift when you do the map now . So all have to pay 115k which is fair and after 5 years also nothing!thats fine

and also reddit is wrong as so often peeps there dont check before writing!

you can get the gift with EVERY char you completed the map!

proof: myself: have

i also blame anet often but this time its not fair

its a good solution for all!

Still does not make sense. Why do I get the HoT map gifts for free when completing the map, but the PoF maps which take more time per map cost me extra. The map completion rewards were lackluster anyway.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Funerary_IncenseAlso this seems to have a timegate. 50 days of timegate (25 if you take both options). So the desert gift is less useful in every way.

Archived