In your opinion, what new elites will be (almost) useless in PVE?

Pirindolo.9427

From a meta perspective:Deadeye, > self explanatory, a build for PvP/WvWSoulbeast, > seems to slow to produce any high numbers.Spellbreaker, > Counter-class for WvW and PvP

TL;DREles will always be viable in every content because someone at ArenaNet keeps them that way. Whereas other classes fall behind drastically in producing numbers.

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:From a meta perspective:Deadeye, > self explanatory, a build for PvP/WvWSoulbeast, > seems to slow to produce any high numbers.Spellbreaker, > Counter-class for WvW and PvP

TL;DREles will always be viable in every content because someone at ArenaNet keeps them that way. Whereas other classes fall behind drastically in producing numbers.

The word "viable" means "usable" which does not imply "fun to use"; not everybody likes to play a healer and not everybody wants to play a 11k HP full zerker build for raids, so I wonder what is left for them

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:From a meta perspective:Deadeye, > self explanatory, a build for PvP/WvWSoulbeast, > seems to slow to produce any high numbers.Spellbreaker, > Counter-class for WvW and PvP

The word "viable" means "usable" which does not imply "fun to use"; not everybody likes to play a healer and not everybody wants to play a 11k HP full zerker build for raids, so I wonder what is left for them

Theoretically any class in zerk/vipers can be viable, but meta demands optimal.

Renegade damage was too low for endgame raiding unless its buffed. Its animations look good though it at least is playable.Spellbreaker pvp class all the way feel bad for warriors in pve.Soulbeast who wants to play a melee ranger.I'm a ranger but I have no ranged skills like seriously.I thought daggers would throw daggers or projectiles from distance I hope you rangers like druid spec for a few more years unless something changes.

Weaver has great potential to squeeze nice dmg, fast bursts, and good self-sustain skills (like barriers and regens).

OP is right that it is harder to play than the other professions but it is also very fun, especially d/d and sw/d builds.

Spell breaker won't find the optimal warrior setup for pve, for sure.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:I think Scourge will be fine as condi DPS and support. The AoE condi damage seems to be massive.

You forget that most of the scourge specific abilities are based on boon corruption. Boons that are not present in 99% of today's PVE mobs.

Only the new utility skills. You still can use corruptions or wells, spectral skills or minions.

@mazut.4296 said:

@Pirindolo.9427 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:I think Scourge will be fine as condi DPS and support. The AoE condi damage seems to be massive.

You forget that most of the scourge specific abilities are based on boon corruption. Boons that are not present in 99% of today's PVE mobs.

Only the new utility skills. You still can use corruptions or wells, spectral skills or minions.

Sure, but if you are not playing sccourge abilities, you will be playing a core necro with some pof flavor and its merry static pets

I am determined to have a good time with Spellbreaker in PvE! Warrior is my main and has always been my favorite. That being said, I truly hope I don't spend all my time begging passing players to res me lol. I didn't have the opportunity to test any of the builds but I can't help feeling that a sniper will be a difficult spec to use in some mob heavy PvE content in regards to Deadeye. Based on what I've read on the forums, whether it is useful in PvE or not, the Renegade will fall by the wayside since most seem to not care for it.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

I dont like to play a healer but I'd damn sure rather play a game with them than without them.

Spellbreaker takes top slot, like the Scrapper of HoT they are PVP specific and in PVE serve no benefit.Depending on balance changes Scourge could be next since the boon corruption with solid dps won't be tolerated for long. PvP balance will bleed into PVE balance and that will limit the effectiveness of the class. They were already calling for nerfs from the demo.Soulbeast I was hoping would be better, but in most respects so far seems to be the typical ranger left behind. You can't pet swap in beast mode meaning you're stuck with a certain set of beast skill until you leave and reenter beastmode.Deadeye will struggle for it's static stance will limit effectiveness in dps especially when Malice needs to charge up to do any real damage.Weaver for all it's utility the added complication of changing skills on the fly will hamstring it's effectiveness.

@SaraGreen.2345 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@DakotaCoty.5721 said:From a meta perspective:Deadeye, > self explanatory, a build for PvP/WvW

I think deadeye will be great in pve its damage output should easily keep up. Its the best all around class in Pof it looks like.

Ewww no, as a Thief main for years deadeye is an abomination that should never of been.

Holosmith is the best all round. Great in PvP/WvW, and most likely great in PvE damage numbers

Archived