Axes of Symmetry and Infinite Horizon should be baseline

Conncept.7638

As per the title, the entire idea around the Mirage specialization is that your defense is in getting lost among your clones, with the ability to have them more accurately copy your movements and move between them unseen. Yet the mirage can only do those two things, if you are wielding a specific weapon with a specific GM trait.

Axes of Symmetry should be changed in to an F5 skill that shadowsteps you and all your clones to random points around your target within the range of your equipped weapon. In spite of its placement it would not be considered a shatter. It should obviously be renamed but I have no idea to what.

Infinite Horizon should be rolled in to Mirage Cloak, so that you can choose to dodge when you or your clones are being hit, in order to maintain confusion as to which is which.

@Zenith.7301 said:Axes of symmetry needs to be baseline for illusions, period.

Mesmer is the one class that loses all DPS as soon as they target switch because of the 3 phantasm ramp up and illusions dying when a target dies.

I not only agree but have made the same suggestion for years, but it's not going to happen. Fixing the non-functional base classes doesn't make any money, selling expansions with elite spec changes that give the base classes what they've needed to function all along does.

One of the earliest suggestions for mesmers that I can recall was making only one of the F1-F4 skills into a shatter that would essentially be a combination of Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration. And then the remaining F2-F4 skills would allow you to target your illusions, shuffle between them, and grant you and your illusions distortion. Which is essentially what they've done with the mirage, except without eliminating the shatters.

Yeah so should chronophantasma. ;)

It's a shame that mirage and chrono are providing separate fixes for core mesmer issues but that still leaves either one lacking (and core mesmer in the same situation). Though Chrono has better synergy with class mechanic (ie shattering and illusions).

However I really don't want an F5 with mirage - I like that mirage only has the standard number of four F skills (although do agree that it would have been nice to see them changed to Illusion command skills similar to ranger pet F2 skills). I like the flexibility of having an extra key space to move my keybinds around with - I like to duplicate keybinds for comfort.

Edit: though I 100% agree with baseline Infinite Horizon - it's the single thing I'm hoping to see happen come next friday. Would like to see it take the place of grandmaster minor trait and merge superspeed on cloak into adept minor trait.

Archived