Legendary Ring. Why is there no outrage?

DanAlcedo.3281

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashantara.8731 said:Why would anyone "explode" over this? HoT legendaries are also only accessible to HoT owners, so there is nothing wrong with PoF legendaries to be accessible only to people who have invested money to buy this expansion.

Kill 10(!) Raid Bosses to unlock is the problem here.

Raiders : where do all the noobs come from?Noobs : we want the ringRaiders : you dont care about the game mode right?Noob : no and why should i?Raiders : Thx anet.

Oh! Can we get a WvW Leg. Trinket thats need hours and hours of grind? Me as a WvW Player would LOOOOOVE even more pip farmer.

Look, no matter how much you hate raids, if you have the gold to craft a leg ring, then you have the gold to flat out buy a raid boss kill if you are too lazy to gear up and train to get a kill yourself. I don't really see what the problem is here, considering that the main bonus of this is an aura (probably, though it might not have an aura who knows yet?).

@OriOri.8724 said:Look, no matter how much you hate raids, if you have the gold to craft a leg ring, then you have the gold to flat out buy a raid boss kill.Buying kills is not something that should be promoted.

@FogLeg.9354 said:Getting Ascended trinkets is so easy and Leg only adds some visual effects.

The stat-changing QoL is also worthwhile.

And as for it being raid-locked: is the raid population going down too fast, Anet, or what?

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:Look, no matter how much you hate raids, if you have the gold to craft a leg ring, then you have the gold to flat out buy a raid boss kill.Buying kills is not something that should be promoted.

@FogLeg.9354 said:Getting Ascended trinkets is so easy and Leg only adds some visual effects.

The stat-changing QoL is also worthwhile.

And as for it being raid-locked: is the raid population going down too fast, Anet, or what?

Whether you think it should be promoted or not doesn't change the fact that requiring a raid boss kill is not blocking the leg ring from anyone that can afford it. If you can afford it, then you can afford a boss kill, regardless of whether you personally agree with that method or not.

Legendary items are for Legendary people IMO.

What does this mean? It means that people put time and effort into grinding whatever they have to grind to get the Legendary shinies. Simple as that or we would all be running around with legendary items.

Personally I do not own a single legendary item. I have no desire to put the effort into it. I play to play and though I wish I could have some of those Legendary items I just can't focus my time towards it so...... I don't have one. No issue.

Instanced content has always been a weak point in GW2, so it's no surprise to hear that people want to avoid it. Even moreso games like WildStar that are all about raiding are dieing off fast, people just aren't interested in hobbies being a full time commitment anymore. GW2 started off as the beacon for casual self paced gameplay, maybe Anet should consider adding OWPvE routes since that's the one aspect of the game that's been pretty solid from day one.

As a person who raided since day 1 and who had all needed material for legendary set even before they introduced it (yes, I crafted the legendary armor first 10 minutes after release) I can tell you that I am very very dissapointed. I plan to do the new wing for the story, but I would have like if the legendary world was locked behind the maps of LS4, like Aurora was for LS3. My engi has all possible legendary items at this moment and I will do the same for ring too, but I still will never agree with all this locking accesorries behind raid. Raids had their legendary armor, Story maps should have had their legendary trinkets.

Archived