Poison Master must be improved or leave grandmaster tier

leasm.1279

I enjoy using spreadsheets to come with build calculations. And this math below is what is bugging me now:

• Hidden Barbs: Master trait that increases bleed by 33%. Bleed is the most common condi for Ranger, and this trait alone is responsible for a 10-13% dps increase.
  • Poison Master: Grandmaster that increases poison by 25%. Poison is secondary even if you run poison trap and vulture stance. This traits gives at most 5% dps increase. (won't talk about pet swapping)

I'd really like to see they reviewing those kind of bad grandmasters (there are a few more). As a start, they could rule that grandmasters focused on dps increase should, at least, give an overall 10% boost.

I doubt it believe it or not I think the main reason its held back from getting better is because poison also reduces healing by 33% and honestly between thieves and rangers have pretty high access to poison between shortbow and daggers even sword has it then add in pets and utility skills. Could make the argument though that thieves get a 33% trait in their grandmaster though.

@Wondrouswall.7169 said:

@Prophet.1584 said:wasn't this nerfed by anet at one point? if i remember correctly both the damage bonus and healing reduction where higher and it was pretty good.Yes. It used to be 50% poison damage increase and 1 poison stack (6s) applied by the new pet after swapping.

I was not plahing Ranger at that time, but 50% would make more sense. Even at 50% it would be weaker than Hidden Barbs anyway.

@Cufufalating.8479 said:I always thought it would be cool if instead of increasing the damage on poison it would increase the % heal reduction. It would be a bit awkward to balance with poison stacking now, but it could make the trait unique, useful, and a lot more interesting than just "Have more damage!"

It would, but I for one still wouldn't use it.

Archived