help about stats on ascended gear

Funkystuff.1563

So i was planing to get ascended gear from pvp ventors. and i would like to know if i am allowed to choose marauder stats although i got pof and not hot. Some exotic armors dont let you choose marauder stats if you dont have hot. so it it possible ?And another question: A guy told me that if i change the stats of pvp ascended gear in mystic forge i wont be able to make them legendary . Is this true?

Regarding the ascended gear from pvp vendors - I am fairly confident that it is not possible to pick the HOT stats without having the relevant expansion.

On the second question - I do not know the answer but would also like to find out.This may be something relevant in the future as it takes far more time to accumulate enough currency for materials to convert ascended pvp into legendary. During this time it could be necessary to edit stats as perhaps the meta changes.I would be rather disappointed if having reached a stage where it is possible to upgrade to legendary, I find that the "precursor" gear is unusable.

Archived