Stargazing...

Dondarrion.2748

There's a moon in every map. At dawn/dusk it'll move up into the sky (as will the sun), and it's pretty large. Honestly, its size would not surprise me if it were a gas giant and Tyria its lunar body.

In GW1, Halloween decorations turned the moon into the Mad Moon which the shield of the same name takes its appearance from (as well as the Bloody Prince's makeup).

Thanks, yes, think I've maybe forgot how the moon looks in maps earlier, but it felt natural to look up at the observatory and then the planet seemed so much bigger than what I thought I'd glimpsed before of the moon - plus I thought I could make out more details of its surface in the new map, but maybe that's just me.Would be interesting indeed if it is actually switched around; that we live on Tyria which is the moon to this other planet.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:There's a moon in every map. At dawn/dusk it'll move up into the sky (as will the sun), and it's pretty large. Honestly, its size would not surprise me if it were a gas giant and Tyria its lunar body.

In GW1, Halloween decorations turned the moon into the Mad Moon which the shield of the same name takes its appearance from (as well as the Bloody Prince's makeup).

Here's some wild speculation, But the moon is a Gas giant and its where the Mist is. Humans came from earth after climate changes destroyed it. The God's are Aliens!!! :astonished:

@nighthawke.3075 said:

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:There's a moon in every map. At dawn/dusk it'll move up into the sky (as will the sun), and it's pretty large. Honestly, its size would not surprise me if it were a gas giant and Tyria its lunar body.

Here's some wild speculation, But the moon is a Gas giant and its where the Mist is. Humans came from earth after climate changes destroyed it. The God's are Aliens!!! :astonished:

That's not entirely far fetched. The God were aliens for one. That also reminds me of the books of Pern where the people of Pern are descendants of humans from another world and eventually from Earth. Can't remember if there were a chain of worlds that linked them all together by ancestor. Never the less, it has been done in fantasy.

@Ronin.7381 said:

@nighthawke.3075 said:

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:There's a moon in every map. At dawn/dusk it'll move up into the sky (as will the sun), and it's pretty large. Honestly, its size would not surprise me if it were a gas giant and Tyria its lunar body.

That's not entirely far fetched. The God were aliens for one. That also reminds me of the books of Pern where the people of Pern are descendants of humans from another world and eventually from Earth. Can't remember if there were a chain of worlds that linked them all together by ancestor. Never the less, it has been done in fantasy.

The people of Pern were colonists from an interstellar empire who basically wanted to get away from it all and return to a simpler life, choosing Pern because it was a habitable world which lacked the resources to interest said empire (the name comes from an acronym of "parallels Earth, resources negligible"), although the colonists weren't intending to go all the way back to medieval technology as ends up happening. If you play connect-the-dots, a lot of McCaffrey's book serieses are set in the same universe even if they don't directly interact - I'm not sure about ALL of them, but there are definitely indications that Dinosaur Planet is set in the same universe as the Pern series.

Archived