Please delete Ventari Revenant

Liberis.9573

I think the Ventari elite skill needs either the following regarding PvP:

• ICD applied 8-10 seconds?
  • smaller KB radius
  • complete functionality rehaul (huge heal + daze instead of KB?)
  • force fragments to be dispersed further but more fragments to compensate?
  • slightly higher energy cost (60?)

Dunno but right now the spam-heavy nature of it is ludicrous.

I've only lost a single game to a bunker rev, and I was playing auramancer support. Any time I play my damage engie, I can manage these players fairly well. Although I do see how they have a little too much sustain. I would do two things.

1) Nerf healing orbs by 20% healing.2) Add 3-4 second cooldown to detonate.

I wouldn't do much else, especially with pof launching in a few days. Again, they are weak to cc and pressure. It kind of works out that my engie has rifle 4, and the ram knockback gadget. Along with elixir X, I find it a matter of avoiding projectile reflects and the one stack of stability they get on evade, and then you can decap them and cap the point... But you usually kill them by then. They can survive my damage by reflecting projectiles, but then they can't knock me back.

At least for me, I run a build that counters them, so I never notice much issue. I mean a bunker rev that can't stay on point is pretty dead weight on a team.

The knockback spam from Ventari is extremely annoying but beyond that the legend struggles to have purpose. I would like to see a small overhaul of all the skills to make it better as an actual support while significantly reducing its decap potential.

Energy Expulsion; I would revert the cost of the knock back to a flat energy cost of 30 which is equivalent to a cd of 6 seconds if nothing is done other than spam it and auto attack. It used to have an energy cost of 40 and was just generally never used, so I think bringing it to 30 would be a good median.

Natural Harmony and Purifying Essence should have their radii increased to 360. The most difficult thing about playing ventari as an actual healer is that the radius of these two skills is so tiny it can be almost impossible to heal erratically moving teammates in the heat of battle and unlike ele's 600 radius shouts, you can almost never heal more than one ally unless they are all stacked in a small area. 360 radius instead of the current 240 should help significantly while still requiring careful positioning of the tablet.

Ventari's Will: Cooldown reduced from 3 seconds to 2. This is the skill which allows movement of the tablet. Right now if you move the tablet to an area in anticipation of an ally going there, then they end up juking you and going a different direction, the 3 second cooldown feels like an eternity to try again at re positioning it. Going down to 2 seconds would help a lot given how fast paced and mobile this game's pvp can be.

Protective Solace (aka the bubble): Right now this is an extremely expensive upkeep for what it provides which is aoe projectile denial. However reducing the cost of this upkeep will allow one to provide permanent projectile destruction at the touch of a button which is not healthy. I would propose adding a small heal per second to all allies within the bubble to make it so that you can have reasonable projectile defense without giving up almost all healing.

Project Tranquility: This is the passive heal that ticks on players when they are next to Ventari's tablet. Currently it ticks once every 3 seconds which I would like to see reduced to every second as currently it is currently both awkward and extremely negligible. I would also like to see the radius increased to 360 like with NH and PE. This would allow ventari reliable sustained heals over time which it currently lacks seeing as most of its healing comes in the large burst of NH or the finicky and unreliable healing fragments.

Staff could also use a major overhaul as it was meant to be the complimentary healing weapon for Ventari yet it completely fails at this with the healing packets on the auto being extremely weak and unreliable while the staff 4 skill is far too long of a cast time/energy cost/cooldown for its tiny heal. Without staff working as an actual healing weapon heal rev healing drops to essentially 0 every time they swap out of Ventari.

I played a little with vantari, was pretty strong...the thing is that the gameplay is way to easy, dosent require do much skill to be effective with it...Anet must be carefull when(if) they nerf Ventari. Honestly the only problem with the legend is the knockback, been able to not only decap but get a full cap on point is to much. I guess the best solution to not totaly butcher the build is to give other form of cc, something like a stun or maybe a knockdown.

@Chapell.1346 said:Am not fond of a profession that lock behind paywall since i only tried and demo this one way back and i do not think nerf is needed. If i may ask, which Amulet this Tablet Revenant is using? Trailblazer? or Minstrel perhaps?

lol... neither of those amulets are in pvp.

rev requires & expac to play, so will always be paywall too lol.

i’m honestly surprised at how out of touch you are.

Archived