omg "Derior" is crazy!! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

omg "Derior" is crazy!!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deroir

I think Fractals should be for making money NOT spend it!!
Could you please remove the infusions costs +16 Agony Infusions is 1000 Gold!

Comments

• maxwelgm.4315maxwelgm.4315 Member ✭✭✭

This is supposed to be a very long term goal for the people who have been playing fractals, daily, for years. It's something you go for when there's nothing else (because you have already bought everything).

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭

In reddit Ben said these things are mostly for those who want to spend this much for the prestige of it. Its actually designed to not be attainable at all but for the very very few who are nuts enough to go for this.

• New fractal buffs & effects
    Deroirs buffs are intended as prestige; they are supposed to cost a lot and be largely unobtainable for most of us.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Deroir is a buff confirmed. He's so dreamy.

• savacli.8172savacli.8172 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 29, 2017

Throwing in my two copper,

Yes, the pricing it outrageous. But, as others have mentioned, Deroir was intended to be a currency dump for folks that have accumulated currency over the years. Personally, I don't have the Research journals, but I have just about everything else.

If you're like me and have several 150 AR toons you can take away their +9 infusions and craft them into the +11 and +x infusions you need for the unlocks. I was able to pull away a couple dozen +9's from my toon and get the permanent +10 AR to offset the +9's that I pulled. Only cost a handful of silver for the Thermal reagents and infusion extractors I needing to bind the infusions together. I'm sure I can do the same thing for the future upgrades, but at that point I'm likely looking at breaking out a spreadsheet if I want to avoid spending gold and instead just extra make use of what I have already. That or I guess I could buy the mega-infusions and them sell my excess infusions after the fact...but TP "tax".

But yeah, the account upgrades are supposed to be super long term if you weren't already hoarding the currency over the years.

• TheGrimm.5624TheGrimm.5624 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like close to unattainable goals, I am still taken a back that Yak Slapper was gutted too. But no having very long term goals is not a bad thing to work towards.

Envy the Madman his musing when Death comes to make fools of us all.
    De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.
    TheGrimm PoTBS/GW1/WAR/Rift/GW2/MWO/ESO/WoT/WoW/D2/HoTS/Civ6/CU/AoC

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

I wonder what would be deroir's price to make a mind spike or a fractal guide...

• OriOri.8724OriOri.8724 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Saniyah.1984 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deroir

I think Fractals should be for making money NOT spend it!!
    Could you please remove the infusions costs +16 Agony Infusions is 1000 Gold!

TBF if you have already bought up through mist attunement 3 then 1k gold is likely easy enough for you to acquire. Those 55 thousand fractal relics and 2k pristine relics will take far longer to obtain if you don't already have them.

Eyyyy I unlocked signatures

• The idea behind Deroir is to create a fractal sink that actually requires a lot! It's meant to be expensive that for there will be something to always go for. Furthermore: anet dev specifically said that fractal relics are not meant to be converted into gold. Creating abnormally large relic/pristine relic/matrix sink is the other solution.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.