omg "Derior" is crazy!!

Saniyah.1984

Throwing in my two copper,

Yes, the pricing it outrageous. But, as others have mentioned, Deroir was intended to be a currency dump for folks that have accumulated currency over the years. Personally, I don't have the Research journals, but I have just about everything else.

If you're like me and have several 150 AR toons you can take away their +9 infusions and craft them into the +11 and +x infusions you need for the unlocks. I was able to pull away a couple dozen +9's from my toon and get the permanent +10 AR to offset the +9's that I pulled. Only cost a handful of silver for the Thermal reagents and infusion extractors I needing to bind the infusions together. I'm sure I can do the same thing for the future upgrades, but at that point I'm likely looking at breaking out a spreadsheet if I want to avoid spending gold and instead just extra make use of what I have already. That or I guess I could buy the mega-infusions and them sell my excess infusions after the fact...but TP "tax".

But yeah, the account upgrades are supposed to be super long term if you weren't already hoarding the currency over the years.

@Saniyah.1984 said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deroir

I think Fractals should be for making money NOT spend it!!Could you please remove the infusions costs +16 Agony Infusions is 1000 Gold!

TBF if you have already bought up through mist attunement 3 then 1k gold is likely easy enough for you to acquire. Those 55 thousand fractal relics and 2k pristine relics will take far longer to obtain if you don't already have them.

The idea behind Deroir is to create a fractal sink that actually requires a lot! It's meant to be expensive that for there will be something to always go for. Furthermore: anet dev specifically said that fractal relics are not meant to be converted into gold. Creating abnormally large relic/pristine relic/matrix sink is the other solution.

Archived