[Suggestions] Emote chat colors need to more clearly indicate the actor.

Reiiama.6198

Currently, emotes are grey-on-grey, which makes several roleplayers roleplaying in an area extremely difficult to read. I recommend tinting emote text slightly yellow (Lemon, maybe?) to differentiate it from chat and keeping the roleplayer's name the green color currently used.

I'd be fine if the name was at least made the usual green and the text stayed the same. I just want to be able to pick out my RP partner from multiple simultaneous posters.

I've been asking since mid 2012 (ie beta) for them to make emote text more visible. Ideally by putting the ability for players to individually customize chat channel colors to their heart's content. So I shall agree with you here: it's a terrible eye strain to read the grey text.

I don't really RP in game any more, though. It's too limiting thanks to the grey on grey and the inability to save chat logs for posterity except by painstaking screen shots and image hostings thereof (in addition, you can't scroll line by line. So getting exact line breaks for said screen shots is tedious). I use MoPad for easy intuitive collaborative group writing that I can swiftly copy-paste into Word, and in-game play just to inspire the stories. Thus my crusade for brighter emotes has tapered off ... and ANet has lost log-in time during RP sessions for me and my RP partners.

But it's not just a problem for RP. There's a lot of key information in the NPC chatter in the story chapters, and it's too easy to gloss over it all thanks to the dim text.

I wish ANet would at least tell us why they have never changed this. Trickier coding than it seems? Someone in management hates emote text and wants it invisible? Bizarre bugs will happen? The original coder who designed the chat interface left without any documentation so they daren't touch it lest the game explode? Their in-office monitors make it look cheerful cream in color so they don't know it's grey for everyone else? Despite years of people posting on the issue no one at ANet is aware because none of the forum reading collators ever bothered to forward it to anyone that could decide to make a change? They have a medical authority assuring them that if emotes were any other color half their players would fall into deep comas?

So easy to read stuff into pure silence :(

Archived