POF discussion

Pevey.9671

@Jedex.4261 said:So in pof why won't i be able to use my hot elite spec and my pof elite spec, just completely get's rid of hot that i spent 60 bucks on ? why can't i have the pof elite spec and hot elite spec at the same time ?

Because all elite specs change many fundamental skills of the profession you are playing.For example, both Dragonhunter and Firebrand completely change how Virtues work, meaning having both at the same would be really problematic.

I assume the Heart of Thorns elite specs will still be the optimal ones for some aspects of the games, while the Path of Fire specs will be better for others, leading to more variety and options.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@Jedex.4261 said:So in pof why won't i be able to use my hot elite spec and my pof elite spec, just completely get's rid of hot that i spent 60 bucks on ? why can't i have the pof elite spec and hot elite spec at the same time ?

Because all elite specs change many fundamental skills of the profession you are playing.For example, both Dragonhunter and Firebrand completely change how Virtues work, meaning having both at the same would be really problematic.

I assume the Heart of Thorns elite specs will still be the optimal ones for some aspects of the games, while the Path of Fire specs will be better for others, leading to more variety and options.

but that should be my choice wouldn't you think ? like in gw1 ?

@Jedex.4261 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

You could only slot 1 elite skill in guild wars 1, so slotting 1 elite skill in guild wars 2 would be in line with that design choice.

Keep in mind that HoT elite lines may still be competitve come expansion just like how Vanilla trait lines were still viable in Hot Raid.

@IllegalChocolate.6938 said:

@Jedex.4261 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

You could only slot 1 elite skill in guild wars 1, so slotting 1 elite skill in guild wars 2 would be in line with that design choice.

Keep in mind that HoT elite lines may still be competitve come expansion just like how Vanilla trait lines were still viable in Hot Raid.

Yeah True i understand now

Think of it this way: You can change water to wine, or you can change water to coca cola. It doesn't make any sense, in terms of logic, to say you turned the same water into both wine and cola simultaneously. Just doesn't work.

In that sense, if you have 2 Guardian Elite Specs that change Virtues in their own way, it'd be impossible, mechanically, for them both to work at the same time.

Another thing to think about is that there's an increase in build variety now. As a mesmer main, I now have a choice for either a more self healing oriented tank build with chronomancer (and specifically shield) or a more dodge-tank/elusive build with mirage and possibly stealth as well to avoid being targeted directly, and both i mean as in solo play (quite possibly for group play as well, but definitely not meta, especially stealth tanking since that entirely defeats the purpose of tanking =p).

As a revenant, there's the choice between the more passive/defensive support of herald or the more offensive support of renegade.

So i think it just adds more playstyle options, say if i get bored of the self healing tank of chronomancer, i can t my hand with mirage now as a more elusive tank that avoids damage, the previous effort isn't removed so much as now there's a secondary non-core choice.

@castlemanic.3198 said:Another thing to think about is that there's an increase in build variety now. As a mesmer main, I now have a choice for either a more self healing oriented tank build with chronomancer (and specifically shield) or a more dodge-tank/elusive build with mirage and possibly stealth as well to avoid being targeted directly, and both i mean as in solo play (quite possibly for group play as well, but definitely not meta, especially stealth tanking since that entirely defeats the purpose of tanking =p).

As a revenant, there's the choice between the more passive/defensive support of herald or the more offensive support of renegade.

So i think it just adds more playstyle options, say if i get bored of the self healing tank of chronomancer, i can t my hand with mirage now as a more elusive tank that avoids damage, the previous effort isn't removed so much as now there's a secondary non-core choice.

but why would you go back to chrono ? when the new expact comes out all the meta is going to be around the pof skills

@Jedex.4261 said:

@maddoctor.2738 said:

And it will be your choice of which elite spec to run.

Archived