New mastery is useless

Reynarth.4819

So anyone else thinks new mastery is completely useless? We gather much more Volatile by doing events than just collecting red orbs, collecting them manually is just.. waste of time. The only plus of this mastery is that these orbs doesn't push us when we touch it, which was annoying without mastery.

@cNd.1096 said:So anyone else thinks new mastery is completely useless? We gather much more Volatile by doing events than just collecting red orbs, collecting them manually is just.. waste of time. The only plus of this mastery is that these orbs doesn't push us when we touch it, which was annoying without mastery.

I once got pushed off a cliff because I got too close to one.Thank Grenth for that glider.

The first mastery of LS3 was similar, allowing us to collect UB magic.

I think this is perfectly fine, because it gives the devs some breathing space to actually think out and fine-tune the actual masteries we will be getting in the following releases. I'm hoping they won't be random map-specific movement abilities this time, but something that's useful everywhere.

There are a couple of places in the zone where there are a lot of orbs together. I enjoy collecting those, because it's sort of fun. And I can get them as extra in addition to the events I do on the way from one place to another. It's not replacing events, nor should it, since you need players to do events. But it is a nice extra bonus.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:The first mastery of LS3 was similar, allowing us to collect UB magic.

I think this is perfectly fine, because it gives the devs some breathing space to actually think out and fine-tune the actual masteries we will be getting in the following releases. I'm hoping they won't be random map-specific movement abilities this time, but something that's useful everywhere.

Wait... it was? Then why did I still have to buy that unbound magic collector after having all the Living World Season 3 masteries done?

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Wait... it was? Then why did I still have to buy that unbound magic collector after having all the Living World Season 3 masteries done?To unlock the mastery track. Those that unlocked it the right way (by doing LS3 chapter 1) didn't need to buy it.

Edit: wait, you had the mastery tracks unlocked and you still had to buy the gizmo to collect UMs? That should be a bug...

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Wait... it was? Then why did I still have to buy that unbound magic collector after having all the Living World Season 3 masteries done?To unlock the mastery track. Those that unlocked it the right way (by doing LS3 chapter 1) didn't need to buy it.

No, I meant was... okay here's my process of what I did as I haven't done any of the Living World story.Used 6 TP to friends to get into the maps, I then collected all the non story mastery points and got every Living World mastery before going back on working on the main original HoT masteries (that I haven't finished yet).

Even after that, everytime I accidentally touched one of the unbound magic, I couldn't collect Unbound Magic at all unless it was through events or hearts or map completion or something......which is what I could've done also in the new map without the mastery.

The first mastery track was not collecting magic, it was to counter magic. The magic collection ability was granted through the story once you had counter magic.This skill is dumb and useless. The only thing it does is prevent an arbitrary action and allow us to collect a resource. This could have been done in a different way, and probably should have been.

Once you have the mastery you also loot Volatile Magic from mobs on the LS4 Map I think, at least I didn't notice dropping any before I had the mastery.And honestly I'm glad that they don't introduce any more "absolutely neccessary" Masteries. I don't like beeing stuck somewhere because I haven't grinded some mastery yet - HoT was super annoying because you couldn't even play the game to a large extend without the appropriate masteries

@Soulentra.7180 said:The only thing that's bothering me about this new LS mastery is that my unbound magic tools will be probably "useless" once I get all stuff I want from LS3...

Given the various materials possibly to buy with UM (obsidian, Warped Packets/Bundles) I really don't think UM can become useless. It's far too easy to liquidate into gold.

I really wish they would just change it to unbound magic, unlock it for everyone even core players and replace the LWS3 and LWS4 masteries with something else. Maybe a bloodstone obelisk in our home instance to get unbound magic once a day with LWS3. With LWS4 maybe a home karma vendor for keys? Risen butler to clean up the dead bird? Suggestions?

I was kinda hoping that the new masteries would get us additional training with our mounts like our raptor now gets a skill 2.

Could have even been something as simple as he gets a faster leap. Something not necessary but I would see for some handy for the final mission dodging the weights in the first city instance. Or it could have been something cool like you've now spent enough time with your raptor that while in combat you can now summon him to fight by your side for 30 seconds.

@Hevoskuuri.3891 said:The first mastery of LS3 was similar, allowing us to collect UB magic.

To be fair... Bloodstone fen had a lot more Unbound Magic Orbs, and it's sort of a mini-game to collect them (kind of like aerial pacman) while there's no similar area/concentration of volatile magic in Istan.

I once got pushed off a cliff because I got too close to one.Thank Grenth for that glider.

THIS!! Sometimes I do not see those orange orbs that are hidden to me because they somewhat blend with the ground or sand colors... It´s like you are riding a bike then you did not saw a big rock then fell-off... painfuly sometimes

Archived