]Suggestion] One thing that would be awesome for Roleplayers.

Eluziel.4650

Note, I don't claim to speak for the entire RP community on GW2, but as a roleplayer I believe this is something many, if not all, would want.

The roleplaying community in many MMOs is often among the most loyal and solid of a game. They'll keep playing even when current progress content is stale, don't often care about balance etc unless they play other modes as well, and are often extremely creative in their use of the zones, lore , character creation and customisation. True, there's a section of the RP community that has a bad rep and gives the rest of us said bad rep, but that's not all of us.

Back during Beta, a lot of RPers asked for a toggle-walk ability rather than hold-to-walk and this was added, so thank you for this A-Net! We get that sittable chairs just won't happen with the engine as it is and that's fine..

But one thing changed from beta/launch that cause a little bit of an issue for us, and that was the change from town clothes to outfits and tonics. To add to this, many of the beloved dyeable townclothes, especially the common clothes that were different per race, were made into an undyeable tonic.

Add to this that we see NPCs wandering on beautiful town clothes that we'd all love to own and dye and wear.

Would it be possible to do either of the following?

1) Change the current clothes tonics into outfits. I'd be happy paying some gems to have these outfits dyeable again.2) Give us some more casual clothes outfits? The models are in the database already as can be seen on various NPCs, from those wandering the main cities to some in Amnoon and Maguuma locations, the clothes are amazing and would be awesome to play with in terms of dyes.

Yours in RP and hope,

Elu

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Vavume.8065 said:I admire your determination in attempting to RP in a game with no immersion...

Best immersion is just watching a good RP group doing their stuff. It's like "insta-Tyria" experience for me.

I find their antics more immersion breaking then supporting. People don't talk like that normally....

When you're game's interaction system exists as a meta-concept, the very trying to RP comes off as artificial.... just like both times you got to see a Stage play run by Vabbian Actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep-hKvalRj8

Archived