Locking New Legendaries Behind Raids

Jukens.1693

Raids already had their exclusive legendary armors, new raid wing has its own new weapon skins and armor. Thats cool and okay but why do the extreme and also put the new Legendary Ring behind the raids?

Raids are not available to everyone Anet, unlike Fractals, Open World, WvW and PvP. Whatever put in the raids won't incentivize me to run this content, they don't exist for me period. No instead it just pisses me off completely. There is no telling how many more legendaries Anet is going to put in there for the %1.

Every time you put a legendary behind raids. you are going to shoot yourselves in the foot. Less people able to get a legendary= less gems to gold conversion= less dollars for you. Also turn people like me crazy.

Please, either make it available somewhere else or stop continuing to this. This ring feels like it belongs to the new maps. Sorry this post is a bit rough around the edges, i am just very disappointed about this, had to be done.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jukens.1693 said:Raids are not available to everyone Anet, unlike Fractals, Open World, WvW and PvP. Whatever put in the raids won't incentivize me to run this content, they don't exist for me period. No instead it just pisses me off completely. There is no telling how many more legendaries Anet is going to put in there for the %1.

Raids are available for those who bought HoT (Wing 1-4) or PoF (Wing 5).Also, can we please stop with this 1% bullshit? No one but anet has actual numbers.

@RaidsAreEasyAF.8652 said:

@Jukens.1693 said:Raids are not available to everyone Anet, unlike Fractals, Open World, WvW and PvP. Whatever put in the raids won't incentivize me to run this content, they don't exist for me period. No instead it just pisses me off completely. There is no telling how many more legendaries Anet is going to put in there for the %1.

Raids are available for those who bought HoT (Wing 1-4) or PoF (Wing 5).Also, can we please stop with this 1% kitten? No one but anet has actual numbers.

It's not and never will be. Can we please stop with this kitten?

@Jukens.1693 said:

Raids are available for those who bought HoT (Wing 1-4) or PoF (Wing 5).Also, can we please stop with this 1% kitten? No one but anet has actual numbers.

It's not and never will be. Can we please stop with this kitten?

It is available for everyone owning either of the expansions. You not wanting or being able to raid doesnt mean they arent there for you to play. You can play them anytime you want, you simply dont do it for whatever reason.

It's not good to lose your temper over such mundane things. But here we go: https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.legendaryInsights

1% of the players who bothered registering an API keys (less than 20k players, ie a very very small portion of the playerbase) have been raiding every week. 2.5% of them have been raiding regularly and now have 400 ish Lis. And we're talking about the most dedicated members of the community, because registering an API key is mostly for hardcore players, not for everyone. The thing is, raids are difficult, niche and exclusionary content. That's not an assumption, that's a fact.

To OP: that's not the right approach. You should definitely ask for different tiers of content because ANet has far less valid arguments when we're reminding them that they have this for fractals and that it works extremely well. Or because paying for content you'll never get to play sucks. Or because accessibility is the best way to progress as a player. Really, anything you want as long as it's within the context of this schizophrenic denial where ANet's left hand rejects what the right hand does successfully.

@Jukens.1693 said:There likely won't ever be different tier raids, imo it's a waste of resources. It would be better off if new legies that available in raids also available somewhere else, like it was done with legendary armor.

It's not a waste, it would be played (far more than the current raids), and the devs saying they can't is really an insult to our intelligence, because they do it and they do it well for fractals.

@STIHL.2489 said:IRC, Anet said something like 20% of the players do raids. Anyway, their game, their way, this is how they want to do things here, and you have a choice of two, deal with it, or find something else to play.

More like %20 set foot in raids and most do not anymore.

its not as if significantly more people play wvw/pvp at the level to obtain the legendaries there. raids in gw2 are very casual friendly, the first bosses can be cleared by a group of 10 people with no prior experience in a very acceptable amount of time, assuming these people are willing to think about the encounters and adjust their builds accordingly, or, alternatively, just grab a meta comp/build.

@AngelsShadow.7360 said:Anet made it very clear that legendary trinkets wouldn’t be obtainable just from open world. Expect to see some coming from WvW/PvP eventually.

They said lot of things... like gw2 is not and wont be grinding game, also with hot you will have new set of hot leges, now they need force ppl to go for their toxic content.

And if we talk about %, 20% ppl going raid ? If its not based on facts... they can say whatever they want to. But look around your friends and guildies... how many of them going raids... ive done for ap, never going back... coz that elitism stupidity growing up... and anet steps forcing ppl to go there with no other option to do... its not like here you have 2 rings from open world... and one exclusive from raid..... its just this one bound to raid, no other option.For most ppl is raid only painful experience... not enjoying... just must to do thing.

@Rennie.6750 said:

@Jukens.1693 said:There likely won't ever be different tier raids, imo it's a waste of resources. It would be better off if new legies that available in raids also available somewhere else, like it was done with legendary armor.

It's not a waste, it would be played (far more than the current raids), and the devs saying they can't is really an insult to our intelligence, because they do it and they do it well for fractals.

They never said that they can't. They said that they won't.

Yes, they do it for fractals. Yes, they could do it for raids. No, they won't do it for raids. Yes, it could possibly be played more than current Raids. The fact that Anet doesn't want to do the tiers, even with that as a possibility, says that they don't intend for the majority of people to play raids, or that to be the main focus of their end game.

My biggest issue is it's way harder to organize 10 people for raids with no barrier to entry than other game modes.

Take fractals for example. You only need to organize 5 people, AND there is a barrier for entry in agony resistance. Fewer and more dedicated people make it a much less painful process.

I want to raid, I just don't want to deal with the sheer logistics involved in building the groups.

@Hesacon.8735 said:My biggest issue is it's way harder to organize 10 people for raids with no barrier to entry than other game modes.

Take fractals for example. You only need to organize 5 people, AND there is a barrier for entry in agony resistance. Fewer and more dedicated people make it a much less painful process.

I want to raid, I just don't want to deal with the sheer logistics involved in building the groups.

I would make the claim that the barrier to entry for raids is, "Organized guilds and groups that are looking for a challenge", from their announcement of raids. Pugging wasn't intended to be easy for raids, because it wasn't the target audience.

Being in a dedicated group or guild, makes a world of difference with accessibility to Raids.

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Rennie.6750 said:

They never said that they can't. They said that they won't.No. They haven't. They said that it was not planned originally and they aren't planning it at this moment. That's all.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Fatalyz.7168 said:

@Rennie.6750 said:

They never said that they can't. They said that they won't.No. They haven't. They said that it was not planned originally and they aren't planning it at this moment. That's all.

"We won't be adding a different difficulty tier at this time. Raids need to continue to remain the most challenging content in the game, and they aren't designed to be accessible by everyone from a skill perspective." - Crystal Reid

That says specifically, "won't". The "at this time" is only in case they do decide to change their minds, which they have been known to do, but have held strong in this one. Currently they are not interested in changing their minds, enough that MO backed Crystal's statement, in the POF AMA.

Source for original quote:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/113984/#Comment_113984

@Hesacon.8735 said:My biggest issue is it's way harder to organize 10 people for raids with no barrier to entry than other game modes.

The hardest part of raiding has always been logistics, even within organized groups or guilds - so the idea of raiding requiring "skill" is really more of an illusion than anything.

To that point, in my raids, I find myself constantly having to play the bad guy with people I consider to be close friends. When we struggle on a fight, it is rarely because of a lack of skill, but rather because Anet chose to limit certain tools that make raiding significantly easier to very few - or even one - profession/build(s) (one most point to is alacrity). It gets tiring telling people that the profession they have chosen to play and learned to love over the years isn't good enough - that in order to be a good raider, they have to play something they don't enjoy.

It is sad how raids in their current form have turned GW2 from what many considered to be the most accepting and friendly MMO on the market into one of the most narrowminded and toxic environments in gaming.

@Blaeys.3102 said:

The hardest part of raiding has always been logistics, even within organized groups or guilds - so the idea of raiding requiring "skill" is really more of an illusion than anything.

To that point, in my raids, I find myself constantly having to play the bad guy with people I consider to be close friends. When we struggle on a fight, it is rarely because of a lack of skill, but rather because Anet chose to limit certain tools that make raiding significantly easier to very few - or even one - profession/build(s) (one most point to is alacrity). It gets tiring telling people that the profession they have chosen to play and learned to love over the years isn't good enough - that in order to be a good raider, they have to play something they don't enjoy.

It is sad how raids in their current form have turned GW2 from what many considered to be the most accepting and friendly MMO on the market into one of the most narrowminded and toxic environments in gaming.

Making Chronomancer the way it is now was a mistake, it's too powerful and revenant is the only other profession who have access to alacrity but no quickness whatsoever, they gotta do something about it since people refuse to not have one for any kind of raids/fractals.

@Blaeys.3102 said:It is sad how raids in their current form have turned GW2 from what many considered to be the most accepting and friendly MMO on the market into one of the most narrowminded and toxic environments in gaming.

Proven by the daily posts on reddit like "This community is awesome." or "GW2 community by far the best" etc. etc. etc.

Let's be realistic. After releasing Aurora they said they will ship out further legendary trinkets with new episodes of the Living Story. So, I am very convinced that we'll see the next trinket via open world soon.There is absolutely no reason for whining at this point in time.

They said they wouldn't add new gear, but created ascended.

They said we didn't need mounts because we had waypoints. They ended up creating mounts.

In the end of the day the customer is always right. If people like OP complain enough and are in big numbers they will get what they want. Everybody knows that the most casual players are the majority and what keep the game running. I wouldn't take any statement against the casual players as something anet wouldn't revert on the long run.

@Amineo.8951 said:

@Blaeys.3102 said:

Making Chronomancer the way it is now was a mistake, it's too powerful and revenant is the only other profession who have access to alacrity but no quickness whatsoever, they gotta do something about it since people refuse to not have one for any kind of raids/fractals.

The easy way would be make make most/all alacrity to work only on the one casting the skill and not aoe. This change alone would make all pve content harder.

Archived