More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want.

Just remember folks... “It all gets back to our basic design philosophy. Our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” - Mike O’Brien

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Each method of getting legendaries currently pushes for the pinnacle of its respective category.

• WvW has legendary armor & back but low access to legendary weapons: Pips increase as your level increases making it easier to get legendary gear. More kills, more capping, more mats for the gear. Low gold generation (maybe) so legendary weapons aren't as easy.
  • PvP has legendary armor & back and decent access to legendary weapons: Skill means you get more pieces faster, gold gain is decent for legendary weapons & crafting the armor.
  • PvE Raids have legendary armor & part of the new ring: Raids usually require skill and coordination. You can pug to get the kills. I haven't had a single guild kill and have around 15-20 LI & 8 of the bosses down.
  • PvE discovery has legendary trinket Aurora.
  • PvE grinding has legendary weapons that you can buy.
  • PvE fractals has a legendary backpack
  • Real money can be used to buy legendary weapons and gold to buy raid kills.
  • All pretty much have a small requirement of doing some events in other categories but overall this makes sense.

Which category of gameplay doesn't have an associated legendary?

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:Please pretty please? It would be a wonderful solution.Now I have these locked collections of which I already would have completed several sub-steps, but were not recorded because they are locked behind some impossible jumping puzzle or now Raid boss.

It would be a horrible solution. Legendary is supposed to mean Legendary, not common.

@Umut.5471 said:WvW and sPvP legendary armor should have their unique legendary skins imo. Legendary weapons on the other hand, require all kind of gameplay unlike raid-locked legendary armor skins and the new ring.

I think the thing there is it wouldn't be 2 sets of gear but 4 since you need ranked & nonranked. They also have an official post, "The Legendary Armorer achievement is only advanced by crafting Perfected Envoy armor from raids, not by upgrading PvP or WvW ascended armor to legendary. This was confirmed to be intended by Anet on the old forums" (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_armor)

Also, another thing is the time it takes to complete a legendary armor set varies pretty heavily depending on method of choice.

I strongly agree with giving each game type its own way to access legendary items.

I think it would be better if they had different skins, so players wouldn't complain that others got the same thing they have without doing what they did (and let's be honest, each group thinks his/her game mode is more difficult than the others).

But it would be great if PvE, PvP and WvW had ways to get legendary armor, weapons, amulets, rings and accessories without having to enter the other game modes.

@Shirlias.8104 said:1 per modaility is enough to me.Also PvE is mixed ( backpack from fractals, armor from raid, Trinkets from LS ).

The important thing to remember is that raids have less in common with open world PvE than sPvP has with WvW, and yet the latter are considered "totally different things." People who enjoy raids, that's cool, let them raid, let them earn cool stuff that way. But people who enjoy PvE, but have zero interest in raiding, should not have to raid, or fractal, or any of that stuff if they want to get access to Envoy armor.

@TexZero.7910 said:Gonna go with no.The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

That was exactly my thought when raiders were complaining about how GW2 needed raids.

@Swagger.1459 said:Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear for every mode (owpve, fractals, spvp, wvw, dungeons) so players can play how they want.

In an ideal universe, with unlimited resources and devs, yes, this would be the way to go.

But, so ANet tell us, that's not possible. Like with raid armor. "We can only do so much!", they cry.

Except then they added PvP and WvW versions. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Being completely selfish, I'd like Fractal armor plz. I play that most, so that's all i care about lol.

@Cerberus.4315 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:Gonna go with no.The current system is fine and there's no reason to change it to placate the OW only crowd.

owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0. Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it.

Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

owpve has got to out number all other game modes together 10 to 1, without those players u wouldn't hav a game within 3 months

and if everyone in said modes had legendary armor its prestige and wow factor would be 0. Thus it needs to be in modes where people have to actually put forth a dedicated effort to attain it.

Sorry you don't like that, but im sure if you group with the 10 other people to the 1 that already raids, you can get through it.

So why is it that we can't all have access to this gear then, whatever mode we decide to play? I spent all of yesterday looking for a pug group that would accept me with no Li to no avail and do u really think when I see players running around with leggy armor or weapon ect I think WOW look at him go with that gear :)

@Ohoni.6057 said:people who enjoy PvE, but have zero interest in raiding, should not have to raid ... if they want to get access to Envoy armor.Actually they should, they just shouldn't be forced to raid if they want to have a legendary armor set. Giving them their own unique OW PvM legendary armor set would be the way to go and to be honest, an overhaul of the world boss / "big meta" reward system is long overdue.

Archived