Should mounts be added to wvw ?

MarkoNS.3261

Here is my 2 cents wvw has large maps that are not fast at all to traverse on foot and it has alot of players who like to stalk others, so mounts would help negate these 2 things and honestly i bought the expansion so i can play with my mounts and i want that option in wvw as well, you added gliding right time to add mounts as well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:With the current WvW... no.Mounts would be to much... or would lead to something useless.

why would it be to much i think it would fit perfectly.

Map are way to small, and pet skills how they work would be to much for a pvp enviromentAnd the aread to use the kites are to small as well to use the mounts... u would be spending more time mounting and unmounting from pet than anything else...

Now if there were new mounts, supply based or unlocked via guild stuff to be built on WvW (golems are already mounts in a way) or new vehicles....that would be diferent.I could imagine ANet selling mox /rox(gw1 golems) skins and the taimi golem skins :X as well.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:With the current WvW... no.Mounts would be to much... or would lead to something useless.

why would it be to much i think it would fit perfectly.

I could imagine ANet selling mox /rox skins and the taimi golem skins :X as well.

I want my damn finishers xd

For mounts to be added, the actual maps of WvWvW would to be removed and new ones be made with that in mind.

And if you do that, Anet would probably have to give a basic glider/mount(raptor?) to use in wvw only to F2P and Core, so we avoid problems with players with low mobility that already happen in some degree in the maps already with the gliders only. Also the engaging skills of mounts.... wasnt that oneshotting players while enabled in the arena on mists? That needs to be looked before anything, maybe disabled.

I think its just too much work and it will probably not happen. Doing it in the maps we have already would be a big no.

@rsegames.3916 said:For mounts to be added, the actual maps of WvWvW would to be removed and new ones be made with that in mind.

And if you do that, Anet would probably have to give a basic glider/mount(raptor?) to use in wvw only to F2P and Core, so we avoid problems with players with low mobility that already happen in some degree in the maps already with the gliders only. Also the engaging skills of mounts.... wasnt that oneshotting players while enabled in the arena on mists? That needs to be looked before anything, maybe disabled.

I think its just too much work and it will probably not happen. Doing it in the maps we have already would be a big no.

True, if we follow the reasoning of OP, what happens then to the haves and have nots? Do people with the 'haves' only get special treatment?

I will say No in general.But i will say yes if under some condition...It is okay to have Raptor, only allow to mount up in spawn mount stable(could be a potential tactics to keep), cannot mount up in the middle of nowhere even it is out of combat. There are already classes that u can't chase when they are on foot, if somebody able to stealth and create ooc moment then just mount and flee, it will create huge unbalance to certain class.

Yes!But should be WvW specific mounts with WvW-themed abilities instead of the open world movement abilities.Like a Doliak mount that you can use to carry more supplies, but the more supplies you carry the slower it moves (that supply could also be delivered and count as a whole doliak for tower/keep progress)A Ram-head Raptor, can be used to ram gates (but does less damage than a normal siege ram)A spike tail Manticore-like critter, that works like a toned down Arrow cart.A Giant Warthog with a Charge ability that knocks players back when it hits (imagine a line of these charging a blob ^_^)A fast Feline-like mount that can stealth while moving outside of walls (this one would be hard to implement).

So we'd have a mount for supply running, one for sieges, a defensive one, a field battle one, and a scout one.All of those skills would be the last skill of their WvW skill line, and cost a LOT of Wxp, so that most players would have to specialize in one of those mounts.

yes, we should have a spar system knight-styled with 2 charging raptors and lances. The strength of your charge is measured by how fast you can smash the 111 button. Winner of the charge takes down the wall or door health by a certain percentage, this will replace siege with mounts and bring about a more siege-less play. idk wtf is going on am i making sense?

Mounts in WvW would make it an ABSOLUTE CIRCUS in the worst way! :-1:Just think about what those mounts can do, particularly - Griffon, Springer and Raptor, and how that WOULDN'T be good for WvW unless you just want 100% CHAOS!

Side note: maybe having a mount weekend just for laughs might fly :wink: LOL!

@Krypto.2069 said:Mounts in WvW would make it an ABSOLUTE CIRCUS in the worst way! :-1:Just think about what those mounts can do, particularly - Griffon, Springer and Raptor, and how that WOULDN'T be good for WvW unless you just want 100% CHAOS!

Side note: maybe having a mount weekend just for laughs might fly :wink: LOL!

and instead of little chaos what have wvw be the same boring mode it is forever ?

Archived