Are the Hoelbrak Norns the only ones out there?

Oglaf.1074

They're basically vikings, right? Fair-skinned and all that. And it is pretty obvious that Hoelbrak has a Scandinavian/Nordic theme to it.

Then you have characters like Braham's father who, looking at Braham in comparison to his mother, probably wasn't of this nordic archetype.

That makes me wonder just how wide-spread the Norns are. Are there other settlements out there across Tyria that pay homage to other cultures on IRL earth? Like I could definitely see a group of Norns living more of a nomadic lifestyle like the Mongols and whatnot.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Are there other settlements out there across Tyria that pay homage to other cultures on IRL earth? Like I could definitely see a group of Norns living more of a nomadic lifestyle like the Mongols and whatnot.

None that we know of. It's possible that there are other splinters of the norn race from the time Jormag broke them, similar to how the asura have Rata Novus and Rata Pten, but if so we've heard nothing about them. They'd be further north, probably in the Woodland Cascades (there's an old theory that the Mossman is a norn who'd lived out there) or Blood Legion Homelands.

That said, though, the cultural split would've only been 165 years back. I doubt they would've branched into Mongols or some other entirely different culture in that time. Again, looking at Rata Novus or Rata Pten, besides for slightly different tech and architecture, we're not seeing anything that'd be out of place in Rata Sum.

Archived